Akinomaki

Takanoiwa hits his tsukebito

1 hour ago, Yubinhaad said:

Kimura Takao, Juryo gyoji belonging to Tagonoura-beya.

So a Juryo-ranked gyoji officiated the retirement ceremony of a former Maegashira wrestler.  Is that standard practice?  Was there not a higher-ranked gyoji from the Nishonoseki Ichimon available for the job, or does Ichimon have nothing to do with the choice? (Is it just coincidence that Tagonoura and Chiganoura belong to the same Ichimon?)  Just curious why Kimura Takao got the nod...

Takanoiwa is expected to become a teacher at the Harumafuji Japanese schol in Mongolia, where the kids learn the Japanese way

Of the oyakata, only those of the defunct Takanohana ichimon took part in the dampatsushiki, but all Mongolian sekitori were there.

http://www.zakzak.co.jp/spo/news/190204/spo1902040013-n2.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Takanoiwa is expected to become a teacher at the Harumafuji Japanese schol in Mongolia, where the kids learn the Japanese way

Does it include the proper use of remote control? :-P

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hakuhonofan said:

Does it include the proper use of remote control? :-P

There must be a way to apply Japanese business card etiquette to the proper way of holding and exchanging the karaoke remote!

I'm warming to Chris Gould. He puts together some engaging sumo content between basho, which I appreciate, and he seems quite well informed.

• Like 1

i'm totally against violence but i don't like hypocrisy too...This video is reasonable...Cui bono?

Seems like the bosses are more concerned with finding scapegoats than make things right.

In Brazil this kind of chokehold ("mata leão"..."kills lion") is very common on jiu jitsu treining...even in 100% amateur/recreational dojos...Its like a ordinary thing to "apagar" (turn off) a jiu jitsu student as a punishment...

Imo its a completely idiotic thing and most of jiu-jitsu guys here are dumb fs*...but despite my opinion its considered normal...

No charges will be filed, it has been learned today. "The victim is not pressing charges," said the district public prosecutor's office. "He is not a part of the Kyokai at present, so we cannot comment," said the Kyokai PR office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2