Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Takakeishou injured

Takakeishou injured the sole of his right foot on the last day of Hatsu and has some internal bleeding , said his Oyakata today. Regarding his participation in the various one day tournaments and festivities and training slated to happen in February, the Oyakata said they will be going to the hospital to see what's what. "I don't want him to do anything unreasonable.." said Chiganoura Oyakata.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Internal bleeding from an injury to the sole of the foot seems both extremely unpleasant and difficult to achieve. 

1 hour ago, Atenzan said:

Internal bleeding from an injury to the sole of the foot seems both extremely unpleasant and difficult to achieve. 

It might be just a bad bruise. 

1 minute ago, Kamitsuumi said:

It might be just a bad bruise. 

Yup, I was just thinking haematoma.

'Internal bleeding' may well be a perfectly valid translation, but does come across as a lot worse than 'bruise'.

A bruise is a type of internal bleeding, or is it? Just not what we generally mean when using the term. Whatever it is, I appreciate the way Chiganoura Oyakata is going about it. 

Edited by Thorbjarn

19 hours ago, Akōgyokuseki said:

My dictionary says 'internal bleeding'....so there it is..., nuff' said ;-)(Laughing...)

Screenshot_20190131-164947.png

Exactly the same in Chinese

If the injury is not severe but give him rest against "various one day tournaments and festivities," this may be a blessing in disguise.   Might as well come back well rested for another yusho run.  

Takakeishou will participate in the February tournaments, said his Oyakata today. "I have mostly gotten over the injury. I want to be able to start doing keiko as quickly as possible,"said Takakeishou himself.,

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2