Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O Hatsu 2019

6 hours ago, Flyric said:

Kise showing off the many ways to win a sumo bout

370325937_kisesmanytechniques.png.752ecdcf3d92989bd65dcceff8277391.png

It’s been a long time since we saw a diponzeoi in the top division.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Takayasu does have the flu, but he intends to conquer it and enter Hatsu. "He has been diagnosed with the flu and has been taking medication. His fever is down and he is much better. Regarding his appearance in Hatsu, we will see how he is and decide,," said Tagonoura Oyakata. He did not train today. Kisenosato trained at home-light stuff and no sumo.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

On 09/01/2019 at 08:38, Kintamayama said:

Kisenosato joined the Nishonoseki Ichimon rengo keiko today, going 8-1 against Takakeishou. He totally dominated the reigning champion with  left hand grips, pushes, shoves, and hummus. Win or lose, he was shouting to himself. "Forward, forward- I managed it and that was good. Now, all I have to do is believe in myself and concentrate on facing each day. My body is moving quite well, and I think I'm in good shape.  It was extremely good keiko. I will be preparing seriously to face day 1, avoiding injuries..", he said.

It was so good that Sanspo again gives the kimarite for all training bouts of Kise with -keisho

sum19011005020002-p2.jpgo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

It was so good that Sanspo again gives the kimarite for all training bouts of Kise with -keisho

But it's a bad sign that he didn't do any sumo today. He should be training with increasing intensity at this point, it can't be that he is at his peak and ready. Just doing light stuff and choosing not to show himself to any opponents means that he needs the rest and that the basho is probably going to be his last one...

Come on Kisenosato... prove me wrong! Get the yusho!!

Kakuryuu was 16-1 today against Shoudai and Nishikigi. "If I get to start the basho at 80 percent and reach 100%  by the second half of the basho it would be good,." he said. He seems to be over the right ankle injury after getting an injection in December. But the pain is still there. "I can do shiko so that's what matters," he summed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Tochinoshin has announced he is entering Hatsu after that thigh injury. "I spoke with the Oyakata. I'm in. I'm OK. " he said. His right knee was bandaged today, as he lent his chest to the young ones. He also underwent some ultra wave treatment (seen above in a picture). "I'm better," he summed.

sum19011016460005-p1.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Kisenosato has declared that he is in. "I'm in very good condition. I'm getting close to what I hoped for. I am patient. Now what's left is to face the basho," he said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Kisenosato has declared that he is in. "I'm in very good condition. I'm getting close to what I hoped for. I am patient. Now what's left is to face the basho," he said.

It’s not like he has a choice, is it? After the Calamity in Kyushu he can hardly sit out another tournament. It’s all or nothing now.

Hakuho (33) has a new goal to motivate him to go on (even beyond the Olympics): he wants to surpass Chiyonofuji's record (6 basho era) of oldest yokozuna yusho winner, 35y5months - and he had 8 yusho after he turned 33, Hakuho only 1.

He was on degeiko to Tokitsukaze-beya today: 8-0 with Myogiryu and 4-1 with Shodai - the loss like an isami-ashi. After successful surgery and the kyujo in Kyushu, he's now feeling "The joy of doing sumo, maybe for the first time" - apparently after a long time he's without pain.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/01/10/kiji/20190109s00005000402000c.html

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6