Sign in to follow this  
Randomitsuki

SB Masters Natsu 2018 and World Championship Update

Ladies and gentleplayers,

the Natsu 2018 SB Masters Series results are online.

The Natsu 2018 Masters Series ended with the fourth career Green Mawashi of ScreechingOwl. The gaming gentleman won the yusho in Ozumo Bingo, got the sole jun-yusho in RotoSumo, as well as shared jun-yusho in Fantasy Sumo, Bench Sumo, and Sumo Game for a strong 59.43 points finish.
Pandaazuma got the shukun-sho for yushoing in Juryo Game and Sekitori Oracle. It's his seventh Outstanding Performance prize already, setting a new record number.
Gaming veteran Gaijingai gets his first career gino-sho for exhibiting prowess in daily games (double digits in ISP, shared jun-yusho in Bench Sumo) as well as in pre-basho games (RotoSumo yusho plus 5 points in Juryo Game).
The kanto-sho goes to Ganzohnesushi (his third Fighting Spirit Prize). He managed (mostly low) scores in no less than eight different games. That's even more than ScreechingOwl had!
Congratulations to all the winners!

Also updated were the standings of the Sumo Gaming World Championship 2018.

To the surprise of no one, Pandaazuma further extended his incredible leading margin over the mere mortals behind him. At half-time for the year, Susanoo already has a magnificent triple-digit score, but he already trails the Panda by a solid Green Mawashi score distance. All bow to His Pandness whose sumo-related prowess makes Hakuho look like a choirboy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Did Ganzohnesushi's mugshot vanish with the GDPR?

• Haha 2

Thanks for your exquisite work Rando-zeki!

I wonder where my Bulgarian flag disappeared?

Is it difficult to restore it?

Apart from the patriotic feelings -  this is the easiest way to look for my name and ranking.

Achiyama

8 hours ago, Achiyama said:

Thanks for your exquisite work Rando-zeki!

I wonder where my Bulgarian flag disappeared?

Is it difficult to restore it?

Apart from the patriotic feelings -  this is the easiest way to look for my name and ranking.

Achiyama

Thanks for notifying me. As this part of the Web page is generated automatically, I won't notice these details. Should be corrected now.

8 hours ago, Randomitsuki said:

Thanks for notifying me. As this part of the Web page is generated automatically, I won't notice these details. Should be corrected now.

Thanks Rando-zeki.

You’re the Best!

Danke to Randomitsuki for all the work he puts in on the numbers which make this all possible. And to Kakuryu surpassing expectations when I picked him in all the pre-basho games and Bench. I had good play, so so play, and awful play in the various games, but enough good play - and luck - to be wearing green for awhile.

I'd like to dedicate my yusho to the memory of Doreen Simmons. When I first was learning about sumo I was able to watch the NHK broadcast on a one day delay, and her vast store of knowledge was fascinating and informative. I wrote her a few emails later on and she was always timely and thoughtful in her replies. Although I congratulated her on her award in the thread on Sumo Forum, and I'm sure she saw that, I meant to send her a personal congratulations as well, and neglected to do it. So if there is anyone out there you want to tell something to, be sure and do it now. We never know when the opportunity will pass.

I look forward to matching wits and luck with everyone again in Nagoya and wish everyone a happy and healthy start of their summer. Thank you again, Randomitsuki.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Due to the very late mono-ii, the Natsu Masters results and the World Championship numbers were slightly off. The biggest change in terms of news is that Ganzohnesushi lost the Masters kanto-sho. The Fighting Spirit Prize now goes to Taka (his 3rd overall).

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1