Kintamayama

Videos Natsu 2018 - Days 1-15

11 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Yesterday's video already was much more "normal" and no complaints were registered.

Yet..

Just so you know, your videos are how we in the  MMA and BJJ forumsover in Brazil watch sumo. We've managed to build quite a community and your work allows us to enjoy the sport

So thanks  a lot buddy, youre the man

• Like 1

Tochinonada, Wakanosato and kimarite official...Kabutoyama? in the video booth. That's one question answered - I think I'd read before that the oyakata in the booth are the ones who make room for the chief shimpan in the rotation, but these two are actually from the shift that didn't work the sekitori divisions at all today.

Now I'm just curious if they covered both juryo and makuuchi, or if that duty is split, too...

Edited by Asashosakari

1 hour ago, Asashosakari said:

Kabutoyama?

Yes. He was also the commentator on "the other side" during Makuuchi today so that he could give some insight on the goings-on behind the scenes, including kimarite decisions and such.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

Every basho I'm tempted to start doing screenshots of oyakata in the commentary booth or being put into view during their official duties, as sort of a "what do they look like now" scrapbook...

Hopefully this is relevent here. For those who haven't already seen it, there's a vintage glimpse into the Shimpan/Kimarite room in this video. The whole video is a pretty enjoyable blast from the past in general I think too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Day 13:

Yo my jewish brother from another mother, you need a Patreon account so we can support what you do on a more stable basis. You can even add things like "pre-tournament analysis" for tiers of supporters, etc. That gives you a more stable revenue stream for the great work you do, instead of counting on sporadic donations via PayPal

Get a Patreon Ill be the first to sign up, Ive been watching your videos for years

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Igordemorais said:

Yo my jewish brother from another mother, you need a Patreon account so we can support what you do on a more stable basis. You can even add things like "pre-tournament analysis" for tiers of supporters, etc. That gives you a more stable revenue stream for the great work you do, instead of counting on sporadic donations via PayPal

Get a Patreon Ill be the first to sign up, Ive been watching your videos for years

Problem with that... 

Day 14-

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 14

(Holidayfeeling...) Happy  Birthday!  (Birthday!) and thanks for the videos! 

• Like 1

Many happy returns, Moti.

Don't much care about the quality of the video today. Main thing is you showed me the action. Thank you very much as always.

• Like 1

That's all folks!! Day 15 -Senshuraku. Special thanks to MB- without you this quality video would be but a dream.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 16

Wow, you’re fast! Sweat is still wet on the dohyo. Kintamayama, your videos are gold. Thanks so much for what you do. And thanks also to Mbovo if he’s reading this.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 01:23, Kawabata said:

Hopefully this is relevent here. For those who haven't already seen it, there's a vintage glimpse into the Shimpan/Kimarite room in this video. The whole video is a pretty enjoyable blast from the past in general I think too

Thanks !! Great to see Kaiou win "again" after all these years ! And by Makiotoshi... Great stuff by Mainoumi and the old Wakanohana...

Edited by slt

I really need to start coming here again. I'm "pukulu" on youtube.

Kintamayama's sumo videos are the most reliable way to see all the Makuuchi bouts. I try and make commentary on every bout if possible.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mokele said:

Kintamayama's sumo videos are the most reliable way to see all the Makuuchi bouts. I try and make commentary on every bout if possible.

And we all thank you for that..

4 hours ago, mokele said:

I remember you from araibira’s days. Good work.

Not honbasho, just blatant self-promotion. You have been warned.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Not honbasho, just blatant self-promotion. You have been warned.

Awesome vids of HaSixties ;) If we ever wanna form a Sumo fan band, we surely have a bassist/vocalist and I'll apply for guitarist/vocalist :)

Hopefully this is the most relevant place for this. Examples of the different Kimarite used in Natsu, thanks to Miselet for this video!

• Like 4