specialweek 2

Takanohana resigns

20 minutes ago, ryafuji said:

I believe it's Keiko.

Leave it to Takanohana to have a wife called keiko. Man..

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 28/09/2018 at 18:20, Akinomaki said:

And all kinds of rumors fill the article lists: Onomatsu put the pressure on him, financial problems, he (his son as well) one step away from divorce

Taka apparently handed in the divorce papers on the 25th last month: his comment: We wanted to graduate from being a couple

20181126-230301-1-0000_m.jpgvid

The wide shows tomorrow will switch from Takakeisho to him alone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My gosh if that's not rock bottom :-( 
It's comforting to know that in his future (hopefully near future?) he has said that he will be teaching hopeful youths sumo ... being active is some sort of aspect with his life.  He's lost, well, practically everything.

Edited by inhashi

One of his (ex)deshi just won a surprise yusho and he steals the spotlight with this?!

I don't know the guy, but it somehow fits to my subconscious impression that I always had of him.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, yorikiried by fate said:

One of his (ex)deshi just won a surprise yusho and he steals the spotlight with this?!

I don't know the guy, but it somehow fits to my subconscious impression that I always had of him.

My impression of him is that he is suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder.   But, hey, I am not a Freud, fraud, whatever.

BTW, the guy looks much older than 46.   

Don't forget that this guy was babied for a good portion of his life, by both his parents, the media, and the fans. Reality hit the fan.

Takanohana was on TV this morning and was interviewed at length. The gist of it- "I'm happy for Takakeishou, I brought him up, his father helped,  I watched it on TV and at some point had a good feeling he would go all the way, it's just the beginning for him and I hope he continues his serious training,  I am now moving on, no to politics, my life is not worth writing a book about, I feel both sad and relieved after my divorce, we never went on a honeymoon or things like that as I was a Yokozuna when we got married and was too busy being one, I won't be commentating on TV because I don't do it well. I'm still looking for a hobby-  I've done a bit of golf in the past, I have never skied or snowboarded although the balance needed for snowboarding reminds me of shiko,  I like watching sports, I plan on scouring the land, meeting people. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

Edit-I forgot the most important thing!! "Sumo is a Hebrew word!" he said. It isn't, but there is a theory that hakke-yoi, which has no meaning at all in Japanese, comes from the Hebrew word "Hake!" which means "Hit!!" A theory.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Screen-Shot-2018-11-27-at-17-43-27.png

I wonder if he is gonna get back with ex-girlfriend Rie Miyazawa. I heard she is also divorced. But a quick search shows she remarried earlier this year. Guess that train has sailed. 

Ds9z-D1-U8-AAAy-Yu.jpg

To be great is to be misunderstood.

Edited by Otokonoyama
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

ere is a theory that hakke-yoi, which has no meaning at all in Japanese, comes from the Hebrew word "Hake!" which means "Hit!!" A theory. 

And whose theory might that be, exactly? ;-)

34 minutes ago, Kuroyama said:

Look, if the whole world isn't Jewish, why is the Sun named Sol?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

There is more - and surely there are still versions of the history mystery series on this on YT

On 20/09/2013 at 15:00, Akinomaki said:

The other video about sumo contains a real mystery thriller: sumo having its roots in ancient Israel, after its demise in 586 B.C. being brought to Japan via the silk road. Sumo pointing to Jacob, who did sumo with an angel – reminiscent of which is the hitori-zumo custom in Ehime – sumo (ateji) and hakke-yoi having no behind meaning in Japanese but coming from Hebrew SheMO and HaKeH YoHY - salt for purification, the circle (of the dohyo) as a sacred place, etc.

Edit: Taka's uncle Waka-I toured the world to search for sumo roots, maybe he brought back this idea

Edited by Akinomaki

30 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Where's Umberto Eco when you need him?

We'd get a convoluted tale about an ancient Hebrew shopping list being mistakenly read as a banzuke...

8 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

You may now quietly eat your hat, sir.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wish that were in English. Or, at least, subtitled in English.

I remember seeing an NHK show where one of the makuuchi gyoji  said “hake yoi” meant “get your spirit up” or something like that. Are you telling me a gyoji might have been...wrong?

1 hour ago, Churaumi said:

I remember seeing an NHK show where one of the makuuchi gyoji  said “hake yoi” meant “get your spirit up” or something like that. Are you telling me a gyoji might have been...wrong?

That's how all the old English language sumo books translate it.

You cannot truly appreciate Sumo until you've heard it in the original Klingon. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Benevolance said:

You cannot truly appreciate Sumo until you've heard it in the original Klingon. 

Heghlu’meH QaQ jajvam!

• Haha 2

On 27/11/2018 at 01:02, Kintamayama said:

Leave it to Takanohana to have a wife called keiko. Man..

Her family name is Butsukari and I hear there was a lot of back-and-forth, push-and-shove in their marriage. He especially hated her getting him up early every morning.

Edited by Eikokurai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eikokurai said:

Her family name is Butsukari and I hear there was a lot of back-and-forth, push-and-shove in their marriage. He especially hated her getting him up early every morning.

At least it wasn't Harite... 

10,000,000 yen severance pay, and an additional "merit bonus" which usually exceeds that, will be paid to Takanohana,  it was decided at the the rijikai today. The rijikai did not engage in any petty malarkey and has decided to pay him in full, all the problems of late notwithstanding. The final sum will be decided upon at the next rijikai on December 11th. "He will be paid in full, as per usual," said Shibatayama Oyakata.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

10,000,000 yen severance pay, and an additional "merit bonus" which usually exceeds that

All I want to know is how much of that is Keiko Kono getting? ;-) (She actually deserves a part of the severance pay for all her years of service as Takanohana-beya's okamisan...) 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2018 at 00:45, Kintamayama said:

10,000,000 yen severance pay, and an additional "merit bonus" which usually exceeds that, will be paid to Takanohana,  it was decided at the the rijikai today. The rijikai did not engage in any petty malarkey and has decided to pay him in full, all the problems of late notwithstanding. The final sum will be decided upon at the next rijikai on December 11th. "He will be paid in full, as per usual," said Shibatayama Oyakata.

Taka for his 1st intai had received in 2003 about 50 million yen retirement money and 130 million yen special merit bonus. The "normal" amount as merit bonus this time would be 30 million yen - but that will have to be discussed in the hyogi-in kai first - Taka's "enemy" Ikenobo is now only a plain member and no longer the head, this is NHK's Ebizawa. http://www.zakzak.co.jp/spo/news/181130/spo1811300015-n1.html

• Like 1

Has the Rijikai released the new regulations for Ichimon which, back when Takanohana retired, they stated to the press would be done in November?

And just for my own edification, did the Takanohana Ichimon ever officially exist, or was it just a convenient way of grouping all the "outcast stables" that supported Takanohana?