Sign in to follow this  
Itachi

Sandanme Game Aki 2018

The Sandanme Game will run again for Aki 2018.

Please note the change in email address at the end of this post. I can still receive your messages at my shaw address but I'm transitioning to the gmail one.

I have been very close to giving this game a kyujo for a few basho now but since some of you continue to take the time to send me entries, I feel compelled to keep it going.

Last basho, I had technical difficulties that prevented me from posting tables of results on the forum. I have begun the process of setting up a website for posting results if the problems with posting to this forum continue. I have no experience with creating and maintaining a website so I'm not sure how that will go but I am determined to find a way to share the results of your entries with you. If all else fails, I suppose I could just send the spreadsheet to each of you by email but I'd rather post it for all to see.

There may be a delay in getting the results to you but I will set up the game, record your entries, and compile and present the results. Hopefully, I can catch up on the banzuke making as well. Thanks for your patience and continuing interest in the game!

Here is the usual invitation:

For the Sandanme Game, please send me your list of 15 rikishi from the usual segments of the banzuke.

Sd 1-5/6-10/11-15/16-20/21-25/26-30/31-35/36-40/41-45/46-50
51-60/61-70/71-80/81-90 and 91-100+ (91-100 including tsukedashi if any)

Your rikishi earn points for each win, for a kachikoshi record, for leading their group, and a bonus for the best scoring rikishi on each team based on how close they were to the yusho winning record. The result is adjusted so that the best possible score gets a 15-0 result.

The drone Mirai knows the future and always selects the best rikishi in each group. This shows us what the best possible score would be at each stage of the game.
The drone Genzai picks the most popular rikishi from each group. This drone has tended to score well.
The drone Mukashi picks the rikishi in each group who had the best record last basho. This drone isn't expected to score well but sometimes surprises us.

Send your entries to me at matsuorussellj@gmail.com before any of your selections enter the dohyo for their match (and preferably a few hours before that).

This is to bump the topic.

There is still time to enter!

Also, it seems I have more space for attachments so I should be able to post results properly again!

If not, I have begun to construct a website but it will be much easier to just post results here.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your entries!

There are just 11 players this basho, including the 3 drones but that's enough to keep the game going!

I may attempt to post a table of standings later but it will be more interesting after Day 2 when all the rikishi have had a bout.

Here are the standings and full results tables for Day 5.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with the game while I struggled to find a way to post results!

• Thanks 2

Here are the standings and full results tables for Day 8 (a couple of posts above).

The standings for Day 14 are up.

It looks like a tight race among the top three, Torafujii, Tenshinhan, and Wolfgangho.

Tenshinhan has one more bout remaining than the other two.

Good luck on the final day!

image.thumb.png.7c27185632eb58f9f73d9a3f49b041a6.png

Edited by Itachi
correcting jun-yusho declaration

Here (in the posts above) are the final standings for the Aki 2018 Sandanme Game contest!

Congratulations to Torafujii for his first ever win in this game!

Tenshinhan won last time, and shares the jun-yusho this basho. Congratulations!

Wolfgangho had a successful return, finishing with a share of the jun-yusho. His best scoring rikishi balanced his deficiency in kachikoshi rikishi and Tenshinhan's very slight edge in win/loss ratio! Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone for playing.

See you in November!

• Like 1

Awesome!  My humble thanks.  I was able take time to study my selections.  It produced a very good result.