Sign in to follow this  
amgaa99

Asashoroyu lost again

Now I don't believe his 5th straight yusho. He is not winner in this bashyo. Unfortunately.

So who is winner? I think, Hakuho.

Because he has the same 3-2 record as Asashoryu?

It had to happen but he will be back,next basho at the latest.

What concerns me is whether he will go Fusen or not and his frame of mind for the Mongolian vs Mongolian tomorrow-

The omens of history are bad ones! :'-( (In a bad mood...) (Depressed...)

I hate being nasty (Raging at computer...) but these are good days to be not-fan of Asashoryu... and both yokozuna-like Nada's and reliable Iwaki's fan (Typing at computer...) . I'm sorry to have missed both bouts on stream. (Going kyujo...)

Kyokushuzan, ganbare! Yusho is yours for the taking! (In a state of confusion...)

I wouldn't write Asa off just yet. we have only had one third of the basho and he has come back from not looking like winning to get the yusho. Remember the kettei-sen win earlier this year?

I wouldn't write Asa off just yet. we have only had one third of the basho and he has come back from not looking like winning to get the yusho. Remember the kettei-sen win earlier this year?

Yes, I remember that and therefore I won't write Asashoryu off. Still, even then he was 5-0 after five days, and second loss was in last five days. So 3-2 really looks bad.

Since he became yokozuna Asashoryu hadn't had many two-loss streaks:

Haru 2003, losses on days 14-15 to Kaio and Chiyotaikai from 10-3 to 10-5, giving up yusho to Chiyotaikai.

Nagoya 2003, losses on days 8-9 to Takamisakari and Tamanoshima, from 5-2 to 5-4, going kyujo, after a bizarre basho with one controversial early loss to Kotonowaka and one hansoku loss to Kyokushuzan.

Aki 2003, losses on days 12-13 to Wakanosato and Tochiazuma, from 11-0 to 11-2, eventually securing yusho after beating Chiyotaikai and Kaio on last two days.

Nagoya 2004, losses on days 11-12 to Tochiazuma and Wakanosato, from 10-0 to 10-2, eventually securing yusho after winning last three matches.

And now.

So, it's still not a sign of collapse, I think. However, it is worrysome that it's this early in the basho, and to maegashira opponents. What helps him is that his main foes Kaio and Taikai are just one win ahead.

Asashoryu has shown capable of doing amazing winning streaks. After those two zensho in a row, I think there's no need to prove that he can come back and win this thing convincingly, even with 13-2. But 10-5 won't surprise me also, and neither will kyujo, if he gets on a bad streak. Yokozuna are allowed to do that and sometimes should do that.

Hakuho, on the other hand, won't win yusho this time.

Hakuho is still far away being a yusho contender. He is just learning some lessons in this basho.

Very challenging time for Asashoryu to prove his mental toughness.

He tends to loose easely after the loss,it seems.

I also think it's concerning that Asa lost to two Maegashira in a row but in this tournament there seems to be no one who will take the yusho with 14 or 13 wins and Asa knows this. He won't give up, he can win this championship even with a 12-3.

Edited by Araiwa

Actually, this may be the newlywed curse rearing its ugly head. many rikishi have gone into short - or sometimes not so short - slumps after getting married. granted, he has technically been married for a while now, but it was only recently that they did the formalities. and said formalities took up an awful lot of his time between Nagoya and Aki. i think he himself commented after his third win that he had figured he had at least enough juice in him for three wins. maybe he was right - three wins, and now the lack of practice is catching up with him. he can still win the yusho, but with his toughest matches ahead of him, i wouldn't put any money on him; it's wide open now.

but he'll come roaring back in Kyushu, i expect....

No need to shout Nishinoshima, is your caps locks broken again (This is no good...)

Well. After what happened today, I'm begining to think: mmmhh, your prediction doesn't sound so unlikely now. I'll would still hesitate to put my money on Hakuho, but I think this basho is very very wide open now, as it hasn't be since very long.

nope.

is that cos you are the only person i have managed to beat in BS so far?

:-P :-P :-P

Man I getting spanked in Bench sumo, like Otsukasa is in the real one! about the only one wha hasnt beaten me was the little Japanese chap form this forum - Noritama. (couldnt let a schoolboy beat me :-D )

Maybe it's time again that Japanese sumo wrestlers takes his rightful place as a basho winner?!

Rightful? What is rightful about that? Hmm, possibly Satoyama (Japanese) should rightfully win the Jonidan playoff against Baruto (Estonia)? Or?

Rightful? What is rightful about that? Hmm, possibly Satoyama (Japanese) should rightfully win the Jonidan playoff against Baruto (Estonia)? Or?

Yes indeed!!It's about time these heathen foreigners should get their punishment. They don't even do the rituals correctly!!

Baaaah.. :-D

Asa lost his 4th bout to Wakanosato! Suprising downfall?!

Leaderboard is now like that!

Kaio 11-2 with sole lead

Wakanosato 10-3, Tochinonada 10-3, Roho 10-3, Kyokushuzan 10-3 (4 rikishis with 3 losses)

Asashoryu 9-4, Dejima 9-4, Kotonowaka 9-4 (3 rikishis with 4 losses)

Kakizoe 8-5 with 5 losses behind them all

Put as thinking or what?! (Punk rocker...)

Yes indeed!!It's about time these heathen foreigners should get their punishment. They don't even do the rituals correctly!!

Baaaah.. (Whistling...)

I cannot agree with you folks more!

Asa has lost now a 3 in a row !!!!! Bad week for yokozuna, eh?!

Intresting does he have will to take at least his last bout against possible jusho winner Kaio or will he raise his loss record to 6?

Edited by Senpai

Maybe it's time again that Japanese sumo wrestlers takes his rightful place as a basho winner?!

I take rightful here to mean that no Japanese rikishi has won the yusho in Makuuchi since last Kyushu Tochiazuma did it. Now, let's not get insulted as foreigners, but it is fair, if not rightful, that a Japanese rikishi wins it from time to time. Maybe once an year...Just to keep the Japanese interested in sumo... (Applauding...)

Asa lost the last bout too to Kaio who won his yusho on last day when Tochinonada lost to Kotonowaka.

With 9-6 record it surely must be Asas worst week on dohyo?!