Sign in to follow this  
Pandaazuma

Games Talk Haru 2019

4 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Nope. B-)

But I admit, I had Tochinoshin in Toto.

Me too, and in Odd. I really did think he was going to get a narrow win. Tochi looked good against Hakuho, as good as he could, and had a lot to fight for. Kakuryu, just the opposite. 

Shimodahito almost had a reverse GBL in Bench and still managed to win. 

Oracle Day 13:

Remarkable and improbable turnaround for the Panda here. Not going to win it, but what was unthinkable a week ago is now possible - a top-ten finish.

Leader: DeRosa
Gurowake -1
Norizo -4
Pandaazuma -6
Chishafuwaku -7
Choshu-Yuki -10

I'm quite pleased to see that I've got an outside chance of winning Fantasy Sumo, but either way, almost nailed on to get my first ever top ten finish there. Otherwise, not so good, as usual.

26 minutes ago, Suwihuto said:

I'm quite pleased to see that I've got an outside chance of winning Fantasy Sumo, but either way, almost nailed on to get my first ever top ten finish there. Otherwise, not so good, as usual.

I am barely hanging on to tied 10th after being near the top the whole basho. I'd be glad to move up one spot but I have never done well in it so any top ten is a win. Good luck!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rocks said:

I am barely hanging on to tied 10th after being near the top the whole basho. I'd be glad to move up one spot but I have never done well in it so any top ten is a win. Good luck!

Thanks, it's been one of those rare tournaments where I started in the middle and have continued to climb to almost the top.

21 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Oracle Day 13:

Remarkable and improbable turnaround for the Panda here. Not going to win it, but what was unthinkable a week ago is now possible - a top-ten finish.

Leader: DeRosa
Gurowake -1
Norizo -4
Pandaazuma -6
Chishafuwaku -7
Choshu-Yuki -10

Would it be possible for you to add to these a "bot" that picks Y = 10, O = 9, S = 8, K = 7, M1-M3 = 6, M4 = 7, M5-J14E = 8, M5-J14W = 7? 

6 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

Would it be possible for you to add to these a "bot" that picks Y = 10, O = 9, S = 8, K = 7, M1-M3 = 6, M4 = 7, M5-J14E = 8, M5-J14W = 7? 

Not a bad idea. Will do that from next basho. And I shall name him 'Meta Jejima'. ;)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Not a bad idea. Will do that from next basho. And I shall name him 'Meta Jejima'. ;)

MechaJejima would be better. (Laughing...)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rocks said:

MechaJejima would be better. (Laughing...)

Indeed.

3 hours ago, Gurowake said:

I guess Y=10 is too low, make that 11 or 12. Anyway, this bot will end dead last...

Ganzohnesushi

Well, I didn't bother to figure it out before hand as there is no way I am going to Top 10 but I'm plus 1 after Juryo in Oracle. 

Gurowake is -3 or -4 after Juryo. 

Edited by Rocks

11 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Gurowake is -3 or -4 after Juryo. 

I had 6 matches where the result mattered and got only 1.  What that's worth depends on how you're counting, particularly if you're comparing it to someone else that might have had made the same choices or just raw score.

Edited by Gurowake

37 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

I had 6 matches where the result mattered and got only 1.  What that's worth depends on how you're counting.

I count whether you lost or gained a point in each match. Some matches you gain or lose no matter who wins. Others you gain or lose depending on the winner. If you only got 1 of 5 in the either ors  that's -5 and then you have to check what the other matches got you.

For instance. I gain 6 points from the  first 7 matches in makuuchi and lose  1 point, no matter who wins. So up through there I am Plus 6 with the Plus 1 from juryo. Ishiura -Takarafuji is the first match I can either gain or lose 1. 

I just did the rest. I am Plus 5 in makuuchi with the already decided matches for me with 5 in which I can gain or lose. 

So, if everything goes my way then I am +11 for the night and finish with 576. If they all go against me then I finish plus 1 at 566.

So my range is 566 to 576. 

Also, this is just a rough estimate as I didn't go lone by line but I don't think Derosa has any shot at the yusho. 

Edited by Rocks

Okay, things went well for me. I only have 1 more match which I can gain or lose leaving me either + 8 or + 6. So either 573 or 571. 

No way! No way! There is no way I won the friggin' Oracle Yusho! Are you kidding me?

Congrats to Haidouzo on all the yushos and the Green Mawashi! Awesome basho. 

• Thanks 1

@Haidouzo is going to smash the Masters record I set last basho. I can't find him on the Rotosumo standings but he would no doubt have figured highly there too, so that's a real waste - if he had entered that he would probably be 120+ - a score that would likely never be beaten. Just goes to show that if you get pre-basho right, it can be huge - especially when your major picks are not that popular. He bet strongly pre-basho on Aoiyama, Ichinojo and Kotoshogiku and they all massively overperformed.

Makes up for losing the Baka Cup, eh, Scott?? ;) Well done indeed!

• Thanks 1

Not for nothing. But if @Jejima had put the Kakuryu and Hakuho  at 10 he would have finished tied 5th.

3 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

@Haidouzo is going to smash the Masters record I set last basho. I can't find him on the Rotosumo standings but he would no doubt have figured highly there too, so that's a real waste - if he had entered that he would probably be 120+ - a score that would likely never be beaten. Just goes to show that if you get pre-basho right, it can be huge - especially when your major picks are not that popular. He bet strongly pre-basho on Aoiyama, Ichinojo and Kotoshogiku and they all massively overperformed.

Makes up for losing the Baka Cup, eh, Scott?? ;) Well done indeed!

Yes, I was looking for my entry and couldn't find it.  I either managed to just overlook the game or forgot to confirm my entry.  Much sadness.

...but not THAT much. :)

And heck--what if UDH had run?

And I'm actually counting very nearly 120 already, assuming I hold steady in Hoshitori (4th) and Salarycap.(yusho).  (Work shown in Mukade thread.)

Edited by Haidouzo
Moar thoughts
  • Thanks 1

8-7 finish in most of the pre-basho games, the dailies really went off the rails this basho.

Super bad especially in Toto, where I went 0-9 when using the algo and 5-0 just picking from my phone as fast as I could without thinking...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Haidouzo said:

And heck--what if UDH had run?

I wish it had. I think I had a Top 10 at least there.

I just hope I hold in the Top 10 in SCS.  Pretty sure everyone at Top had Hakuho at 10 and Ichinojo in their lineup. I think I may have had Ichinojo 1 or 2 spots lower than most. Takayasu falling apart at the end really hurt me there.

Edited by Rocks

1 hour ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

8-7 finish in most of the pre-basho games, the dailies really went off the rails this basho.

Super bad especially in Toto, where I went 0-9 when using the algo and 5-0 just picking from my phone as fast as I could without thinking...

Toto was insane this basho. Scoring 21-23 each day it seemed and some days at the Top the next not even a win. Really bummed about a MK after coming all the way back to 7-7 after starting 0-4. 

Really happy about SG and Bench with 10  and 11 wins after starting poor there too though.

Edited by Rocks

If I haven't made any mistake in calculating, my score is 54,11 including 1 Yusho, 1 Jun-Yusho and 8 Top 10 finishes.

Ganzohnesushi