Fujisan

Latest news on my accident........

Fujisan    224

Its now 10 months since my accident........(sept 15th)

I spent 5 weeks in hospital,then a month virtually housebound with a fixater on my leg....

when they took that off I spent a month in a cast and then I was supposed to wear a surgical boot for another month but I got fed up with carrying extra weight on my leg,so I stopped wearing it after 2 weeks....

Not long after that I went back to work because I couldn't carry on with just the income support they paid me....

5 months back at work now I still struggle to get up the ladder and continue to limp.....

I have had to accept that the limp may never go but I am not letting that stop me.......

Like I said to one of my customers Surely there cant be many window cleaners who returned to work after breaking their hip,not to mention 2 other bones(Three if you count breaking my left arm less than a year before that)

I did consider quitting after I first went back to work when it all proved to be so hard but its the only job I know........

Thanks for all your support guys+girls.............

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

sumojoann    28

Fujisan, I'm so sorry to hear of your accident.  Is there another type of work you could be trained to perform?  A job that doesn't require that you climb a ladder?  I can feel your strength of spirit in your words.

• Like 1

Fujisan    224
1 hour ago, sumojoann said:

Fujisan, I'm so sorry to hear of your accident.  Is there another type of work you could be trained to perform?  A job that doesn't require that you climb a ladder?  I can feel your strength of spirit in your words.

There are but that's not the only reason  I returned to window cleaning......

I have also found that there are few occupations that that can match the job security I found in window cleaning........

There are always people wanting their windows cleaned.....

When England was in recession I would say "what recession?"

Also being self employed for nearly 30 years I have a large round even after losing some after my accident and I am just starting to pick up more customers-I have more now than before my accident....

Thanks anyway SJ.......

• Like 2

Jakusotsu    2,047
2 hours ago, Fujisan said:

I have also found that there are few occupations that that can match the job security I found in window cleaning........

I know what you mean, but the irony is just too hard to miss. (Sigh...)

• Haha 2

Fujisan    224
Posted (edited)
On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 06:50, Jakusotsu said:

I know what you mean, but the irony is just too hard to miss. (Sigh...)

I guess so but you could try......... ;-)

Edited by Fujisan

since_94    26

Wish you the best of luck with both your physical recovery and your business.

Fujisan    224
11 hours ago, since_94 said:

Wish you the best of luck with both your physical recovery and your business.

Thank you.....

I have managed so far the only thing that as beaten me is a two foot "fence(not sure if that's what you call it) on Cleethorpes beach I saw a personal trainer who was teaching 4 people to run and jump it-I thought "I can do that" but I couldn't and kept smacking my leg on top of it....

I have been and tried again twice and have a success rate of 2-5 but at least I did get over it-

The 2 times I made It, I had changed sides of it...So for some reason I can jump it in one direction but not the other..........Soon as I figure out why I might increase my success rate....

• Like 1