Sign in to follow this  
Tamanaogijima

UDH Natsu Basho 2019

Hello gamers,

the UDH entry form is ready now, hopefully recovered from the error last time, and waiting for your selections. Rules in a (very small) nutshell: Guess the thirteen makuuchi rikishi you expect to have the fewest wins this basho.

You may submit your entry at http://udh.seisa.de/udh_index.html.

Once you have selected your team, please root for them as much as you can. The game was not intended to honor any failure, but to stimulate interest in the less successful rikishi.

The deadline for your entries will be the first day of the basho (Sunday, May 12th) at 12pm Japanese Time.

Good luck!

Link to the latest available standings >>> http://udh.seisa.de/udh_stand.html

• Like 3

Just in between a short notice that the entry form DOES WORK PROPERLY as intended. Yay!

(For those of you who have wondered what has been wrong: The confirmation mail sent to me has a different form than the one sent to you, more machine processable. "My" version -- unchanged for more than a decade -- has obviously become borderline to spam, at least to newer version of the filter. Add two random sentences from a random book at the end and it is clear again.)

Posted (edited)

The UDH banzuke page for Natsu is showing the framework but no info. (at least not for me)

Edited by Fukurou

19 hours ago, Tamanaogijima said:

Add two random sentences from a random book at the end and it is clear again.

Genius! (Laughing...)

Entered, but did not receive a confirmation email.

On 07/05/2019 at 17:54, Fukurou said:

The UDH banzuke page for Natsu is showing the framework but no info. (at least not for me)

Now updated. You could have used the Haru banzuke as well as it was the same :-)

On 10/05/2019 at 03:27, Rocks said:

Entered, but did not receive a confirmation email.

Strange thing. Mail server didn't notice me of a dropped mail containing anything like "Gansekiiwa". Anyway, you are one the list.

1 hour ago, Tamanaogijima said:

Strange thing. Mail server didn't notice me of a dropped mail containing anything like "Gansekiiwa". Anyway, you are one the list.

Okay, thanks! By the way, I'm getting a blank screen for Day 2 standings. Tried CTRl/Shift F5 to force a refresh, no luck.

20 hours ago, Rocks said:

Okay, thanks! By the way, I'm getting a blank screen for Day 2 standings. Tried CTRl/Shift F5 to force a refresh, no luck.

It's there for me.

Susanoo with the first 38 score for almost exactly two years, according to my notes. And just one point short of the first perfect score since 2012!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rocks said:

Linking to the latest available standings http://udh.seisa.de/udh_stand.html  might sometimes help as it forces (or should force) a reload of the last day that is not an empty file.

3 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

It's there for me.

Susanoo with the first 38 score for almost exactly two years, according to my notes. And just one point short of the first perfect score since 2012!

Seven years since the last 39? Not that I would dare to cast doubt on your word, but now I'm really intrigued to make an exhausitive search through the archives ;-)

Yes. it's okay for me now, thanks.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:29, Tamanaogijima said:

Seven years since the last 39? Not that I would dare to cast doubt on your word, but now I'm really intrigued to make an exhausitive search through the archives ;-)

Well if you have the time, please do! I'd welcome a proper check of my work, which was a simple page-by-page visual check (incidentally, the page for Day 8 of 2017 Haru is blank).

I count 15 perfect scores in the available records, the last from Flohru on Day 4 of 2012 Kyushu.

• Thanks 1

(Clappingwildly...) Yes! Late days rally gets me back to KK territory! Thanks for the game!!!(Clappingwildly...)

Congrats to @Gaijingai on the Yusho! (Bigfish...)

And I also came in 4th in the Hoshitori Contest (14-1). I guess I do know my losers from winners and vice versa! :-)

Holy late resurgence, Batman! Thought I was destined for mediocrity on this one.