Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

J-pop charts selection

Since it started 25 year ago, shortly after I started my 2nd stay in Japan, Countdown TV is my favorite Japanese chart show. With music threads being quite common on the forum, I thought I might start this one and share what left a lasting impression even after 2 or 3 times listening to the few seconds on CDTV.

Usually every week new entries storm the top and then get replaced quickly, but this one stays in the top 5 for many weeks now, Kenshi Yonezu's Lemon

He hadn't been one of my favorites so far, but just after this song got me interested, I found that he has also this song by DAOKO - for the upcoming firework season (since the last) -  which is the one I like best among the 5 on this page

it dropped a bit down the charts by now http://www.tbs.co.jp/cdtv/cddb/thisweek.html

A bit better placed is the new one by Utada Hikaru - Hatsukoi

quite at the bottom of the top 100 by now is the song from a Detective Conan anime film, ZERO by Fukuyama Masaharu

and what really impressed me was the success of veteran Oda Kazumasa with Kono michi o, after several weeks now at last out of the top 40 that get presented in CDTV - though I have to admit it took me 3-4 times to really like it enough to search for a proper version (which took quite a while) - youtube-dl gets it: https://pv755.com/kono-michi-o

Edit: I use 9tsu to follow Japanese TV, but only after it went through my download filters, and the shows only downloaded by youtube-dl. The 2018 1st half 3h special of CDTV (spoiled by geinou guests just for this edition) is at video.9tsu.com/videos/view?vid=132089 - there are better quality videos at dailymotion, but it takes a long time to download from there.

Edit2: I wasn't surprised that Lemon finished top for this year so far

Edited by Akinomaki

I prefer Kenshi Yonezu’s LOSER which was his debut hit, I believe. 

I also watch the charts when I am in Japan before venturing to Towers Shibuya to purchase tax free CDs. 

Posted (edited)
On 29/06/2018 at 14:00, Akinomaki said:

Since it started 25 year ago, shortly after I started my 2nd stay in Japan, Countdown TV is my favorite Japanese chart show.

Usually every week new entries storm the top and then get replaced quickly, but this one stays in the top 5 for many weeks now, Kenshi Yonezu's Lemon youtube.query=Kenshi+Yonezu+Lemon

Edit2: I wasn't surprised that Lemon finished top for this year so far

Lemon finished no.1 of that whole year. The CDTV 5h new year special brought the 2019 rankings https://www.bilibili.com/video/av81795948

And the no. 1 was - again Lemon, first time ever that a song was no.1 for 2 years in a row.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1