charliekogure

Silent Violence

I decided to make a post here because some of us from the Philippines were outraged about a rikishi named Roman from Tatsunami Beya when he pointed a knife towards a junior rikishi named Sudo. In fact, a fan who is a lawyer wants to file a criminal case against him for grave threat.

The incident happened last week. And Sudo might quit sumo after this Basho. Since Sudo is our friend, we decided to hide our identity. Thanks for your understanding

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Roman has evidently withdrawn from the tournament. As a first guess, we may assume the NSK has been informed and is trying to keep it quiet for the duration of the basho.

Hello there!

First of all, Sudo is the only person who will able to give a proof about this matter as we advice him to report the incident to his oyakata.

In fact, he only told us thru messenger especially voice call using our native language.

Thanks

Edited by charliekogure

22 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Day 11

Sd92w Roman (2-3, fusen day 9) has withdrawn

12 minutes ago, charliekogure said:

Hello there!

First of all, Sudo is the only person who will able to give a proof about this matter as we advice him to report the incident to his oyakata.

In fact, he only told us thru messenger especially voice call using our native language.

Thanks!

Roman having withdrawn from the basho lends weight to @charliekogure's story. I for one believe him anyway. Why would he make this up?

• Like 2

Let me tell you something!

Bullying is normal in sumo but not like this. Sudo speaks barely Japanese (that caused him more getting bullied) because he grew up in the Philippines under his grandparents's care. When he finished high school, his parents put him into sumo. His elder brother chose that stable.

He wants to work as factory worker or hotelier once he quits.

3 hours ago, charliekogure said:

Let me tell you something!

Bullying is normal in sumo but not like this. Sudo speaks barely Japanese (that caused him more getting bullied) because he grew up in the Philippines under his grandparents's care. When he finished high school, his parents put him into sumo. His elder brother chose that stable.

He wants to work as factory worker or hotelier once he quits.

Poor kid. Being put into sumo seemingly against his will and then being bullied. At least if he does decide to quit he can earn some money and not just his sumo allowance.

Thanks for sharing this information with us.  These kinds of incidents usually go unreported.  As you seem to have a close connection to Filipinos in the sport of sumo, I for one hope that you will continue to share information (hopefully positive) as you learn of it.  But by the looks of things, there is only one Filipino rikishi left on the banzuke...

• Like 2