Sign in to follow this  
Tamanaogijima

UDH Haru Basho 2019 -- skipped due to technical problems

Hello gamers,

the UDH entry form is ready now and waiting for your selections. Rules in a (very small) nutshell: Guess the thirteen makuuchi rikishi you expect to have the fewest wins this basho.

You may submit your entry at http://udh.seisa.de/udh_index.html.

Once you have selected your team, please root for them as much as you can. The game was not intended to honor any failure, but to stimulate interest in the less successful rikishi.

The deadline for your entries will be the first day of the basho (Sunday, March 10th) at 12pm Japanese Time.

Good luck!

Link to the latest available standings >>> http://udh.seisa.de/udh_stand.html

Folks, I'll make it short:

The UDH will NOT take place this basho due to severe technical problems.

Long version:

You may remember that my entry form started to drop entries last basho, classifying them as spam right at sendin. It have only been 3 drops, but those were 3 too much. After some thinking I thought that I had found the reason and also a quick workaround for the problem. Tests proved me right. Foolish, foolish me... After 3/60 drops in Hatsu (5%) it have been almost 20/60 (33%) this time! (The former "little problem" transformed into a complete mystery with that.)

It is impossible to collect all of the missing confirmation mails -- if they have been sent out at all -- or even just enough of them to make it a viable game.

So after skipping Haru 2011 because of bad gambling we have to skip Haru 2019 again because of bad gaming.

I am very sorry for this.

Later I might PM some of you for some kind of error interview. Hopefully this will solve the mystery.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

This is too bad. I have to say I have never gotten a confirmation email even though my entries went through every time before. 

Sorry to hear of these problems. I hope you can solve them without too much trouble. Thanks for all the effort you put into the game.

While it's disappointing UDH won't run this basho, it's so much better to cancel and fix things than push onward through the mess. Here's hoping UDH will be back better than ever next basho. (Noddingyes...)

Yes, get it fixed properly.

Anyone care to track their own results here with me?

[Of course... it appears I would have had a good basho.]  I would have scored 36 points on day 1.  Day 4 total of 113.

6 hours ago, Toratorii said:

Yes, get it fixed properly.

Anyone care to track their own results here with me?

[Of course... it appears I would have had a good basho.]  I would have scored 36 points on day 1.  Day 4 total of 113.

I can't as I didn't write it down. I know I had Terutsuyoshi as 6 along with the M2s and M3s near the top. So I would have been doing okay so far.

Well its good luck for me......

My picks included Hakuho and Kakuryu.......

I was counting on early exits for them........