Sign in to follow this  
Fukurou

Rikishi Status Kyushu 2018 - D14 Late Withdraw

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:19, Pandaazuma said:

You've got to admire Terunofuji's tenacity after all these awful injuries. There was a time when he was fighting toe to toe with the very best. Sincerely hope he makes it back to the top someday somehow.

Well hes in good company down in sandame......

With Ex Makunouchi Ura and Amakaze  in close proximity and Ex Makunouchi Masanoyama not much further up the division.... 

12 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

People tend to forget that a former Ozeki recieves a very healthy paycheck for simply appearing on the banzuke.

This is something I hadn’t heard before. Could you elaborate?

14 hours ago, sekitori said:

>He had injuries which he didn't properly address.  He either tried to come back prematurely or foought with injuries.

He may have had little or nothing to say about treatment of his injuries and when to compete or to go kyujo. Chances are very good that those decisions were made by others.

>That was unwise (or stupid).

I agree.

>He gets no admiration from me.

Occasionally, a rikishi may decide on his own whether or not to have medical treatment, including surgery. He may even decide by himself whether to compete in a basho or go kyujo. But for the most part, such decisions are made in conjunction with his oyakata and other advisors. In the case of a rikishi with chronic physical problems lasting over a long period of time, the fault for not addressing them must lie with people who supposedly look out for his welfare--and completely fail to do so. Terunofuji has had to follow advice from a group of people who at least so far, out of seemingly total neglect, have destroyed his career.

His Oyakata seems happy enough for him to sit out now, so why would he push him to fight as an ozeki other than to protect his rank? As an Ozeki Terunofuji would have had a fair amount of authority to decide his own fate.

10 minutes ago, Michishige said:

This is something I hadn’t heard before. Could you elaborate?

I’m fairly sure I’ve read that bonuses accrued as a sekitori (e.g. kinboshi) are only paid out while active as a sekitori and once you drop back to the unsalaried ranks they stop being paid. So not sure what Jakusotsu is referring to here.

9 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

I’m fairly sure I’ve read that bonuses accrued as a sekitori (e.g. kinboshi) are only paid out while active as a sekitori and once you drop back to the unsalaried ranks they stop being paid. So not sure what Jakusotsu is referring to here.

My bad. They're called "unsalaried ranks" for a reason, aren't they? That's what happens when I do a pitiful Asashosakari impersonation.
(Beingthrowntomatoesat...)

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

My bad. They're called "unsalaried ranks" for a reason, aren't they? That's what happens when I do a pitiful Asashosakari impersonation.

Hey, I assumed you knew something I didn’t. It’s not unfeasible that an ex-Ozeki gets something throughout his career as one of the privileges of the rank.

17 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

There's only one pitiful Asashosakari. Accept no substitutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Fukurou said:

Day 3

Kw KAISEI (0-0-1) will be returning on day 3

Has a Makuuchi rikishi ever returned after missing the first 2 days of a basho?

1 hour ago, Bumpkin said:

Has a Makuuchi rikishi ever returned after missing the first 2 days of a basho?

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi_basho.aspx?r=1287&b=199703

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi_basho.aspx?r=3946&b=196203

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi_basho.aspx?r=3835&b=194411

Edited by chishafuwaku
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Day 3

Kw KAISEI (0-0-1) will be returning on day 3

Really hope he's actually ready for this

Day 3, recap

There are additions to the original Day 3 list, so I'm going to recap everything here.

Withdraw
Ms60e SHINGAKU (0-1, fusen day 2)
Jd38w OSHOZAN (0-1)
Jd61w KOTOSUMIDA (0-1, fusen day 1)

Return
Kw KAISEI (0-0-2)
Ms53w MUSASHIKUNI (0-0-2) (0-0-1)

Edited by Fukurou

14 minutes ago, Fukurou said:

Day 3, recap

There are additions to the original Day 3 list, so I'm going to recap everything here.

Withdraw
Ms60e SHINGAKU (0-1, fusen day 2)

There we are..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fukurou said:

Day 3, recap

Return
Kw KAISEI (0-0-2)
Ms53w MUSASHIKUNI (0-0-2)

Why would Musashikuni have 2 absences?

6 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

Because he missed 2 days:  0 wins, 0 losses, 2 days absent. That's also how the NSK has his current record listed.

Edited by Fukurou

6 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

He probably did not apply for a return until after the days 3 and 4 torikumi cycle had been formulated.

1 hour ago, Asojima said:

He probably did not apply for a return until after the days 3 and 4 torikumi cycle had been formulated.

If he's listed as returning Day 3 though, that should mean that he has a match on Day 3 or 4.  Otherwise he'd be said to return Day 5.  Or so I would think.

2 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Because he missed 2 days:  0 wins, 0 losses, 2 days absent. That's also how the NSK has his current record listed.

kuni.png

20 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

kuni.png

All I can tell is you what was there this morning. 0-0-2.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fukurou said:

All I can tell is you what was there this morning. 0-0-2.

It's a glitch in THE Matrix. It means they made a change. Expect tonight to be crazy. 

• Haha 3

For completeness, the certificate for Hakuho: about 5 weeks medical treatment needed for recuperation after surgery to the right knee and the right ankle.

「右膝骨片摘出術、右足関節関節鏡遊離体摘出術施行。術後約5週間の加療を要する見込み」

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20181111/sum18111110490003-n1.html