Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Hakuho with heya attendants

Even if Hakuho can't do a dohyo-iri at the basho with 2 attendants from his heya (I think he will at least try to enter and drop out after a few days), he has one with the new tsuna at the heya. Enho is actually higher on the banzuke and is tachi-mochi, Ishiura tsuyu-harai.

201905010000572-w1300_0.jpg

odly1905010017-p1.jpgo

after the tsuna-uchi o

spo1905010012-p1.jpg

No dezu-iri before the basho, no jungyo after it, but there may be some shrine or temple that plans a dezu-iri after the basho - we'll see

On 30/04/2019 at 00:13, sekitori said:

For the first and possibly the last time, Hakuho's stablemates, Ishiura and Enho, will be in makunouchi at the same time. If Hakuho was competing, they would be his attendants at the dohyo-iri. Unfortunately, Hakuho will almost certainly go kyujo because of his injured arm. That dohyo-iri would have been wonderful to see but unfortunately, it won't happen. Hopefully, they will both stay in makuouchi for the Nagoya basho. But if they are, it's still not certain that Hakuho will be ready to compete at that time. 

Are there any occasions following the Natsu basho where he can perform the dohyo-iri with both Enho and Ishiura? As I said, it would be very nice to see that ceremony at least once. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

Even if Hakuho can't do a dohyo-iri at the basho with 2 attendants from his heya (I think he will at least try to enter and drop out after a few days), he has one with the new tsuna at the heya. Enho is actually higher on the banzuke and is tachi-mochi, Ishiura tsuyu-harai.

201905010000572-w1300_0.jpg

odly1905010017-p1.jpgo

after the tsuna-uchi o

spo1905010012-p1.jpg

No dezu-iri before the basho, no jungyo after it, but there may be some shrine or temple that plans a dezu-iri after the basho - we'll see

Those are photos I always wanted to see. Thank you so much for posting them. :-)

21 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Even if Hakuho can't do a dohyo-iri at the basho with 2 attendants from his heya (I think he will at least try to enter and drop out after a few days), he has one with the new tsuna at the heya.

I don't expect to see a video- at least a pic appeared of the dohyo-iri itself

sum19050205030004-p1.jpg

another in pose

PK2019050202100151_size0.jpg

Posted (edited)

Given all the interest in an all-Miyagino-Stable-member dohyoiri, and given the specific kesho mawashi set (with the yume kanji meaning "dream") in the rehearsal photos above, I humbly suggest that this thread be renamed: "Dohyoiri Dream Team". ;-)

Edited by Amamaniac
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 01/05/2019 at 23:24, Akinomaki said:

On 30/04/2019 at 02:13, sekitori said:

For the first and possibly the last time, Hakuho's stablemates, Ishiura and Enho, will be in makunouchi at the same time. If Hakuho was competing, they would be his attendants at the dohyo-iri. Unfortunately, Hakuho will almost certainly go kyujo because of his injured arm. That dohyo-iri would have been wonderful to see but unfortunately, it won't happen. Hopefully, they will both stay in makuouchi for the Nagoya basho. But if they are, it's still not certain that Hakuho will be ready to compete at that time. 

Are there any occasions following the Natsu basho where he can perform the dohyo-iri with both Enho and Ishiura? As I said, it would be very nice to see that ceremony at least once. 

There is a dohyo-iri on schedule, but since Hakuho is kyujo, the NSK announced yesterday that Kakuryu will do it - and Araiso is there for handshakes. For the 9th year in a row to pray for recovery from the 2011 disaster. This year on June 4th in Minami-Sanriku town, Miyagi pref.(where Miyagino-beya is rooted). http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/05/27/0012371265.shtml

Maybe Kakuryu as a nice gesture falls ill just before it and Hakuho replaces him.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

We have the dream dohyo-iri at last - Enho tachi-mochi, Ishiura tsuyau-harai

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

... but not with that beautiful Kesho mawashi set they wore during their photographed May practice session. Maybe later this basho?

Will the attendants sometimes switch positions?

1 hour ago, Benihana said:

Will the attendants sometimes switch positions?

The tachimochi is always on the Yokozuna’s right, and is always the higher ranked of the two, so there wouldn’t be any switching mid-basho. 

12 hours ago, ryafuji said:

The tachimochi is always on the Yokozuna’s right, and is always the higher ranked of the two, so there wouldn’t be any switching mid-basho. 

Not the physical position...the ranking answers my question, didn't know that, thanks.

Did he actually said "My dream is to only to do the dohyo-iri one time with my heya mates"?