Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Kensho Haru 2019

Didn't Ichinojo have more sponsors than nearly every other hiramaku for a long time (aside from Endo)

Just now, Tsuchinoninjin said:

Didn't Ichinojo have more sponsors than nearly every other hiramaku for a long time (aside from Endo)

I seem to remember he was pretty popular, even doing commercials. I guess they ran for the hills when he went 6-9 back to back. 

7 hours ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

As he first stormed into makuuchi, he got a sponsor -  kesho mawashi and kensho

On 09/01/2015 at 11:03, Akinomaki said:

Ichinojo for the first time now has his fixed kensho for each day, 30 for the whole basho by Oyatsu(=snack)-Company, the maker of Baby Star Ramen - a noodle snack for kids, for which Ichinojo will make CMs.

but when he didn't fulfill the expectations (of at least being on ozeki runs) - they abandoned him

On 18/03/2018 at 12:27, Akinomaki said:

Ichinojo has no fixed kensho on his bouts anymore - baby star ramen has given up on him

The bout of the 2 top kensho favorites this basho had only 1 less kensho than the 2 yokozuna combined in the last 2 bouts

Day 12

238:    Hakuho
198:    Goeido
176:    Takakeisho
122:    Takayasu
106:    Kakuryu
75:    Mitakeumi
48:    Endo
47:    Kotoshogiku
40:    Ichinojo
35:    Ryuden
  • Like 1

Day 13

282:    Hakuho
204:    Takakeisho
198:    Goeido
118:    Kakuryu
75:    Mitakeumi
58:    Endo
47:    Ichinojo
47:    Kotoshogiku
35:    Ryuden
  • Thanks 1

I have a question, does the source you're using provide the complete list or just the top 10 you're posting ?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rainoyama said:

I have a question, does the source you're using provide the complete list or just the top 10 you're posting ?

Nikkan only posts the top 10 - Sponichi just in the printed/full paper has all data of the day. Nikkan gives a (more or less)  full list on the next Nikkan banzuke

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Nikkan only posts the top 10 - Sponichi just in the printed/full paper has all data of the day. Nikkan gives a (more or less)  full list on the next Nikkan banzuke 

Ok thank you so much !

Day 14

304:    Hakuho
239:    Goeido
204:    Takakeisho
83:    Mitakeumi
71:    Ichinojo
68:    Endo
52:    Kotoshogiku
43:    Ryuden
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

36 in the last bout with the 2 Mongolian yokozuna, 37 for the one with the 2 Japanese ozeki with homeboy Goeido, 33 for Takakeisho.

Day 15

340:    Hakuho
276:    Goeido
237:    Takakeisho
92:    Mitakeumi
78:    Endo
74:    Ichinojo
52:    Kotoshogiku
51:    Ryuden
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 16:32, Akinomaki said:

2073 kensho have been applied for so far - the record for most at a regional basho of 1825 last year Haru is in reach - but that basho actually had 2130 applied for at first.

A new record for most at a regional basho this time -  1938 kensho http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20190324/sum19032416560006-n1.html

why so much less than the 2073 which initially had been applied for remains unexplained - no additional kyujo happened

I was looking at the nikkan banzuke with the figures from last basho and I was wondering how is calculated the 持ち給金. Tochinoshima's number is pretty high but he didn't have any kensho last basho as he was in Juryo, besides I read somewhere that the salary is the same for all regular makuuchi rikishi and gets higher for the sanyaku guys so I guess it's not that either. Can anyone explain to me how it works?

1 hour ago, Rainoyama said:

I was looking at the nikkan banzuke with the figures from last basho and I was wondering how is calculated the 持ち給金. Tochinoshima's number is pretty high but he didn't have any kensho last basho as he was in Juryo, besides I read somewhere that the salary is the same for all regular makuuchi rikishi and gets higher for the sanyaku guys so I guess it's not that either. Can anyone explain to me how it works?

Kensho don't contribute to the mochikyukin number, those are one-time payments only (though part of the withheld amount contributes to their retirement pay).

Wikipedia has a good mochikyukin article if you need an explanation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rainoyama said:

The numbers are outdated, but here's how it works:

http://www.lemondedusumo.com/english/MDS16_wages.php?mag=mds&num=16

And here are the new numbers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fwuzzle23 said:

Kensho don't contribute to the mochikyukin number, those are one-time payments only (though part of the withheld amount contributes to their retirement pay).

Wikipedia has a good mochikyukin article if you need an explanation.

53 minutes ago, Benihana said:

The numbers are outdated, but here's how it works:

http://www.lemondedusumo.com/english/MDS16_wages.php?mag=mds&num=16

And here are the new numbers:

I'm out of likes for today sadly so I'll come back later but thank you so much to you both !

Mochikyukin, aka hoshokin, did not change with the salary raise.  Each point is still worth 4000 yen per basho.  I don't remember the history of the increase of the multiplier (though I think I've seen it somewhere) but I seem to recall it changes in much greater jumps, much less frequently.

The Japanese wikipedia and a few other sites give the following changes:

until 1969: 1000x
until 1984: 1500x
until 1997: 2500x
current: 4000x

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rainoyama said:

The nikkan Banzuke is out, I believe all the numbers are Hatsu + Haru right ?

https://www.nikkansports.com/m/battle/sumo/data/sm-ranking_m.html

Right - Haru is the easiest banzuke: the proper result for Hatsu. For the Haru (and later) results, some arranging is needed to get the difference to last basho and with it the (more or less) full ranking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The full ranking of those now in makuuchi - Yutakayama, Ikioi and Toyonoshima had some

340   Hakuho
276   Goeido
237   Takakeisho
122   Takayasu
118   Kakuryu
92   Mitakeumi
78   Endo
74   Ichinojo
52   Kotoshogiku
51   Ryuden
36   Tochinoshin
34   Abi
31   Daieisho
29   Tamawashi
26   Myogiryu
24   Kagayaki
23   Takarafuji
22   Hokutofuji
21   Chiyotairyu
20   Asanoyama
19   Aoiyama
19   Shohozan
16   Shodai
15   Meisei
14   Chiyoshoma
14   Daishoho
14   Okinoumi
13   Kaisei
13   Onosho
12   Sadanoumi
11   Tomokaze
11   Yoshikaze
10   Yago
7   Ishiura
7   Kotoeko
4   Terutsuyoshi
3   Shimanoumi
2   Chiyomaru
2   Nishikigi
2   Tochiozan
1   Enho
0   Tokushoryu
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've made a PDF file to include the data Akinomaki provided for both Hatsu and Haru. Green mean the number of kensho is up from the previous basho, red means it's down, grey means it's the same. Note:  I've included Takagenji as I've seen him get at least one kensho during one of his bouts up but maybe that number is not correct.

Kensho Haru.pdf

• Thanks 1