Yubinhaad

Latest set of urakata promotions announced - 41st Inosuke!

The Rijikai has decided on the latest round of promotions among the gyoji and tokoyama (none for the yobidashi this time around). Most notable is the promotion of Shikimori Kandayu to 41st Shikimori Inosuke, ending the short spell without a tate gyoji. All promotions take effect with the release of the 2019 Hatsu banzuke on December 25th - Merry Christmas to the following:

Gyoji:

Shikimori Kandayu (Takadagawa-beya) > to 41st Shikimori Inosuke

Kimura Konosuke (Kokonoe) > to Sanyaku

Shikimori Kiichiro (Oitekaze) > to Makuuchi

Shikimori Shiho (Sadogatake) > to Makushita
Kimura Kazuma (Minezaki) > to Makushita

Kimura Kintaro (Nishikido) > to Sandanme
Shikimori Seiichiro (Isegahama) > to Sandanme
Kimura Sakuranosuke (Shikihide) > to Sandanme

Shikimori Seisuke (Miyagino) > to Jonidan
Shikimori Tatsunosuke (Takadagawa) > to Jonidan
Shikimori Kainosuke (Isenoumi) > to Jonidan

Tokoyama:

Tokoyodo (Isegahama) - to Tokuto (special class)

Tokotetsu (Takadagawa) - to Itto (1st class)
Tokoshima (Nishonoseki) - to Itto
Tokokatsu (Takanohana*) - to Itto

Tokokei (Azumazeki) - to Santo (3rd class)
Tokosen (Chiganoura) - to Santo

Tokomitsu (Arashio) - to Yonto (4th class)

Tokotakumi (Kasugano) - to Goto (5th class) **
Tokotama (Tamanoi) - to Goto

* I assume Tokokatsu will transfer to Chiganoura if the whole Takanohana quitting thing runs its course, unless his services are needed elsewhere.

** Promoted from minarai, apprentice

Edited by Yubinhaad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 12

1 hour ago, Yubinhaad said:

A small step towards Kimura Shounosuke. A giant step for man, kind. Get yer hands down, people!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yubinhaad said:

Tokoyama:

Tokotetsu (Takadagawa) - to Itto (1st class)

Apropos tokoyama, the guy that does Ryuuden's hair at Takadagawa should maybe become a bus driver or something. Not a single one of Ryuuden's bouts ends, no matter how short, where his hair is not all over the place zanbara. It's probably this guy- either Ryuuden's hair is extra thin/slippery/oily, or bus.

Edited by Kintamayama

Maybe he’s a gifted tokoyama and Ryuuden’s hair is just that crazy. I guess, as long as his hair looks good until he gets both hands on the dohyo...

58 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Apropos tokoyama, the guy that does Ryuuden's hair at Takadagawa should maybe become a bus driver or something. Not a single one of Ryuuden's bouts ends, no matter how short, where his hair is not all over the place zanbara. It's probably this guy- either Ryuuden's hair is extra thin/slippery/oily, or bus.

Remember Tochiazuma? 

10 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

TE WO TSUITE!!

Edited by Kuroyama

10 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

Shikimori Kandayu (Takadagawa-beya) > to 41st Shikimori Inosuke

This doesn't fill me with confidence. 

10 minutes ago, Sakura said:

This doesn't fill me with confidence. 

He can't be any worse than the 40th.

16 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

TE WO TSUITE!!

I know you’re not actually him because he never only says it once.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Churaumi said:

I know you’re not actually him because he never only says it once.

(Gyoji...)  TE WO TSUITE!!

(Gyoji...)  TE WO TSUITE!

(Gyoji...)Te wo tsuite.

(Gyoji...)Te... wo... tsui... te...

Edited by Kuroyama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

(Gyoji...)  TE WO TSUITE!!

(Gyoji...)  TE WO TSUITE!

(Gyoji...)Te wo tsuite.

