Philioyamfugi

Are you ready for some sumo !!? Predictions

Recommended Posts

Just for fun. The way you would like the outcome to be. Or what's likely to be, or just pure fantasy about your favorite rikishi.

Toyonoshima seams  to like the 15day schedule and will be in the juryo  yusho race. 

My boy Kagayaki will kk and get back to single digit maigashira ranks.

Daimami better kk  at M16 :/

Kakaryu is my favorite to win it all.

Goeido will finally have a good start and be in the race till day 10.

Kotoshugiku will get another Kimboshi against Kisenosato 

 

More to come...........

 

 

 

 

Edited by Philioyamfugi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In ascending divisional order and remembering that this is a fantasy prediction...

Hattorizakura gets a win and retires, says "I have achieved everything I want to in sumo"

Terunofuji goes 7-0 and the comeback begins.

The rise of Tsukahara continues in makushita.

Tomokaze goes 15-0 to win juryo again and clinch promotion. 

Tochinoshin wins the big cup in a three way play-off against Onosho and Takakeisho. Yago goes 10-5 and gets the FS prize. Kisenosato retires.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philioyamfugi said:

Just for fun. The way you would like the outcome to be. Or what's likely to be, or just pure fantasy about your favorite rikishi.

Toyonoshima seams  to like the 15day schedule and will be in the juro yusho race. 

Agreed and I hope so.

 

4 hours ago, Philioyamfugi said:

Kotoshugiku will get another Kimboshi against Kinenosato

 

Anyone can get a kindoshi from Kisenosato (I don't know who is Kinenosato).     :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

In ascending divisional order and remembering that this is a fantasy prediction...

Hattorizakura gets a win and retires, says "I have achieved everything I want to in sumo"

I sure hope so on the "retire" part.

2 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

Terunofuji goes 7-0 and the comeback begins.

 

Ok, I will drink sake to that.

 

2 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

Tomokaze goes 15-0 to win juryo again and clinch promotion. 

No chance of this happening.

 

 

Now my predictions ....

Mita to go 8-7 and gets re-promoted to Sekiwake.

Takakeisho to go 11-4 for jun yusho and gets promoted to Ozeki.

Kisenosato to go KK and retire.   

Enho to go MK.

Ura to go 5-2.

Hattorizakura breaks a leg and retire or win his 2nd match of his career.  ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robnplunder said:

Agreed and I hope so.

 

 

Anyone can get a kindoshi from Kisenosato (I don't know who is Kinenosato).     :-P

What’s a kindoshi? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

Terunofuji goes 7-0 and the comeback begins.

He's kyujo. He might do that in Jonidan in March, or we might not see him on the dohyo again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooowwww ba bap oooommmmm bap bap

(Thinkingindepth...)

Im seeing...Im seeing...

Will be f* cold in Tokyo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kisenosato will beat Mitakeumi Day 1, after that any win is doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hakuho 13-2 Y

Kakuryu 12-3

Kinesato 9-4-2

Takayasu 11-4

Goeido 7-8

Tochinoshin 8-5-2

Takakeisho 6-9

Tamawashi 5-10

Myogiryu 6-9

Mitakeumi 8-7

Kotoshogiku, Aoiyama, Onosho, Ikioi KK

Takanoiwa Intai :-/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just yesterday I told Kintamayama that if Takakeishou isn't an ozeki within 10 basho, I'll eat my hat. He told me I can start now. I stand by my prediction. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Atenzan said:

Just yesterday I told Kintamayama that if Takakeishou isn't an ozeki within 10 basho, I'll eat my hat. He told me I can start now. I stand by my prediction. 

I also offer to furnish the ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise, whichever you prefer..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Atenzan said:

Just yesterday I told Kintamayama that if Takakeishou isn't an ozeki within 10 basho, I'll eat my hat. He told me I can start now. I stand by my prediction. 

I stand with you.  No edible hat needed.

Edited by robnplunder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I also offer to furnish the ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise, whichever you prefer..

I believe mustard is the preferred condiment for hats. 

Or maybe that's hams ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, robnplunder said:

I stand with you.  No edible hat needed.

