Asojima

Hatsu Basho 2019 Discussion [SPOILERS]

1 minute ago, Jabbamaru said:

Nice mata call Yoshi!

Not enough to save Yoshikaze.   It looks like he is going to repeat his 2-13 effort of two basho ago.  Another aging rikishi on his way down. 

23 minutes ago, robnplunder said:

Not enough to save Yoshikaze.   It looks like he is going to repeat his 2-13 effort of two basho ago.  Another aging rikishi on his way down. 

It was three basho ago, but yeah. Interestingly it was at the exact same rank: Maegashira 5 West.

• Like 2

Ichinojo should have just stayed in the locker room for all the effort he made. Nice KK for Mitakeumi though.

Edited by Rocks

After today's win against Ichinojo, I think Mita can now go kyujo.   No need for him to risk additional injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robnplunder said:

After today's win against Ichinojo, I think Mita can now go kyujo.   No need for him to risk additional injury.

He will definitely go back out. He's still limping. 

• Haha 1

Both remaining Ozeki have (somehow) turned things around and moved within sight of their kachikoshi. 

Takakeisho!!!!!

Edited by Eikokurai

Yeah, I didn't expect much out of Takayasu after Mitekeumi won. He'll get his KK with the freebie tomorrow anyway. 

Would Mitakeumi still be eligible for the shukunsho if he drops out tomorrow?

Holy cow. Hakuho went down like a rank and filer.

1 minute ago, Jakusotsu said:

Would Mitakeumi still be eligible for the shukunsho if he drops out tomorrow?

With Hakuho dropping another bout I can't see Mitakeumi getting it anyway.

Oh yeah!!! Takakeisho no kachi!!!

hopefully we gonna be hearing that for the next 15 years 

Edited by Midoriyama

1 minute ago, Rocks said:

Holy cow. Hakuho went down like a rank and filer.

He has to be injured. I know he's not the man he used to be, but successive defeats usually points to him being hurt in some way. 

1 minute ago, Eikokurai said:

Yup. Should have waited two minutes before posting.

Yes !!! Ozeki in the bag...wow !

On 17/01/2019 at 11:30, Dapeng said:

Actually Nishiki's one foot was already below the level of dohyo (although not touching clay) while Haku's body was horizontal but air-born above the level of dohyo without touching 

2 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

But he did beat Tamawashi and Takakeisho who are potential yusho-winners. Though, they'd probably get the shukun if they won the yusho.

He has to be injured. I know he's not the man he used to be, but successive defeats usually points to him being hurt in some way. 

Could be. All I know is say hello to Ozeki Takakeisho. Even 10 wins should get him the promotion with him beating Hakuho. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sakura said:

But he did beat Tamawashi and Takakeisho who are potential yusho-winners. Though, they'd probably get the shukun if they won the yusho.

That's true, I was forgetting that. Not sure a komusubi with an 8-7 really deserves a prize for beating other sanyaku though, even if they do win the yusho. But what do I know? These prize allocations often make no sense to me.

Edited by Eikokurai

2 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Could be. All I know is say hello to Ozeki Takakeisho. Even 10 wins should get him the promotion with him beating Hakuho. 

Agree with that but he should secure 11th easily. Can´t see him lose to both Okinoumi and Goeido 

Well, well, well! How interesting. Takakeisho really coming into his own, and at such a young age, too. That's exciting.

And Mitakeumi I hope will take the rest of the basho off. Not that these guys are great about taking care of their injuries...

That's true, I was forgetting that. Not sure a komusubi with an 8-7 really deserves a prize for beating other sanyaku though, even if they do win the yusho. But what do I know? These prize allocations often make no sense to me.

I think Mita deserves it.   He came back from kyujo and got KK while still apparently being injured.   I'd give it to him :-).

It is up to Tamawashi to get the yusho.   It is entirely in his hands.

Well, every basho is a bit wacky but this tops all the basho in the last few years.  

If Mita didn't get injured, he'd gotten the yusho easily IMO.   I look forward to his next basho.

• Like 1

At least I was right about one thing concerning Takakeishou-he won't make it to Ozeki in ten bashos.. I have found a hat. A photo of me eating it will be posted at the end of the basho. A bad makekoshi indeed. I'm going to crawl off into a corner and watch Narcos.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1