Sign in to follow this  
Fukurou

Rikishi Status Nagoya 2018 - Day 11

Fukurou    437
Posted (edited)

Day 3 , Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, part 1, Day 7, part 2, Day 9, Day 11 ,

Based on information on the NSK website, the following sekitori rikishi will be absent on Day 1 of the 2018 Nagoya basho (subject to change). The status of all other rikishi will be revealed in about 24 hours. Edit: adding the remaining rikishi to the list for Day 1.

Y2e KISENOSATO   (link)

J10e SOKOKURAI   (link)

Ms4e Asabenkei
Ms6e Terunofuji   (link)
Ms57w Takemasa
Ms59e Kirinoryu

Sd13w Masunoyama
Sd22w Taichiyama
Sd30w Ura   (link)
Sd34w Onojo
Sd40w Daiseiho
Sd81e Rikito

Jd7w Yoshifuji
Jd13w Kiminofuji
Jd15w Oisato
Jd19e Asakura
Jd46w Nakaishi
Jd53w Teraosho
Jd57w Akatsuki
Jd75w Koreyasu
Jd79w Takaseiryu
Jd88w Kotoyamato
Jd94w Hatooka
Jd104w Watanabe

Jk7e Bando
Jk17w Banba
Jk22e Iwamori
Jk24w Kitasatsuma
Jk25e Terasawa
Jk27e Fujikawa
Jk27w Noborifuji
Jk32e Asahisato
Jk33w Kotonagahama

Edited by Fukurou
  • Thanks 1

Asashosakari    10,994

According to Nikkei, still the right foot injury that has been bothering Sokokurai since March:

On 3/22/2018 at 07:30, Asashosakari said:

Sokokurai: Fractures of the first and second metatarsal bones as well as a fracture of 楔状骨 (not sure, one of the bones connecting to the metatarsals I think), plus a joint sprain in the affected area, treatment and rest for two months. That sounds like the kind of thing that's probably going to leave him ill-equipped for sumo in May, too... :-(

I see we didn't post the official statement for his subsequent withdrawal in May in that basho's status thread, but googling around for it now, it was substantially the same.

Might be the end of the road for him. His 14-1 in juryo in November was glorious, but it was also his only KK in his last 8 tournaments...

Fukurou    437

So basically a broken and sprained foot. Sounds painful.

WAKATAKE    967
1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

And Ura still out..

He was going to be lucky to compete in Nagoya. My guess is maybe we'll see him in Aki but I would be willing to bet the dish more on Kyushu.

Akinomaki    17,883
Posted (edited)

Official kyujo reasons:

Kisenosato: With pain in the left pectoralis major muscle, restraint from intense exercise for about 4 weeks

Sokokurai: right Lisfranc joint dislocation fracture, right cuneiform bone fracture - the oyakata told that he won't enter later: makushita drop inevitable

http://rd.kyodo-d.info/np/2018070801001325?c=39546741839462401

and again/still:

gyoji Shikimori Yonokichi - in bad physical condition - he is still getting medical treatment commuting to a hospital http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20180708/sum18070813570005-n1.html

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yubinhaad    7,066
On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 03:50, Fukurou said:

Ms4e Asabenkei

Sd81e Rikito

Jd79w Takaseiryu

Jk25e Terasawa

Asabenkei and Terasawa both had surgery following the Natsu basho, Asabenkei for the right knee injury he suffered there. No idea about Terasawa's injury.

Rikito retired after Natsu but wasn't on the official list.

Takaseiryu is apparently retired, he is no longer shown on the heya website personnel page. He was the victim of Takayoshitoshi's hot temper back in March.

Shingaku had a fusenpai today due to a right knee ligament injury, an unfortunate way to make his Makushita debut.

• Thanks 1

Fukurou    437

Day 3

Several withdrawals as of day 3. None of these rikishi took part in their 1st scheduled match.

Ms30w MASUTOO (0-1, fusen day 1)
Ms40w HOTSUKASA (0-1, fusen day 1)
Ms52e SHINGAKU (0-1, fusen day 1)

Jd31e KENYU (0-1, fusen day 2)
Jd84w KOJIMA (0-1, fusen day 1)
Jd100e BURINOSATO (0-1, fusen day 1)

JK6e KOZAKURA (0-1, fusen day 1)

Fukurou    437

I'll not be posting here for a few days - possibly until Sunday, more likely Monday.