That's two hat dinners served cold, and counting..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:
1 hour ago, robnplunder said:

I stand with you.  No edible hat needed.

That's two hat dinners served cold, and counting..

It's only fair if there is a "cold dinner" awaiting Kinta-sama if he is proven wrong.  Suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

It's only fair if there is a "cold dinner" awaiting Kinta-sama if he is proven wrong.  Suggestions?

A steak would be the most symbolic option, but that would be far too kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amamaniac said:

It's only fair if there is a "cold dinner" awaiting Kinta-sama if he is proven wrong.  Suggestions?

I will be more than happy to comply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2019 at 21:11, Atenzan said:

Just yesterday I told Kintamayama that if Takakeishou isn't an ozeki within 10 basho, I'll eat my hat. He told me I can start now. I stand by my prediction.

I decided to review Top Division championship winners in the modern era, to see what history has to say about Takakeisho's future.  By my count, there were 13 wrestlers who won championships while ranked Komusubi (2) or Sekiwake (11).  All of them went on to become Ozeki, and 69% continued up the banzuke to Yokozuna.

I'd say history supports your prediction.  However, if Kintamayama proves right, it (i.e., a first-time Top Division champion as a Komusubi or Sekiwake failing to secure promotion to Ozeki) will set a precedent, and all will hail Golden Balls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

I decided to review Top Division championship winners in the modern era, to see what history has to say about Takakeisho's future.  By my count, there were 13 wrestlers who won championships while ranked Komusubi (2) or Sekiwake (11).  All of them went on to become Ozeki, and 69% continued up the banzuke to Yokozuna.

I'd say history supports your prediction.  However, if Kintamayama proves right, it (i.e., a first-time Top Division champion as a Komusubi or Sekiwake failing to secure promotion to Ozeki) will set a precedent, and all will hail Golden Balls!

History supports my prediction alright... I'm doing a deep search to see what other people have done so much while so young. I'll give you a teaser. 

Among rikishi who have won 3+ shukun-sho, about 58% made it to at least Ozeki, and nearly 30% made it to Yokozuna. Takakeishou has 3, and a yusho, and a jun-yusho, while being the youngest rikishi in makuuchi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took Kotomitsuki a lot more than 10 basho after his Yusho to make Ozeki, although he wasn't sanyaku when he won, but was M2, so it's comparable to Tochinoshin, though a few others have won Yusho from the Maegashira-joi without making Ozeki (Mitoizumi, Kongo).  Though today I think his 13Y (M2) -> 9 -> 12 might be good enough, while back then they had just suffered from demoting two Ozeki in consecutive basho who rushed up to the rank from an MsTD start so the NSK were more keen on waiting.

 

Edited by Gurowake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just hard to see Takakeishou and other young pusher thrusters be a good Ozeki without a belt game.  Mitakiumi and Tamawashi still best candidates IMO.  

Edited by Philioyamfugi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

I decided to review Top Division championship winners in the modern era, to see what history has to say about Takakeisho's future.  By my count, there were 13 wrestlers who won championships while ranked Komusubi (2) or Sekiwake (11).  All of them went on to become Ozeki, and 69% continued up the banzuke to Yokozuna.

I'd say history supports your prediction.  However, if Kintamayama proves right, it (i.e., a first-time Top Division champion as a Komusubi or Sekiwake failing to secure promotion to Ozeki) will set a precedent, and all will hail Golden Balls!

Yeah, but there is also time specification included in the bet - ozekihood should come within 10 basho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Philioyamfugi said:

It's just hard to see Takakeishou and other young pusher thrusters be a good Ozeki without a belt game.  Mitakiumi and Tamawashi still best candidates IMO.  

Are you under the impression Tamawashi is young?  Yeah, if he put up the results of the last few years he'd be a good Ozeki candidate if he only was 10 years younger...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gurowake said:

Are you under the impression Tamawashi is young?  Yeah, if he put up the results of the last few years he'd be a good Ozeki candidate if he only was 10 years younger...

True, while Tamawashi can be a very fierce opponent I think he is beyond the consistency, due to age, needed for Ozeki promotion now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now