It used to be the other way round

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know there is/was a whole fan club inside and outside this forum eagerly anticipating Kimura Konosuke's promotion (even straight to Tate gyoji).  While I'm not against his recent promotion, I am frankly a little surprised at the timing.  In the most recent tournament (September), Konosuke was one of three Top Division judges to have his call reversed by the judges, which is usually a black mark on a gyoji's record.  And, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Konosuke was the only gyoji to wear the same kimono every day of the tournament.  While there may be value in not appearing too extravagant, at least the other gyoji made an effort to wear different kimonos on different days.  As a fan of sumo, I like to see variety in gyoji apparel.  Just saying...

As far as the timing goes, the Kyokai website had Konosuke listed as top Makuuchi-level gyoji. So when the new tate-gyoji was promoted that opened up a slot at Sanyaku? Of course, I'm assuming that they limit those positions. If not, I assume he had met the threshold for promotion and the overturned call wasn't enough to stop that. I'm just speculating, of course.

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

As far as the timing goes, the Kyokai website had Konosuke listed as top Makuuchi-level gyoji. So when the new tate-gyoji was promoted that opened up a slot at Sanyaku? Of course, I'm assuming that they limit those positions. If not, I assume he had met the threshold for promotion and the overturned call wasn't enough to stop that. I'm just speculating, of course.

Of course, you make an excellent point.  The Kyokai was simply taking care of business, filling at least one vacancy at the top of the gyoji ladder, and then moving others up accordingly.  Long overdue, as we all know.  I wasn't suggesting that Konosuke's promotion should have been put on hold.  Rather, simply pointing out that the promotion announcement came on the heels of a somewhat non-stellar performance.  

On 29/09/2018 at 23:24, Amamaniac said:

I know there is/was a whole fan club inside and outside this forum eagerly anticipating Kimura Konosuke's promotion (even straight to Tate gyoji).

As head of the said fan club,  all I can say is at least he's THERE, errors notwithstanding.  He doesn't look bewildered most of the time like some of the guys ranked above him. He bends down to see what's going on. He has authority. Oh, and the part regarding his not changing his kimono is totally irrelevant. It's his trademark color and I'll have you know he has quite a few sets. And a laundry nearby. It's not the Milano Fashion Week. This is serious business here.

I just hope I live to see him as Shounosuke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

After you've checked off "make it to the Holy Land", I guess the rest of the bucket list can get sorta strange.

1 hour ago, Yamanashi said:

After you've checked off "make it to the Holy Land", I guess the rest of the bucket list can get sorta strange.

I made it to the Holy Land 64 years ago-I don't have 64 more..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

As head of the said fan club,  all I can say is at least he's THERE, errors notwithstanding.  He doesn't look bewildered most of the time like some of the guys ranked above him. He bends down to see what's going on. He has authority. Oh, and the part regarding his not changing his kimono is totally irrelevant. It's his trademark color and I'll have you know he has quite a few sets. And a laundry nearby. It's not the Milano Fashion Week. This is serious business here.

What was the deal with the gyoji wearing the kimono with script letter Ds all over it?  I assumed it was a donor's trademark or something, but I couldn't track it down.

Edited by Kuroyama

8 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

What was the deal with the gyoji wearing the kimono with script letter Ds all over it?  I assumed it was a donor's trademark or something, but I couldn't track it down.

Dichne. In my honor.

• Haha 7

18 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

That one belongs to Kimura Motoki, but I'm also baffled by what it means.

9nPI2Y7V_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Inosuke had the party to celebrate his promotion today in a hotel in Tokyo - Oguruma-oyakata, Takayasu, Takakeisho, Tamawashi - esp. Nishonoseki-ichimon people among the about 450 guests.

talk show with Demon: "Next let's meet for taking on the Shonosuke name."

201902110000909-w200_0.jpgo dly1902110013-g1.jpgo 20190211s00005000320000p_thum.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 4