Andonishiki

Feginowaka passed away

Posted (edited)

Dietmar Feger (Feginowaka) has passed away, cancer.  He got only 52 years old.

Funeral will be held on Friday, Apr 26th in Schaan, Liechtenstein. 

Sumogames is losing one of its pioneers. He was actively playing over many years in several games with great success.

Fegi has amounted 3 yusho and 8 jun-yusho in GtB, his favorite game. He started in May 2000 and hasnt missed a single time, 112 basho. 

He has sent me his draft for Natsu‘19 a few weeks ago by whatsapp and after consulting with Moti, it will be submitted.

Rest in peace, my dear friend & mentor.

Your spirit will always live in our hearts.

Edited by Andonishiki
  • Like 1
  • Sad 25

Absolutely shocked! Feginowaka gone at 52 from cancer.  I finished my battle with it this month at 69. I'm so fortunate to still be very much alive. Feginowaka was one of the "lucky ones" who got a babe magnet Virginia Beach T-shirt and my wife and I were even more fortunate to get Liechtenstein T-shirts from him. My wife wears hers all summer.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I can sympathize. My best friend died at 47 early last May. I have been completely crushed since. I wish both you and him peace and happiness. May we all find that. My apologies for personalizing your tragedy.

Very, very sad. May he truly rest in peace.  I'm glad he is in for GTB and I will be more than glad to lose to him. God bless his friends and especially his family. 

Posted (edited)

As I hinted in my previous post, this is very sad news. He was always a gentleman. I never got to meet him, but regarded him as a friend. Rest in peace, my friend. 

Edited by Kintamayama

Sorry to hear about Feginowaka dying.....:'-(

Very sad indeed the saddest since Kofuji died mid basho.......:'-(

We should give him the next yusho in GTB in tribute....

Or name the game after him......

Very sad news.

Most of us don’t know each other but with the passing years, we are a kind of family from all over the world with an uncommon passion.

52 is so young to die.  All my thoughts to his family and friends.

Posted (edited)

52 Same age as me.......

Even though I have never had cancer, I know many that have including one of my best friends Mark who is actually 1 year younger than me.......

I also know 3 of my customers have battled cancer,.........Two of them for 10+ years  

The reason I mentioned these 4 people is that they are winning the day so far,so cancer is not a death sentence.....There is hope....

Edited by Fujisan

Dietmar's death came not really as a suruprise to me as he knew of the illnes for years and i contacted him via fb when I did not hear/read from him for a longer period. He knew he lost the fight , but still was full of energy.

When I started in the universe of sumogaming he was my hero. He pointed me towards benchsumo and GTB. 

Personally, I only met him once at the very fist meeting of german sumoforum in Freiburg. He was a sincere guy with a humour of a technician.

That said there are some facts, you might not know about him

He still is/was the national recordholder in liechtenstein for hammer-throw

He represented Liechtenstein at a chess-olympiade

He was a vivid follower of Schwingen (swiss wrestling)

All in all I will miss him.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I am also very sad to hear of the passing of Feginowaka.

In addition to the activities that Gernobono mentions, I think he also represented Liechtenstein at high-jump.

Very sorry to hear such sad news. Not that there's any good age for such things, but 52 is no age at all. My condolences to Dietmar's family and friends.

Guess In Peace, Feginowaka.

• Thanks 1

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:39, Gaijingai said:

Absolutely shocked! Feginowaka gone at 52 from cancer.  I finished my battle with it this month at 69. I'm so fortunate to still be very much alive. Feginowaka was one of the "lucky ones" who got a babe magnet Virginia Beach T-shirt and my wife and I were even more fortunate to get Liechtenstein T-shirts from him. My wife wears hers all summer.

Sorry I missed this Gaijingal.....

Well done mate keep fighting and winning!

I can add you to my list of friends now who are doing well in the cancer war....

So very sad.  

I always considered him my unofficial rival in GTB, as he has one more basho in that game than me.  I had no idea that he was such an accomplished gentleman away from sumo games.  I’ll miss him on the virtual dohyo.   

14 hours ago, Fujisan said:

Sorry I missed this Gaijingal.....

Well done mate keep fighting and winning!

I can add you to my list of friends now who are doing well in the cancer war....

although I am through treatment, I won't know for another two years if I am cancer-free.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:45, Gaijingai said:

although I am through treatment, I won't know for another two years if I am cancer-free.

Yes I know but I didn't want to be negative about it..........

It is an ongoing battle.....

Take  care and stay strong my friend....

Sorry to read this news, I saw Asashosakari's profile blurb and quickly put two and two together. Though I have retired from games, his name was one that was always at the top. 52. Too young.