Sign in to follow this  
since_94

Yokozuna TAIHO Celebrated Corner Exhibit

Sumo enthusiasts in Tokyo might like to know that the Fukagawa Edo Museum has what they call the Yokozuna TAIHO Celebrated (sic) Corner Exhibit going on right now. It's in the lobby, so no need to pay admission. Very interesting, a looping documentary vid, numerous authentic artifacts including his topknot, sword, kensho mawashi etc. I don't know if the exhibition is permanent---I suspect the opposite, actually, but it is well worth checking out if you're in the area near the museum of modern art (which is closed, incidentally, for reno, at time of writing)

Japan, 〒135-0021 Tōkyō-to, Kōtō-ku, Shirakawa, 1 Chome−3, 江東区白河1丁目3−28

https://www.kcf.or.jp/fukagawa/

Edited by since_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 21/01/2019 at 23:27, since_94 said:

the Yokozuna TAIHO Celebrated (sic) Corner Exhibit going on right now. It's in the lobby, so no need to pay admission. Very interesting, a looping documentary vid, numerous authentic artifacts including his topknot, sword, kensho mawashi etc. I don't know if the exhibition is permanent---I suspect the opposite,

The corner honoring yokozuna Taiho has several extra exhibitions, recent ones till the 4th and 6th this month, but the corner itself has just celebrated 5 years since being established and will likely go on for a long while.

20180925yokozuna6all.jpg

PK2019092502100071_size0.jpgo

taiho_legacy.jpgo

• Like 1