Jejima

Bench World Cup 2018

1 hour ago, Jejima said:

(Firstprize...)Krisachiyama (Brazil) 1-1, 1-1 (AET) 5-4 (PK) Furanohana (Uruguay)(Secondprize...)

Congratulation to Krisachiyama !!! I'm very happy of my tournament, as I didn't think I could finish si high.

43 minutes ago, furanohana said:

Congratulation to Krisachiyama !!! I'm very happy of my tournament, as I didn't think I could finish si high.

Thanks Furanohana on behalf of Krisachiyama.

Congrats for you success as well!

You are a tough competitor!

Whaw, I won. This is both unexpected and great :-)

Thanks and congrats to the French team, which was a perfect R team

Many thanks to Jejima for being a tough opponent in the Finals and the runner of this game, and to all the refiojis for the animation of the game

See you all for the next (exciting) tournament

(Cheers...)    (Yushowinner...)   (Bigfish...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bench World Cup 3rd/4th-Place Play-Off:

Pitinosato:

1. Belgium 2nd
2. Belgium  1st
3. England 1st
4. England 2nd
5. Belgium ET
6. England ET
7. Croatia (R ) (2nd
8. Croatia ET
9. Croatia 1st

Chijanofuji:

1. Belgium (2nd) ®
2. Belgium (ET)
3. France (ET)
4. France (1st)
5. France (2nd)
6. Belgium (1st)

1. W - W (0-1)

2. W - D (1-0)

3. L - D (0-0) [Pitinosato's chain broken]

4. L - W (0-1)

5. D - W (0-1)

6. D - W (0-1)

7. L - L (0-0)

8. D - L (0-0) [Chijanofuji's chain broken - game over]

9. L - L

Final score: Chijanofuji 4-1 Pitinosato

Many thanks to Jezz and all the other admins. I enjoyed the game as always!

11 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Bench World Cup 3rd/4th-Place Play-Off:

Final score: Chijanofuji 4-1 Pitinosato

I'm very proud to have finished 3rd in the 2018 Bench Sumo World Cup, almost as proud as my neighbors in Belgium are with their team finishing 3rd in the real World Cup!

Congratulations to overall Bench Cup winner Nantonoyama, runner-up Jejima and 4th placed Pitinosato; Bench Plate winner Krisachiyama and runner-up Furanohana; Bench Bowl winner Maeden and runner-up Benihana; Bench Saucer winner Kuroelwin and runner-up Fujiko; and very well done and thanks to everyone else who participated!

Many thanks to  the game's creator and Rijicho/Refioji Jejima and to all of the other Refioji Achiyama, Atenzan, Fukurou, Jakusotsu, Nekonishiki and Pandaazuma! You all have my sincere thanks for playing a vital part in managing a very enjoyable game which has added much to my enjoyment of the real world cup!

As for the real 2018 FIFA World Cup, I quite enjoyed the tournament! If I had to rank it according to its entertainment value I would put it in about 8th place out of the 21 tournaments that have now been completed. I have seen nearly all of the World Cup matches -as far as it was possible for me to do so- since 1974 (I own all of the official FIFA World Cup films on DVD - except the one for 2014 which was never released to the general public), and so 8th place is not bad - for comparison: I have Brazil 2014 ranked 10th and South Africa 2010 9th.

In my opinion France was the strongest team from the start and always were the odds on tournament favorites to win for me (it's why I chose them from the Yokozuna group) and so I feel they indeed deserved to win this World Cup (which hasn't happened that often), despite the fact that they almost always seemed to play with the handbrakes on, never really displayed full steam attacking football (which they are capable of), and always put the accent on their defense - too much so for my taste.

Belgium were the team that played the most enjoyable football in my opinion and I'm glad they ended up with a prize (if only the bronze medal). Croatia played a great tournament as well and I'm sorry they slightly ran out of steam in the final. England played above their ability, I feel, but they deserve many kudos for their well organized, disciplined approach (even though it lacked a certain "je ne sais quoi") and the enthusiasm of their fans. Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Portugal all disappointed in various ways. Portugal, Uruguay, Colombia, Sweden, Senegal, Denmark and Russia about played to their ability; Japan rose above expectations, and Poland and Germany were the biggest disappointments as far as I'm concerned.

Hope to see you all for a 2020 Bench Sumo edition of Euro 2020! It promises to be interesting already, not in the least because the real matches will be played in 12 different cities throughout Europe: Wembley Stadium (London, England) will host a total of 7 matches (including the semi-finals, the 3rd/4th place match and the final of the tournament). The opening match, 2 other group matches and a semi-final will take place at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy. The other host cities are Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Saint Petersburg (Russia), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Dublin (Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Glasgow (Scotland) and Copenhagen (Denmark).

