Asojima

Hatsu Basho 2019 Discussion [SPOILERS]

If Jokoryu were to retire, he'll have limited options of kabu to choose from, since the available numbers went from 6 to 4. If Aminishiki were to hang it up, it would go down to 3.

Hakuhō out?!? I wasn’t expecting that… I assume his big toe is still annoying him? I’m sad.

Mitakeumi is a complete idiot if he’s not pulling out.

It has been mentioned a little but not much, Takakeishō is suddenly a beast after transferring heya. Anyone know why? Maybe different training, diet or something? Has the new heya improved him, or is it just coincidence?

Tamawashi looked like an ōzeki a while back and he seems back to form this basho. Regardless of who takes the yūshō between him and Takakeishō, I’m not complaining.

19 minutes ago, dcisneros said:

Is Hakuho out? OMG

Yes, announced kyujo. You could feel this place deflate from within.

12 minutes ago, since_94 said:

Yes, announced kyujo. You could feel this place deflate from within.

Nope.  Didn't feel that.  Surprised, yes.

Tertutsuyoshi's grin after losing to henka'ng Enho was classic.

Yago continues his poor sumo after going 7-1.  Lucky he faced equally fading Onosho yesterday.   Today, he was bulldozed by Kaisei, way too easily.

Edited by robnplunder

So, I've got this huge dilemma. Away from the TV today so it's Abema and endless ads, or mbovo and the atrocious DS. (Thinkingindepth...)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

What is Mitakeumi doing turning up today? He has nothing to fight for. His KK is secured and either there's no room for promotion or there is and it's his anyway.

Hak was wiser to go kyujo.   Mita should learn from Hak on that.

4 minutes ago, Otokonoyama said:

So, I've got this huge dilemma. Away from the TV today so it's Abema and endless ads, or mbovo and the atrocious DS. (Thinkingindepth...)

He is definitely my least favourite of all NHK English language commentators.

Just now, Sakura said:

He is definitely my least favourite of all NHK English language commentators.

Yes, Takasu Clinic.

Time for that walking CTE case that is Yoshikaze to hang up the mawashi and do the elder thing. Does he have a kabu, or does he have to compete for the fast disappearing few titles around?

Just now, Otokonoyama said:

Time for that walking CTE case that is Yoshikaze to hang up the mawashi and do the elder thing. Does he have a kabu, or does he have to compete for the fast disappearing few titles around?

He has a kabu. According to the database (which really needs updating with regards to kabu) he has Nakamura, currently being borrowed by ex-Sadanofuji

Just now, Sakura said:

He has a kabu. According to the database (which really needs updating with regards to kabu) he has Nakamura, currently being borrowed by ex-Sadanofuji

He should avail himself of the opportunity to retire ASAP. He looks more and more punch drunk each basho. お疲れ様でした。

• Like 1

Well, if the Day 15 schedule they've put online is accurate, the shimpan group has made the executive decision to have Takakeisho-Goeido as the musubi no ichiban instead of Takayasu-Kaisei...

I'm getting too old to stay up this late (though I'm still younger than Takekaze). I'm just waiting around for the torikumi to come to the database so that I can make the Day 15 entry form for my game. But, I'm going to have to mute the mbovo stream. I can't take it any more.

• Haha 1

What a funny moment in the commentary booth. Terao thought they were not on TV and he took his time answering a question, leading to funny glances from the blow by blow guy and Maruyama Karina (guest commentator). He finally realized they were on TV and he goes: "Are we on TV already?" = Laughter in the studio.

18 minutes ago, Otokonoyama said:

He should avail himself of the opportunity to retire ASAP. He looks more and more punch drunk each basho. お疲れ様でした。

Agreed but it will probably take a major injury to force intai.   Quitting a career is hard no matter what profession.

I think if Abi builds up some strength, he may be a joi/sanyuku regular.  

Wow, that was a close win by Hokutofuji.    With help from others, he may get a Komusubi spot.  

Edited by robnplunder

I am sick and tired of Abema TV keep showing Takeisho's sitting routine.   Enough already!

Ichinosho folded like an accordion against Onosho.   (Shakinghead...)

Just now, robnplunder said:

I am sick and tired of Abema TV keep showing Takeisho's sitting routine.   Enough already!

Ichinosho folded like an accordion against Onosho.   (Shakinghead...)

With his short little arms, he'll always have to flop and won't ever be able to develop another bashobuton routine.