Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

YDC convenes-Hatsu 2019

Whetever the guy thinks about events of the past, the only question linked to sumo is: to what extent can his opinions create a bias on the assessment of Hakuho's injury. I think they do not. Everything else it is off-topic

6 minutes ago, yorikiried by fate said:

I'm not sure that I can follow you. There are people who deny that (roughly; I won't research now) the century between 800 and 900 didn't happen and try to base it on carbon dating methods and shit. Sure, it's mental, but in what sense should total denial of established common knowledge not be an opinion? Which word works for you? Proposition?

Your original choice of ‘delusion’ works just fine, though if you want a more neutral word choice then I suppose ... ‘theory’?

Something which is a fact can’t be an opinion. Those two things are opposite. There is no position on the temperature at which water boils and there is no position on the Holocaust.

Edited by Eikokurai

2 minutes ago, Nantonoyama said:

Whetever the guy thinks about events of the past, the only question linked to sumo is: to what extent can his opinions create a bias on the assessment of Hakuho's injury. I think they do not. Everything else it is off-topic

The thread topic is the YDC convening after Hatsu and that got forgotten about long before this Takasu stuff came up.

1 minute ago, yorikiried by fate said:

Group hug and on we waltz.

Okay, but you’ll have to lead. I’ve got two left feet.

12 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

Okay, but you’ll have to lead. I’ve got two left feet.

Lucky me. I have two feet left.

• Haha 1

On 28/01/2019 at 17:35, Atenzan said:

That would be his Western-form name. It's 矢野・弘典  ( やのう・ひろのり)

It seems I got it right the first time. It's やの ひろのり so it's Hironori Yano.

Please don't forget that discussion of religion and politics are strongly discouraged according to the forum guidelines. Even where people strongly agree with each other, there is always scope for things becoming heated and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

That's why I asked who he was. Never heard of him. I saw him being mentioned here, I had no idea. Now, for something weird. Really weird. He studied at Showa University. Showa in Hebrew means.. Holocaust.

Well played, Sir, well played :-)

Edited by Gospodin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

That's why I asked who he was. Never heard of him. I saw him being mentioned here, I had no idea. Now, for something weird. Really weird. He studied at Showa University. Showa in Hebrew means.. Holocaust.

So, wait a minute ... are you saying that ... this guy ... denied that ... Hirohito was emperor?