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chijanofuji said:

Hope to see you all for a 2020 Bench Sumo edition of Euro 2020! It promises to be interesting already, not in the least because the real matches will be played in 12 different cities throughout Europe: Wembley Stadium (London, England) will host a total of 7 matches (including the semi-finals, the 3rd/4th place match and the final of the tournament). The opening match, 2 other group matches and a semi-final will take place at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy. The other host cities are Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Saint Petersburg (Russia), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Dublin (Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Glasgow (Scotland) and Copenhagen (Denmark).

That seems to be rather a lot of the prestigious matches for Wembley!  A bit of research, and I see it is because of Belgium dropping out from hosting.  I presume that Wembley gets the final etc, becuase it is the biggest venue, rather than anything else.  I am not sure that there will be a 3rd/4th play-off - unless the Euros are doing things differently in 2020...  (Will make the Bench Euros easier if they do!)

Edited by Jejima

34 minutes ago, Jejima said:

That seems to be rather a lot of the prestigious matches for Wembley!  A bit of research, and I see it is because of Belgium dropping out from hosting.  I presume that Wembley gets the final etc, becuase it is the biggest venue, rather than anything else.  I am not sure that there will be a 3rd/4th play-off - unless the Euros are doing things differently in 2020...  (Will make the Bench Euros easier if they do!)

You're right, there won't be a 3rd/4th place playoff match (there never has been at the European Championships). Wembley gets 3 group D matches, 1 match in the round of 16, both semi-finals and the final.

The other stadia generally have 3 or 4 matches. The complete schedule is already listed here at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Bench World Cup Finals
BWCF - Match 1
(Firstprize...)Nantonoyama (France) 2-0 Jejima (Costa Rica)(Secondprize...)
Refioji Achiyama

Bench World Cup 3rd/4th play-off

BWC 3rd/4th play-off - Match 2
(Thirdprize...)Chijanofuji (Belgium) 4-1 Pitinosato (Croatia)
Refioji Pandaazuma

Bench World Plate Finals
BWPF -  Match 3
(Firstprize...)Krisachiyama (Brazil) 1-1, 1-1 (AET), 5-4 (PK) Furanohana (Uruguay)(Secondprize...)
Refioji Jejima

Bench World Bowl Finals
BWBF - Match 4
(Secondprize...)Benihana (Sweden) 0-1 Maeden (Colombia)(Firstprize...)
Refioji Jakusotsu

Bench World Saucer Finals
BWSF Match 5
(Secondprize...)Fujiko (Tunisia) 0-0, 0-0 (AET), 6-7 (PK) Kuroelwin (Serbia)(Firstprize...)
Refioji Nekonishiki

On the plane home (economy):     
(Flyingaplane...) Kintamayama (Peru)
(Flyingaplane...) Finngall (Switzerland)
(Flyingaplane...) Boltono (England)
(Flyingaplane...) Haidouzo (Denmark)
(Flyingaplane...) Andonishiki (Germany)
(Flyingaplane...) Fujiyama (Morocco)
(Flyingaplane...) Fi Lik (Senegal)
(Flyingaplane...) Ganzohnesushi (Spain)

On the plane home (economy plus):
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Atenzan (Saudi Arabia)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Chocshoporyu (South Korea)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Suwihuto (Poland)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Crall (Egypt)

On the plane home (economy plus, with extra leg-room):
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Tanetakahiro (Nigeria) 
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Jakusotsu (Iceland) 

On the plane home (business class):
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Pandaazuma (Japan)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...) Polimasa (Iran)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...) Shatsume (Mexico)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...) Bae Dat (Argentina)

On the plane home (business class, with complimentary champagne):
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) chishafuwaku (Portugal)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Bozhanitakara (Australia)

On the plane home (first class):
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Nekonishiki (Russia)
(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) (Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...)(Flyingaplane...) Achiyama (Panama)

And now, the awards.....

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE PRIZE - THE GOLDEN BOOT AWARD
FINAL

The final standings for the Golden Boot are in, and the winner is... it's a TIE!

CHIJANOFUJI and NANTONOYAMA  both completed the tournament with 14 Goals Scored, so it's off to the goal differential tie breaker. Chijanofuji had 2 Goals Allowed, as did Nantonoyama, and so each has a Goal Differential of 12 goals. According to the rules,

CONGRATULATIONS TO

(Zabutonflying...)(Zabutonflying...) CHIJANOFUJI and NANTONOYAMA (Zabutonflying...)(Zabutonflying...)

(Firstprize...)CO-WINNERS OF THE GOLDEN BOOT AWARD! (Firstprize...)

(Thirdprize...) Furanohana takes the Bronze (Thirdprize...)

(Applauding...)(Applauding...)(Applauding...)

