Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O- Nagoya 2019

Posted (edited)

Hakuhou trained with Enhou at their Shiga training camp this day, in front of some 300 fans, driving them nuts. The thing that got the crowd going most was some "love treatment" Hakuhou administered, rolling the diminutive one over time and again. Just when it seemed it was over, Enhou carried a 30 kilo sandbag for lower body fortification. Out of breath and all, he soldiered on, gaining much respect from the assembled crowd. "Maaaan, that first bout was really terrible (Hakuhou blasted him out).. He really came at me.." he said, but with a smile, looking happy. No sign of any bandaging on his injured right thigh, so that is a good sign. As for Hakuhou's injury,. it seems to be healed. He was throwing, pushing and shoving, essentially using a variety of techniques. "My right arm is fine, but I may be overusing my left, causing my old wound (left elbow) some discomfort.." he said candidly. "I prepared well in Tokyo so that I could come here in  good condition. I'll continue to prepare seriously so that I may enter Nagoya," he summed.

201906120000597-w500_0.jpg

With kindergartners who came for a visit:

201906120000593-w500_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Takayasu trained with Araiso Oyakata today and was 6-7. He showed good stuff at times, winning 4 in a row, but lost the last 2.  "I have trained with the oyakata in Tokyo as well, so I arrived in Nagoya in good shape. I intend to forge my body well and do some self confident keiko," he said. he will be joining the Nishonoseki Rengo Keiko between June 27-29th and intends to make a mark there. The Tagonoura beya keikoba in Nagoya is situated outdoors. "I hate the heat. I will be using the experience I accumulated with the years. It's not the same as when I was starting. Today's keiko is much more physical and forces you to exert more power. Sometimes it takes a long time to build up strength but sometimes you can concentrate and go all out, and that can be good keiko too," explained Takayasu. Compared to that 1-20 session a few months ago, Takayasu was looking much better. "His strength in fighting back is different, it's strong. I did my best not to get blown away," said Araiso Oyakata. "Sumo is all about small adjustments that can change everything. A minimal shift in the angle of the tachiai or the change of the timing by a few milliseconds can make a difference. This can bring about a quick improvement but the failure is quick as well. Doing 30-40 bouts to achieve that is not necessary. It's all in the concentration!!" added Araiso.

201906260000564-w500_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 4