Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the masses-Kyusho 2018

Takakeishou joined the Nishonoseki rengo keiko yesterday for the first time as one of the new members of the ichimon. He faced new Juryo Tomokaze, slapped him a good one that was heard across Kyushu, and sent him reeling. Tomokaze could not stand up for a period of time, worrying all those around. His nose was bleeding as well. "Take it easy!!" shouted an Oyakata, as Takakeishou seemed totally pumped up. "This is my style, nothing unusual," said Takakeishou later. 

201811020000171-w500_0.jpg

Ounomatsu Oyakata doing some guidance-Takakeishou and Kotoshougiku

201811020000174-w500_1.jpg

• Like 4

Takayasu was worried about his left foot. After facing Takakeishou for two bouts, he did not do any more. "It's indigestion (??), but what can I do? I can only diligently take care of myself.. I plan to seriously do good sumo this basho from day 1 and be in the yusho race." he said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orandashoho said:

Could he have meant "gout"?

Indigestion was the translation. 消化不良

8 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Takayasu was worried about his left foot. After facing Takakeishou for two bouts, he did not do any more. "It's indigestion (??), but what can I do? I can only diligently take care of myself.. I plan to seriously do good sumo this basho from day 1 and be in the yusho race." he said.

Are you stating your expectations of O1W Takayasu's future prospects by dumping him in with the rank and file? (Scratchingchin...)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Benevolance said:

Are you stating your expectations of O1W Takayasu's future prospects by dumping him in with the rank and file? (Scratchingchin...)

My bad..

Ryuuden went for degeiko to Tagonoura beya  and trained with Kisenosato today, losing all 11 bouts. "All I could do was give it my all. It would have been better if I could manage to push him back a few more times but he’s heavy. I couldn’t do anything. I'm exhausted." he said later. He actually did pretty well, not letting Kisenosato get his favorite left hand grip and even pushed Kisenosato back a few times. After the training he borrowed Takayasu's chest for some healthy butsugari action.

Enter sandman:

201811030000611-w500_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Endou, who has dropped all the way down to Maegashira 12 on the banzuke, trained at home yesterday, taking on 6 sekitori for 10 bouts and winning 8. He was looking good and showed good balance. He had his worst ever whole basho last basho, winning only three times. "I don't have any problems with the lower half of my body any more . It's the last Kyushu basho of the Heisei era* . I have to gambarize at this point.." he said.

*-I just found out that the Heisei era (30 -odd years) will end on April 29th 2019 with the abdication of the throne by Akihito.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Komusubi Kaisei injured his left calf area today at degeiko at Kasugano beya. After training for an hour, he did some butsugari and was injured then. There is a chance of a pulled or even a torn muscle,  hanging dark clouds over his Kyushu entry. "It's the worst.." he muttered. He put some ice on it, but could not walk on his own and had to be assisted by two people to go to receive treatment

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

13 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Komusubi Kaisei injured his left calf area yesterday. It happened today at degeiko at Kasugano beya. After training for an hour, he did some butsugari and was injured then. There is a chance of a pulled or even a tron muscle,  hanging dark clouds over his Kyushu entry. "It's the worst.." he muttered. He put some ice on it, but could not walk on his own and had to be assisted by two people to go to receive treatment

Ah man, that really sucks, I was hopeful that he'd kk at this rank too as I thought he was looking good this year :(

Here's hoping for a swift and solid recovery for him

Takanoiwa is suffering from an ankle injury since Aki Basho and has barely trained lately, doing only the fundamentals. "I will be entering Kyushu, although I'm so-so and my condition varies from day to day.." he said.. He did do some sumo at the Nishonoseki Rengo keiko a few days ago after a month of no training, but was looking dejected yesterday.  "He is facing things at his own pace. I won't let him do anything unnecessary," said his new Oyakata Chiganoura.

• Like 1

Argh. I really should read this thread more often before putting in my entries. (Buyuzan...)

12 hours ago, Suwihuto said:

Argh. I really should read this thread more often before putting in my entries. (Buyuzan...)

You can still change your squad for Bench Sumo until Senshuraku.

• Like 1

No keiko today, everyone gets a day off and I spied Tobizaru & Daiamami fishing in the bay near their heya after dropping some snacks off for Daieisho. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

I've been doing it wrong all these years then! ;)

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

And these days I almost always change my squad after the entry deadline, not because of last-minute withdrawals, but because I don't need to think about the entry I put in just to get on the torikumi so I just pick somewhat at random, although guessing where I'm likely to end up.  I ended up changing 2 maegashira and Hakuho this time around, which is about normal.

Not sure if this is best posted here, but probably doesn't warrant it's own thread - an Ootake-beya makushita rikishi has apparently prepared for the tournament by driving drunk and getting into a car accident, per NHK: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20181110/k10011705681000.html.

He is not named in the article, and is apparently being 'questioned about the circumstances' by police and not arrested, but Ootake's response 'Even though I told them not to do anything that would disappoint Sumo fans... I feel this is inexcusable.' makes it seem probable that the reports are accurate. PR chief Shibatayama says they Kyokai will respond promptly once the police report findings.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, apraxin said:

Not sure if this is best posted here, but probably doesn't warrant it's own thread - an Ootake-beya makushita rikishi has apparently prepared for the tournament by driving drunk and getting into a car accident, per NHK: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20181110/k10011705681000.html.

He is not named in the article, and is apparently being 'questioned about the circumstances' by police and not arrested, but Ootake's response 'Even though I told them not to do anything that would disappoint Sumo fans... I feel this is inexcusable.' makes it seem probable that the reports are accurate. PR chief Shibatayama says they Kyokai will respond promptly once the police report findings.

According to the db, and assuming max rank at makushita, there are six possibilities, and one of them is Naya!

1 hour ago, Yamanashi said:

According to the db, and assuming max rank at makushita, there are six possibilities, and one of them is Naya!

I doubt it's Naya, he's underage so it would have been an even bigger story if that were the case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kaalapaani said:

I doubt it's Naya, he's underage so it would have been an even bigger story if that were the case.

The others are Denzan (30), Genkaiho (30), Shingaku (24), Toho (38) and Tsuyukusa (23).  These are the only rikishi of the 13 active members who have made Makushita.  The only current Makushita is Shingaku, so maybe it's him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yamanashi said:

The others are Denzan (30), Genkaiho (30), Shingaku (24), Toho (38) and Tsuyukusa (23).  These are the only rikishi of the 13 active members who have made Makushita.  The only current Makushita is Shingaku, so maybe it's him.

Doesn't say former Makushita, says Makushita, so it's gotta be Shingaku.

• Like 2