GROUP   R16     QF   SEMI   FINAL  TOTAL
    PLAYER          GS GA  GS GA  GS GA  GS GA  GS GA  GS GA
=============================================================
1.  Chijanofuji      6  0   2  1   2  0   0  0   4  1  14  2
    Nantonoyama      6  2   4  0   2  0   0  0   2  0  14  2
3.  Furanohana       6  2   3  1   0  1   1  1   1  1  11  6
4.  Krisachiyama     4  1   3  1   0  2   1  0   1  1   9  5
    Pitinosato       6  0   1  0   1  0   0  1   1  4   9  5
6.  Jejima           4  2   2  1   1  0   1  0   0  2   8  5
7.  Polimasa         7  2   1  3   0  1   x  x   x  x   8  6
8.  Maeden           4  1   0  1   1  0   1  0   1  0   7  2
9.  Nekonishiki      5  1   2  1   0  2   0  1   x  x   7  5
10. Fujiko           2  5   2  0   1  0   1  0   0  0   6  5
    Shatsume         5  2   1  2   0  1   x  x   x  x   6  5
12. Benihana         4  2   1  3   0  0   1  0   0  1   6  6
    Tanetakahiro     2  5   2  0   2  0   0  1   x  x   6  6
14. Bozhanitakara    4  2   0  1   1  0   0  1   x  x   5  4
15. chishafuwaku     4  2   1  2   0  0   0  1   x  x   5  5
    Finngall         4  3   1  2   x  x   x  x   x  x   5  5
17. Suwihuto         2  2   2  0   0  1   x  x   x  x   4  3
18. Achiyama         2  5   1  0   0  1   1  1   x  x   4  7
19. Kuroelwin        1  7   1  2   1  0   1  0   0  0   4  9
20. Andonishiki      1  2   2  1   x  x   x  x   x  x   3  3
    Pandaazuma       2  1   1  2   0  0   x  x   x  x   3  3
22. Jakusotsu        1  3   1  0   1  0   0  1   x  x   3  4
23. Boltono          3  3   0  2   x  x   x  x   x  x   3  5
24. Crall            0  5   3  0   0  1   x  x   x  x   3  6
    Ganzohnesushi    3  3   0  3   x  x   x  x   x  x   3  6
26. Chocshoporyu     0  4   2  1   0  1   x  x   x  x   2  6
27. Bae Dat          2  3   0  4   0  0   x  x   x  x   2  7
28. Haidouzo         2  6   0  2   x  x   x  x   x  x   2  8
29. Fujiyama         1  8   0  0   x  x   x  x   x  x   1  8
30. Kintamayama      0  2   0  1   x  x   x  x   x  x   0  3
31. Atenzan          0  3   0  0   0  2   x  x   x  x   0  5
32. Fi Lik           0  4   0  2   x  x   x  x   x  x   0  6

Moving on.....

THE GOLDEN GLOVES AWARD
FINAL

The final standings for the Golden Gloves are in, and the winner is... it's another TIE!

CHIJANOFUJI and NANTONOYAMA  both completed the tournament with 2 Goals Allowed, so it's off to the goal differential tie breaker (I think we know how this will turn out). Nantonoyama had 14 Goals Scored, as did Chijanofuji and so each has a Goal Differential of 12 goals. According to the rules,

CONGRATULATIONS TO

(Zabutonflying...)(Zabutonflying...) CHIJANOFUJI and NANTONOYAMA (Zabutonflying...)(Zabutonflying...)

(Firstprize...)CO-WINNERS OF THE GOLDEN GLOVES AWARD! (Firstprize...)

(Thirdprize...) Maeden takes the Bronze (Thirdprize...)

(Applauding...)(Applauding...)(Applauding...)

GROUP   R16     QF   SEMI   FINAL  TOTAL
    PLAYER          GA GS  GA GS  GA GS  GA GS  GA GS  GA GS
=============================================================
1.  Chijanofuji      0  6   1  2   0  2   0  0   1  4   2 14
    Nantonoyama      2  6   0  4   0  2   0  0   0  2   2 14
3.  Maeden           1  4   1  0   0  1   1  1   0  1   3  7
4.  Pitinosato       0  6   0  1   0  1   1  0   4  1   5  9
    Krisachiyama     1  4   1  3   2  0   0  1   1  1   5  9
6.  Jejima           2  4   1  2   0  1   0  1   2  0   5  8
7.  Fujiko           5  2   0  2   0  1   0  1   0  0   5  6
8.  Furanohana       2  6   1  3   1  0   1  1   1  1   6 11
9.  Benihana         2  4   3  1   0  0   0  1   1  0   6  6
10. Kuroelwin        7  1   2  1   0  1   0  1   0  0   9  4

(Cheers...)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

(Yushowinner...)

(Yushowinner...)

Great! How do we proceed? Do we take one shoe and one glove each?

• Haha 3