Bumpkin    350

Day 5: No withdraws or returns.

Akinomaki    17,883
Posted (edited)

From what I just saw on NHK: Amakaze did not appear for his bout - he injured his knee in the first bout and Oguruma-oyakata says he won't re-enter - for details I have to listen to it again (I don't think FujiTV has that option)

Edited by Akinomaki

Akinomaki    17,883
Posted (edited)

Hakuho kyujo - right knee injured and some fracture  - Chiyonokuni fusensho - 2 weeks rest needed

the oyakata told that Hakuho injured the knee before the bout on day 2 in the shitaku-beya during preparations

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Rocks    877

I wonder why they waited so long on this. I guess Ikioi gets the freebie tomorrow too. 

Kintamayama    22,330
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Rocks said:

I wonder why they waited so long on this. I guess Ikioi gets the freebie tomorrow too. 

No, a new  torikumi for tomorrow has been announced. And I am very skeptic about the reason given and the lateness of the announcement. Something else more sinister probably happened. If he injured his knee two days ago at the shitakubeya (conveniently excellent excuse as no injury was viewed in public - this way  people won't be asking questions..) why wait till the very last minute before day 4? I do no believe a word of this.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 1

Asojima    1,895
17 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

No, a new  torikumi for tomorrow has been announced.

NSK just pulled down the Day 5 torikumi previously posted on its website.  I don't recall seeing this happen in the past.

Kintamayama    22,330
Just now, Asojima said:

NSK just pulled down the Day 5 torikumi previously posted on its website.  I don't recall seeing this happen in the past.

I remember it happening a few times before, but do not recall the details.

Asojima    1,895

The new Day 5 torikumi is now up on the NSK site.

Kintamayama    22,330
Posted (edited)

Miyagino Oyakata is the guest announcer on TV today and explained what happened : "Right before Hakuhou's bout against Shoudai on day 2, he slipped  in the dressing room. He thought nothing of it, and yesterday he felt some pain but nothing serious. Last night the situation deteriorated and he could hardly move. We iced the place and decided to wait till morning. This morning he was in pain, and we waited till the last possible moment hoping for an improvement, but as it was not happening, announced the kyujo.." he said.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 2

Kaninoyama    49
3 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Chiyonokuni fusensho - 2 weeks rest needed

Two weeks to recover from a fusensho? Man this guy needs to get in shape!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Akinomaki    17,883
On 7/8/2018 at 20:53, Yubinhaad said:

Takaseiryu is apparently retired, he is no longer shown on the heya website personnel page. He was the victim of Takayoshitoshi's hot temper back in March.

The intai of Takaseiryu (22) was confirmed on the 10th. Taka told: "He retired. He completely made it through (his active career). The proposal came from him." - and revealed that he had already handed in the retirement papers for Takaseiryu to the NSK. http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2018/07/11/0011434189.shtml

Akinomaki    17,883
10 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Hakuho kyujo - right knee injured and some fracture  - 2 weeks rest needed

the oyakata told that Hakuho injured the knee before the bout on day 2 in the shitaku-beya during preparations

Details of Hakuho's injury: right patellar tendon injury and suspicion of a right tibial tubercle avulsion fracture (usually only happens in adolescence). http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/201807110000799.html

Edited by Akinomaki

Bumpkin    350

Day 5: Returns

Ms30w Masutoo; Ms52e Shigaku and Jd31e Kenyu.

Day 5: Withdrawals

Ms13w Amakaze; Sd14e Mitozakura; Jd41w Tamanaka and Jk31e Mukaida.

• Thanks 1

Eikokurai    199
13 minutes ago, Yubinhaad said:

No more kinboshi on offer this basho - Kyodo reports that Kakuryu is kyujo from Day 6.

Just seen that. First time in 19 years that three Yokozuna have gone kyujo in the same tournament (if my Japanese comprehension is right, which is questionable!)