Sign in to follow this  
Eikokurai

Yearly Kimarite Records

Posted (edited)

How can I use the database to determine which year a particular kimarite was used most? E.g. Which year had the highest number of sotogake in makuuchi?

It’s easy to find out which basho had the most uses of a kimarite, but it seems to find it for a year requires a manual search and count of all six basho in a year, which is time consuming. It’s also easy to find out the reverse – which kimarite was used most in a particular year – by searching only the basho for that year and sorting by kimarite, but I’m not sure how to compare all years other than by what I said above.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense.

Edited by Eikokurai

Sorry I didn't see this until now. I've put the annual totals from 1992 to 2018 in this Google sheet. If you want it separated into the individual divisions I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while longer, I've been successfully kicking that can down the road for quite some time already. Randall.gif.50a49a51bdb94af6888137751bc6190d.gif

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the sheet, I've never actually used that before but I think I've done it correctly.

• Like 2