WAKATAKE

JWS Aki 2018

Posted (edited)

Welcome to JWS Aki 2018!

The real simple goal of this game is to pick one Juryo rikishi per day who you think will win. Can you break Futabayama's record of 69 wins?

1. Pick one Juryo rikishi from the 28 ranked on the banzuke that you think will win for the day
2. You do not have to stay with that one rikishi for the whole basho
3. Ineligible picks are makuuchi/makushita rikishi in division crossovers
4. Your picks must be posted in this thread or submitted by PM to me by no later than 12pm (Japan time) each day of the basho (8pm PST)
5. Any late entries for the day will unfortunately not be accepted
6. A loss by your pick or a late entry will wipe out your winning streak and you will have to start over
7. Everybody on the forums are allowed to participate and you may start posting on any day of the basho (if you like you can start posting from day 8 for example)
8. The player with the longest streak in basho will be declared the yusho winner
9. Active streaks do not end on senshuraku (last day) of the basho and will continue into the next basho as well

Good luck and looking forward to playing with you all!

Top 10 JWS:

1. 8 - @Tenshinhan
2. 6 - WAKATAKE (active)
3. 5 - @wolfgangho
3. 5 - Tenshinhan (active)
5. 4 - @Achiyama (active)
6. 2 - WAKATAKE
6. 2 - Achiyama
6. 2 - @chishafuwaku
9. 1 - wolfgangho (active)
9. 1 - @kuroimori

Edited by WAKATAKE

Sounds fun. I'm in, too. Now I'm up to 21 games I play. Argh!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the invite, I'll give it another try. Can't possibly get worse than my first feeble attempt... 

• Thanks 1

Sounds simple enough I think I will try this game....

I haven't started a new game for a while and there is always room for another Game..

Is this the same as Chaingang - but for Juryo rikishi only?  (I suppose you are allowed to start again during the basho, and that a streak can last longer than a basho - but in principal, is it very similar?)  

10 hours ago, Jejima said:

Is this the same as Chaingang - but for Juryo rikishi only?  (I suppose you are allowed to start again during the basho, and that a streak can last longer than a basho - but in principal, is it very similar?)  

I’ve never actually looked at Chaingang but from what I’m hearing it is similar. You can start the very next day after you lose and your streak will start again if you win.

44 minutes ago, WAKATAKE said:

I’ve never actually looked at Chaingang but from what I’m hearing it is similar. You can start the very next day after you lose and your streak will start again if you win.

In Chaingang if you’re out, you’re out. You can’t come back till next basho.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

In Chaingang if you’re out, you’re out. You can’t come back till next basho.

In this one you can play everyday.

1 - 15 Hakuyozan (i.e. Please have me picking Hakuyozan every day until further notice...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/09/2018 at 07:22, WAKATAKE said:

Revised rule 3

Does excluding fusen winning rikishi make sense? It may prevent "cheating", but you cannot expect players to change their picks in time after a kyujo is announced?

32 minutes ago, Flohru said:

Does excluding fusen winning rikishi make sense? It may prevent "cheating", but you cannot expect players to change their picks in time after a kyujo is announced?

Noted. Changed it back.

If I start complaining about rule changes, I should give the game a try at least... Day 1 (and for the following days until I change the pick): Wakatakakage

I'll play:

Day 1: Wakatakakage

On 30/08/2018 at 01:37, WAKATAKE said:

8. There are no direct yusho winners, just people who can get the longest winning streak possible

I would say  that if you want this game to go a long time I would change this and give out a Yusho for the longest streak within a basho. In case of ties use a tiebreaker like the lowest combined ranking of the correct rikishi picked wins. Without this if someone goes on a Hakuho run and gets likes 40 in a row it might put off people bothering to try to beat it with no incentive for the individual basho itself.

@rocks

this is the juryo division based game 

if someone goes on a "hakuho" run the rikishi will long before the 40 wins  in the makuuchi division

Just now, wolfgangho said:

@rocks

this is the juryo division based game 

if someone goes on a "hakuho" run the rikishi will long before the 40 wins  in the makuuchi division

I meant a person playing the game going on a multi-basho win streak. It carrries over basho to basho right?

@rocks

you are right the streak doesn`t end with the end of a basho

it just ends with a noshowup of the player

or with the chosen rikiishi losing