Sign in to follow this  
Pandaazuma

Games Talk Natsu 2019

14 hours ago, Kotononami said:

You’re right , that’s the way I like to play sometimes , just intuition , far away from any mathematical system.

Winning in this way happens less often but  brings a lot more fun  , I’m sure my old mate Terarno understand that ;-)

Not sure why you think it brings more fun. I mean, I know the statistical players (I am not one of them) have/had a great deal of fun playing the games. How do you measure more or less 'fun'? ;)

It's kinda funny being co-leader in Toto and dead last in Sumo Game.

10-2 makushita lead in bench

8-4 sumogame makushita

at least already secured 2  kk

but the rest? very long verny nothing :-)

Hoshitori has been kicked! (Clappingwildly...)

11 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

It's kinda funny being co-leader in Toto and dead last in Sumo Game.

remmber?...you being juryo-game yokozuna.....no juryo, no yusho

• Haha 1

Bout 26 - Oshirokita (J2E) 7 [7-6] Sotogake Gansekiiwa (J13E) 7 [7-6]
  Gansekiiwa wins on the first bench rikishi.

Oshirokita (J2E) 7 (Submitted by Oshirokita at 24 May, 2019 08:26 AM JST)
4 Tochinoshin [-]  3 Tamawashi [+]  3 Mitakeumi [-]  2 Hokutofuji [+]  2 Tomokaze [+]
Bench:  Kakuryu [-] Goeido [+] Tochiozan [-] Shimanoumi [+] Myogiryu [-] 
Comment: 
Trying a little shakeup of the lineup; this could go badly...

- vs -

Gansekiiwa (J13E) 7 (Submitted by Gansekiiwa at 24 May, 2019 11:08 AM JST)
4 Tamawashi [+]  3 Mitakeumi [-]  3 Onosho [+]  2 Kakuryu [-]  2 Yago [-]
Bench:  Ichinojo [+] Tomokaze [+] Shodai [-] Takayasu [+] Kaisei [-] 
Comment: 
Time to pull out all the stops...

I can't believe I won this match. Nothing in it makes sense.

Having the moxie to put Tochinoshin at 4 after 2 losses and facing the Yusho leader and then have him lose on a bad call?

Benching Kakuryu and get it right, yet not starting Goeido against Shodai?

I have more winners on the bench than starting? 

I win on a first bench rikishi who comes back from kyujo and wins his 2 matches?

How they heck did I win this? Insanity. 

Yep, watching this unfold last night was a bit bizarre. Congrats on the win though!

- Oshirokita 

• Like 1

Oracle Day 13:

Leaders: Haidouzo, MechaJejima
Norizo -3
Gurowake, Pandaazuma -5
DeRosa -9
Choshu-Yuki -12

1 hour ago, Pandaazuma said:

Oracle Day 13:

Leaders: Haidouzo, MechaJejima
Norizo -3
Gurowake, Pandaazuma -5
DeRosa -9
Choshu-Yuki -12

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oracle Day 14:

Tricky to project on day 14, as the projections are now in a range, but this is how it basically looks:

Leader: Gurowake
MechaJejima +1/-1
Pandaazuma -1
Haidouzo -3/+1
Norizo -4
Choshu-Yuki -8/0
DeRosa is out of it.

The reason we have ranges is because some picks are a little outlandish, like Haidouzo's prediction of 9 for Sadanoumi. If Sada wins tomorrow, it will limit a lot of damage for Scott, for example. By the way, Scott had a nightmare day today. Everything went against him.

I am playing football this afternoon (and not looking forward to it at all as it is like the middle of summer here today) when the sumo is on so the updates I am responsible for (Sumo Game commentary, Fantasy Sumo final standings) will be several hours late.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

I am playing football this afternoon (and not looking forward to it at all as it is like the middle of summer here today) when the sumo is on so the updates I am responsible for (Sumo Game commentary, Fantasy Sumo final standings) will be several hours late.

Win and all is forgiven.

Posted (edited)

Alright, not that I actually expect lightning to strike twice in the same spot and even harder the second time but doing this rundown for Oracle makes it more fun for me so...

I don't have the energy to do this for everyone like @Pandaazuma God bless him so I will just do it for me and @Haidouzo , the leader, because it should be a good indicator.

