Kawabata

Will Hattorizakura get his second win during Nagoya?

Will Hattorizakura get his second win during Nagoya?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will Hattorizakura get his second win during Nagoya?

• Yes - Straight forward win
    • Yes - Fusen win
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/18 at 16:07

Kawabata    136
Posted (edited)

Assuming he isn't either trying to make his all time loss record even greater than it already is (or that he's not doing some sort of very committed performance art piece). I think he's in with a shot in Nagoya, he seemed to have improved during the last basho and there were a couple of bouts I thought he looked like he was really contending.

Apologies for the repeated title - this is the first poll I've had a go at submitting...

Edited by Kawabata
  • Like 1

Churaumi    101

No. He also has to have the lowest fusensho rate of any rikishi ever. He’s been at this for quite a while and people seem pretty dedicated to keep him from getting a mercy win.

It’s kind of fun, watching a sport where the arguably most dominant and least dominant people to have ever participated are in at the same time.

RabidJohn    332
On 02/07/2018 at 18:16, Kawabata said:

...(or that he's not doing some sort of very committed performance art piece)...

I hadn't considered that! It made me laugh, but it's also an oddly plausible explanation for Hattorizakura's continued presence in ozumo.

Akinomaki    17,884
Posted (edited)

Shikihide-beya posts plenty of keiko pics - and I haven't spotted Hattorizakura train in them yet - I don't expect any win from him in the future

DhQlrdmUcAEGfJe.jpg:thumbo

Edited by Akinomaki

Kawabata    136
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Shikihide-beya posts plenty of keiko pics - and I haven't spotted Hattorizakura train in them yet - I don't expect any win from him in the future

DhQlrdmUcAEGfJe.jpg:thumbo

He seems to be more on chanko duty these days....

Edit: I still think he was another win in him one day though, I want to believe!

Edited by Kawabata

Churaumi    101

Maybe they keep him around because he’s good at cooking or cleaning or something? 

Jakusotsu    2,047
43 minutes ago, Churaumi said:

Maybe they keep him around because he’s good at cooking or cleaning or something? 

Nobody has ever been kicked out of sumo just because they don't win enough. Otherwise there wouldn't be a Jonidan division.

• Like 1

Churaumi    101

It’s a joke, chuckle chuckle.

I assume they have encouraged some to quit, though. I can’t imagine he takes up much of his oyakata’s time, which might explain some things. 

Yatagarasu    279
4 hours ago, Kawabata said:

High five @Yatagarasu!

To be fair, the real victor was the Nagoya dohyo!  (Laughing...)  Wish I'd put money on him now... 

Kawabata    136
3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

To be fair, the real victor was the Nagoya dohyo!  (Laughing...)  Wish I'd put money on him now... 

True, I should have thought of adding an option for a win that was basically a complete fluke...

The next question is, will he get a third (Laughing...)

Yatagarasu    279
10 minutes ago, Kawabata said:

True, I should have thought of adding an option for a win that was basically a complete fluke...

The next question is, will he get a third (Laughing...)

I'm going to go all all out and put a steak on a kachikoshi!  (Laughing...)  But seriously though, he had good form last basho and seemed quite determined.  They really need to feed him.  He hasn't put on a lick of weight.  

• Like 1

Kawabata    136
21 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I'm going to go all all out and put a steak on a kachikoshi!  (Laughing...)  But seriously though, he had good form last basho and seemed quite determined.  They really need to feed him.  He hasn't put on a lick of weight.  

I mean, that is the cool, calm stare of a winner right there, he clearly means business now

Akinomaki    17,884
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

They really need to feed him.  He hasn't put on a lick of weight.  

He has 88kg now - quite some gain from the 70kg listed in the DB http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi.aspx?r=12268

Edit: the papers have him at 80kg, his fan channel at 88

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Yatagarasu    279

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

He has 88kg now - quite some gain from the 70kg listed in the DB http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi.aspx?r=12268

Edit: the papers have him at 80kg, his fan channel at 88

10-18kg in three years though...?  Isn't that very slow?  He and I are roughly the same height so on the basis of my own height and weight and the current look of him, if I had to pick one of the two unofficial figures I'd err in favour of the 80kg mark.  

Asashosakari    10,995
Posted (edited)

80.3 kg in the Kyokai's official figures. Last updated in January, was 75.1 kg before.

Edited by Asashosakari

Akinomaki    17,884
Posted (edited)

That's with 67kg->70kg as new recruit http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/34356-new-recruits-for-aki-2015/?do=findComment&comment=286209

AS20180710003945_commL.jpgo

I believe the fan to have been told that now he has 88kg (or maybe has lost 1 or 2kg again before the basho)

sum18071016480006-m1.jpgo

this is with 80kg in January

DTn7Ee7VMAAvwlP.jpg:thumbo DTn6-tjVwAACOFg.jpg:thumbo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 2

Churaumi    101

Well, I’ll be... I think it’s finally time to admit that the surest way for something to happen is for me to vote against it on a sumo forum poll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jakusotsu    2,047
8 hours ago, Churaumi said:

Well, I’ll be... I think it’s finally time to admit that the surest way for something to happen is for me to vote against it on a sumo forum poll.

So it's time for another Gagamaru-Ozeki poll.

• Haha 1

Churaumi    101
10 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

So it's time for another Gagamaru-Ozeki poll.

You post it, I’ll vote “no,” and we’ll let the dohyo sort it out.

• Haha 2

Kuroyama    569
On 7/10/2018 at 15:23, Churaumi said:

If it makes you feel better, what happened wasn't really covered by the poll. Yes, he got a win, and no, it wasn't a fusen, but I'd hardly call that "straightforward".

• Like 1