Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

GTB March to your room with no dinner, Mr! 2019+ results!!

57 for me I think. I'm hoping thats a solid KK! 

58 here, no thanks to a mostly wrong joi and bottom zone. Saved by M5-M13 where I've miraculously got 32 out of 36 points.

Edit: lksumo at Tachiai has 59, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Asashosakari

March 2019 is done. Yusho goes to Chiyonosawa (2nd time), who also climbs to the number 1 spot on the GTB top ten.  Wins it with a healthy 6 point margin. 5 new players, one of them, Hasshiro, gets a 13-2 fifth place.

Milestones:

Tamanaogijima-110th basho(!!!!!)

Andoreasu- 100th basho (!!!)

Susanoo-90th basho

Kamogawa- 30th basho

Korinokoishi- 20th basho

Nantonoyama - 20th basho

Thanks for playing- to see how you did, go here. Thanks as usual to Andoreasu and Doitsuyama for doing everything.

And now, on with the Ba-show!!

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to Chiyonosawa ! As I feared I did terrible. I think I got a 33. But looking at this banzuke that was pretty much inevitable.  I can't really do this game without trying to apply some type of equity to the rankings based on performance and it's clear they couldn't give a crap about that this time. Picking veterans who are going to get the breaks isn't really a game as far as I'm concerned. Dig deep in this banzuke and it looks like a lot of favoritism to me. Having Myogiryu, with 1 less win against and an easier schedule ending up 2 ranks above M1s Tochiozan and Ichinojo simply because he was Komosubi? Ludicrous. 

On 19/02/2019 at 11:12, Asashosakari said:

I wouldn't do M2w Myogiryu / M3e Nishikigi or Tochiozan.

Go figure.

My second attempt was clearly a lot better than my first. I'm glad I re-did it. Congratulations to Chiyonosawa for the Yusho and the impressive 6 point gap to 2nd place.

Hats off to Chiyonosawa. 72 on that banzuke is phenomenal.

9-6 and 51 is a bit meh but to be honest I am pretty relieved...could have easily been 6-9. Was pretty much 50/50 throughout the three Maegashira sections. Hoping for less of a lottery puzzle next time.

Wow - Chiyonosawa even got Asanoyama right, amazing! And it's no small consolation for me that (s)he had also put Daishoho above Toyonoshima.

5 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Wow - Chiyonosawa even got Asanoyama right, amazing!

Well, I also had Asanoyama correct... But unfortunately there were too many other wrong predictions to achieve a better result.

Ganzohnesushi

Whew yep that was pretty bad.

Congrats to chiyonosawa for figuring out that madness!

Also 32 here.

At least I didn't finish last, so that's something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thelone said:

Also 32 here.

At least I didn't finish last, so that's something.

Good for you and I never either .........

Despite shooting myself in the foot.....

7-8----- Could be worse

Posted (edited)

Just a single exchange for the top ten ranks again this basho. Feginowaka drops out after a seven-basho stint, and is replaced by top ten debutant Sakura, competing in her 15th basho. She's the first newcomer to the green ranks since Tsuchinoninjin back in 2017 Aki, and the 102nd overall.

Yusho-winner Chiyonosawa reclaims the #1 rank for the first time since 2016 Natsu and is the fifth different leader in the last five basho*. He also records 35 bullseye scores for the third time - no other player has even done it twice.

* Last time I wrote about the top spot changing hands in four consecutive basho, but somehow I overlooked that it was actually five in a row last time - from 2017 Natsu to 2018 Hatsu the #1 rank was held in turn by Feginowaka, Pandaazuma, Susanoo, Okisuruga and Chishafuwaku. Sorry for missing that.

Asashosakari is the 7th player to collect 5,000 career points, and the fastest to do so, taking 93 basho.

Edited by Yubinhaad
  • Like 1