I start the night 10 points behind 563 -553 but like a road bicycle race that doesn't tell the whole story. There are 23 bouts already decided for me. In 15 I gain a point and in 8 I lose one for a net gain of 7 giving me 560. Haidouzo has 21,  12 gains and 9 losses for a net gain of 3 giving him 566. 

So really I start the night 6 points behind 566-560.

I have 9 matches where I can either gain or lose a point and 1, Seiro, where I can gain but not lose thanks to a makushita opponent. Giving me a range of scores from 551 to 570. Haidouzo has 11 matches where he can gain or loss a point and 1, Seiro, he needs to lose to avoid losing a point. Giving him a range of 577 - 564. 

So, theoretically, unbelievably, I could still score higher. Even though we share 5 undecided bouts where we need the same winner. Still could happen.

The guys I want to win are:

Kakuryu, Takayasu, Onosho, Shohozan, Kyokutasei, Kyokushuho, Daiamami, Yutakayama, Kirbayama and Seiro.

Haidouzo wants:

Goeido, Takayasu, Endo, Terutsuyoshi, Sadanoumi,  Shohozan, Kyokutasei, Kyokushuho, Daiamami, Mitoryu, Aminishiki and Ryuko.

Good lucky everybody!!!!   (Cloverleaf...)

After Juryo:

Haidouzo 563 - 559 Rocks

After Tomokaze win:

Haidouzo 563 - 561 Rocks

Still the same after Endo win. We both need Takayasu so it's down to Goeido-Kakuryu. Kakuryu wins it's a tie. He loses, I lose. 

563-563, no idea where the tiebreakers fall or where that places us in the yusho race. 

Haidouzo has me on bullseyes 15-11.  Good luck buddy!

Edited by Rocks

Yes!!!! 10 wins in Toto!!! 

Congrats to @Jakusotsu on the 13-2 Toto Yusho! (Yushowinner...) (Clappingwildly...)

• Thanks 1

Woah! Guess I miscounted in Oracle.  Sorry Haidouzo, but still a Top 10. I'll take the sole 3rd though. :-D

Congrats to @Gurowake on the Oracle Yusho! (Yushowinner...)(Clappingwildly...)

Good yusho there by Gurowake. He will be on a tsuna run in July. MechaJejima finished 1 point behind me and so would have made the top ten as I predicted. Of course the real Jejima pipped 'him'. ;)

• Like 1

Shocking. I actually placed above 100th position in Fantasy - a first for me.

4 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Good yusho there by Gurowake. He will be on a tsuna run in July. MechaJejima finished 1 point behind me and so would have made the top ten as I predicted. Of course the real Jejima pipped 'him'. ;)

godzilla_vs_mechagodzilla_2.jpg

MechaJejima " GG Jejima. See you next basho"

Jejima "Grrrrrrrr......"

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

OMG,. I just realized there is possibly a big mistake in the scoring for Natsu for Oracle. If you look at the individual choices for any player you see Enho is not listed. I don't know if that means his result wasn't calculated with the total score though.

Worse, Chiyomaru and Sadanoumi missing too. The total score must be right though. Must just be a glitch. 

Edited by Rocks

1 hour ago, Rocks said:

OMG,. I just realized there is possibly a big mistake in the scoring for Natsu for Oracle. If you look at the individual choices for any player you see Enho is not listed. I don't know if that means his result wasn't calculated with the total score though.

Worse, Chiyomaru and Sadanoumi missing too. The total score must be right though. Must just be a glitch. 

I believe that this is just an issue with displaying the results. If you look at Gurowake‘s picks (he won in Natsu), only 62 out of 70 of his picks are displayed (for a total of 495 points). However, the overall results page has him at 566 points, so I assume that the picks of the eight missing rikishi are included. Still a thing that Golynohana might check out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Randomitsuki said:

I believe that this is just an issue with displaying the results. If you look at Gurowake‘s picks (he won in Natsu), only 62 out of 70 of his picks are displayed (for a total of 495 points). However, the overall results page has him at 566 points, so I assume that the picks of the eight missing rikishi are included. Still a thing that Golynohana might check out.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Kinda threw me for a second though.

• Thanks 1