Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

GTB March to your room with no dinner, Mr! 2019+ results!!

DRRRing.

Hak: "Yes?"

Kak: "My that was fast, it hardly rang!!"

Hak: "Did you see what the YDC kakkers had to say about us?"

Kak: "Did they at least get our names right?"

H: "Screw that! They dared to hint that our injuries were not real and that we didn't want to lose anymore and that our power was decreasing!! And that Kisenosato was quote a splendid Yokozuna unquote. The sheer nerve!!"

K: "What do you expect from Karate Kid's mentor Mr. Miyagi? BTW, how's the toe?"

H: "The what?"

K: "Or is it the knee? Ankle? Elbow? Ingrown toenail? "

H: "It hurts and I'm not sleeping. Don't you watch the news? And your ankle? Knee? Thigh? Earlobe?"

K: "I shall gambarize. How about that Batjargal, huh?"

H:"Who? Batman?"

K:"OK, Tamawashi. "

H: "While the cat's away.. If I were sleeping adequately, he would never have beaten me. He's been sending me a lot of cookies lately. "

K: "I think he deserves it. He's never missed a day of sumo, you know."

H: "I also never missed a day of sumo till a few years back when I became sleep-deprived. I just hope that after the next time he faces me he will be able to continue doing sumo.."

K: "And Takakeishou.."

H: "Don't mention a rope in the house of a hangman.."

K: "Oh..  A saying.. I'll have to think about that."

H: "Now go see if I'm in the other room. I'm going back to sleep."

K: "But I thought you said y.."

Click.

We all know by now that this is an invitation to play GTB (Guess the Banzuke), the only sumo game played between basho come what March. Or July. Or November. Rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for producing a health certificate, needing two weeks of rest. Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be important.  The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied , we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. It's going to be your fault if you don't notice that your entry went missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted.

For rules, standings and getting used to losing:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form:
http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx

For the "new" archives:
http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

Free online live sumo for foreign sumo fans as well!!
http://inyourdreams-suckers.tv

Deadline- Monday, February 18th, 2018  at 18:00 GMT ("Great matches, Tamawashi!!"") - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Special thanks to Andoreasu who runs it, Doitsuyama who automates and maintains it  and to the YDC for delivering the comic relief.  

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

I just tried to finish my first draft. Can I have kosho, please? I might not sleep all that well, too, otherwise...

• Haha 1

Hakuho is right. The YDC has a lot of nerve.  Personally I always believe star athletes when they talk about their injuries:

Except for the top ten places, I don't feel all too comfortable with much of anything in my guess.  Usually I feel somewhat like I think I have the right answer, even though I never do perfectly; this time, I wouldn't be surprised with getting pretty much everything wrong.

29 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

This time, I wouldn't be surprised with getting pretty much everything wrong.

Don't worry. The NSK will get pretty much everything wrong as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I actually ended up building my first draft upwards from M11, which is something I've only had to do a few times with particularly tricky game banzuke, but never the real thing before...

I like this kind of banzuke, lots of possibilities so maybe I can get lucky again (if I remember the deadline). 

With all this woe, I feel like I actually need to look at it this evening, instead of waiting.

This was seriously one of the most difficult ones I've had to guess. I'll be happy if I can get 10 guesses correct from the hiramaku ranks this time around.

A week to go. 38 entries. Very weak. Looks like we have a few new players, which is always good. A week is very close. Enter now. Thank you.

42... Douglas Adams would be proud: My entry probably makes as much sense as  the answer to all questions ;-) 
Well... Sorry for the inconvenience !

• Like 2

On 12/02/2019 at 03:14, Kintamayama said:

A week to go. 38 entries. Very weak. Looks like we have a few new players, which is always good. A week is very close. Enter now. Thank you.

On the way. Hopefully by tonight.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rocks said:

On the way. Hopefully by tonight.

I am sure you'll gambarize!

For this Basho there should be no Kosho/Kyujo allowed as it was extremely strenuous for the mental health of everyone trying to come up with a reasonable guess ;-)

Edited by RaeucherLax
I am just slow....
  • Like 1

Well, I'm in. What a friggin' nightmare. I've had root canals more enjoyable than that.  Definitely feast or famine. I think whoever wins this will be the one person who got lucky and beat everyone by 10 points at least or nobody gets lucky and something in the 50s wins. One thing for sure is we are going to be seeing some very low scores this basho. I just hope mine isn't one of them. 

My entry was 75 with an hour to go. 

Edited by Rocks
  • Like 1