Kawabata

Will Hattorizakura get his second win during Nagoya?

Will Hattorizakura get his second win during Nagoya?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will Hattorizakura get his second win during Nagoya?

• Yes - Straight forward win
    • Yes - Fusen win
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/18 at 16:07

12 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

If it makes you feel better, what happened wasn't really covered by the poll. Yes, he got a win, and no, it wasn't a fusen, but I'd hardly call that "straightforward".

A win’s a win.

Even if the guy pretty much tripped on his own feet...

• Haha 1

During that last one (match 5), I thought he might actually get 2 this tournament. It’s not too late, but it seems like he can at least hold his own now with the newest jonokuchi, provided they are skinny  and uncoordinated enough. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Churaumi said:

During that last one (match 5), I thought he might actually get 2 this tournament. It’s not too late, but it seems like he can at least hold his own now with the newest jonokuchi, provided they are skinny  and uncoordinated enough. 

As mentioned elsewhere, that opponent (Houn) is probably the second-worst active rikishi right now, and yet he's already 4-0 against Hattorizakura (and 0-for against everybody else). It's conceivable that Hattorizakura could end up beating him in one of the next few tournaments, but the gulf to the third-worst rikishi - whoever that happens to be - is probably still rather large.

Soga, the kid who collapsed on his own against Hattorizakura, has since won two matches, including against Houn. The two new Nishiiwa-beya kids who went 0-5 in maezumo last time also both have 2 wins already (one of them each against Hattorizakura, unsurprisingly).

all Nagoya matches among the mentioned 5 rikishi (listed from both rikishi's perspective, so two listings for each match)

Edited by Asashosakari

Third worst rikishi -

I guess the current 'classic' answer would be Sawanofuji but among the new guys there are some new contenders.

I'd nominate Takanoryu who honestly had an amazing belt battle with Hattorizakura recently https://youtu.be/G94Egq1-R1g?t=368

The other candidates are Toya and maybe Shishimaru.

I just assumed Houn was new, looking at him. I don’t devote much research to rikishi that far down the banzuke, unless they stand out. Houn doesn’t stand out as far as Hattorizakura, even for awfulness.

Kind of reminds me of when the Kansas City Royals we’re tied for the record of consecutive losses in baseball, and then they won a game. Our local DJ ranted that they couldn’t even win at losing. 

Hattorizakura promised a win for next basho - do we need a new poll?

DoGxXkbU8AYa3gp.jpg:thumbo

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Hattorizakura promised a win for next basho - do we need a new poll?

DoGxXkbU8AYa3gp.jpg:thumbo

Definitely, I have faith