Jejima

Bench World Cup 2018

Group B
Round 2, Day 2

Match #1 featured Portugal (R) vs Portugal (C) in Slot 1. Portugal won vs Morocco but chishafuwaku's Portugal (R) gets the goal over Fujiyama's Portugal (c). Chishafuwaku's chain did not break in Slot 8 because Morocco (R) also lost in the same slot.

Meanwhile, in Match #2, Ganzohnesushi has run up the wins in Slots 1-3 (but only 1 guaranteed goal at the moment), while Polimasa's line-up has barely begun play, Iran's loss breaking her chain down in Slot 9.

image.png.0d66ea9b8cdae94e616241210271c0a8.png

Rules Note - FIFA Team Portugal defeated FIFA Team Morocco. In match #1, slot #1 the players both selected Porgutal, as an (R) by chishafuwaku, as a (C) by Fujiyama. According to Match Play Rule 3, for a match-up to be ignored both teams have to be (N) teams. That's not the case here, so the match counts. According to the Rule 5 scoring table for (R) vs (c) (situation 4), if both teams win then the (R) team scores a goal but no chains are broken.

Viel Glück!

Edited by Fukurou

3 hours ago, Nekonishiki Banji said:

Group D - Refioji Nekonishiki
Round 2 - Day 2

The first set of the matches is over. Bae Dat has Russia in the best possible position, but Pitinosato put Spain in Slot #1, therefore no goal is scored. The two losing teams are in good place now, at the ends of the line-ups. Bae Dat has also a secret winner in Slot #10, for every case. Score is 0:0 so far.

Not too much happened in the other match. Tanetakahiro's Saudi Arabia is in the very best place, as well as Jakusotsu's Portugal. Still anything can happen. ;-)

More excitement tomorrow.

WC2018_Round2_Day_1_2.jpg

Daddy Jejima - of course - wants Bae Dat to win!  But, until Bae Dat (and Fi Lik) are old enough to converse, they are aided by random picking (they get to press the buttons!). Looking at the round 2 l,ine-ups, I would say that Bae Dat has more chance than for round 1 (although Australia on 3rd slot may be the Achilles heel...)

• Like 1

Group G update:

No shock results last night led to a happy evening for Achiyama and Fujiko in their bouts. Achiyama has wins at 1 and 3 but he is not home and dry yet by any means. Fujiko has wins at 1, 4 and 5...with her C team at 1. Chijanofuji is barely off the mark but is still well in contention.

Early days.

9 hours ago, Jejima said:

Daddy Jejima - of course - wants Bae Dat to win!  But, until Bae Dat (and Fi Lik) are old enough to converse, they are aided by random picking (they get to press the buttons!). Looking at the round 2 l,ine-ups, I would say that Bae Dat has more chance than for round 1 (although Australia on 3rd slot may be the Achilles heel...)

Ah, that's it, a Baby-controlled randomizer (Noddingyes...)

As you said, in Round 2 he has a better lineup - but that's good, I don't want to win to easy !

Australia will be important - but Argentina today as well !!! I am not so sure they will beat Croatia....

Good luck,

Peter

I've been hit with a horrid head cold since we got back to Hong Kong, which kept me in bed yesterday afternoon and evening.

This morning and afternoon has been very busy with important chores.  I am still not feeling great, and my wife is suggesting that I go to bed, which I may well do.  But, I will catch up on all the stuff tomorrow morning.  (Fingers crossed!)

Group D - Refioji Nekonishiki
Round 2 - Day 3

Ah well..... I wanted to write some summary about today's matches, with some calculations and ifs, but now it has no sense, I believe.

Bae Dat began excellent, then there was a "not bad" continuation with Australia, and a "not so good" Slot #5 in the afternoon. Nothing looked to be lost yet.... and then the big bummer of the evening! Sorry, Little Peter, but since Argentina is your representative team, your chain has already broken, independently of whatever England will play.

The match is not over at all, now it's the other Peter's turn to collect as many goals as possible. His representative team is Croatia, but, not too surprisingly, it is in Slot #8 only, and anything can happen in the chain earlier.

As usually, there is still not too much to say about the second match. Tanetakahiro collected a draw in Slot #10. Jakusotsu has both the winning and losing team of the evening match, but not in that order which would be useful now. All his hopes are in Iceland now.

WC2018_Round2_Day_3.jpg

• Sad 1

Group B
Round 2, Day 3

Match #1 took a vacation from the tournament today, with the exception of Croatia's win for chishafuwaku down in Slot 9. OTOH...

France and, especially, Argentina have wreaked havoc with Polimasa's line-up in Match #2. Ganzohnesushi's line-up started hot on days 1 and 2, with wins in the first 3 slots. Polimasa's team finally got seriously into play on day 3 - France's (C) win didn't help in Slot 1, because Ganzohnesushi's Spain (R) had already won in the same slot. No chain breaks, but goal to Ganzohnesushi. Then Argentina lost and, best case, Polimasa's team is looking at a possible broken chain in Slot 3 with no possibility of scoring any goals in Slot 2. 

image.png.d9562845c6921aa0cab3773d4ce65614.png

Bonne chance!

Here is the scoring in Group "F" after the completion of the first 7 matches. Too early to call:

MATCH #1

CHOCSHOPORYU   SHATSUME

SQUAD Goals   SQUAD Goals
  1. Germany       1. England  
  2. England       2. Uruguay            W
  3. Belgium ( C )       3. Mexico ( R )  
  4. Colombia       4. Spain            W
  5. Egypt             L     5. Belgium  
  6. Switzerland       6. Poland  
  7. Poland       7. Australia            D
  8. Japan       8. Nigeria  
  9. South Korea ( R )       9. Sweden ( C )  
10. Sweden     10. Japan  
11. Saudi Arabia -   11. Saudi Arabia -

MATCH #2

ANDONISHIKI   BENIHANA

1. Portugal            W     1. Sweden ( R )  
  2. Argentina             L     2. Mexico ( C )  
  3. Germany ( R )       3. Germany  
  4. Mexico       4. Argentina  
  5. Russia            W     5. Portugal            W
  6. Iceland       6. Uruguay            W
  7. Costa Rica       7. Poland  
  8. Senegal       8. Iceland  
  9. Australia            D     9. Japan  
10. Croatia           W   10. Australia            D
11. Saudi Arabia ( C )              L   11. Panama  

Edited by Achiyama

Here is the scoring in Group "H" after the completion of the first 7 matches.

Here is the scoring in Group "H" after the completion of the first 7 matches.

The 2nd match between droning Suwihuto and Maeden is too early to call.

MATCH #1

PANDAAZUMA   FI  LIK

1. Portugal  0          W     1. Russia  0          W
  2. Uruguay ( C )  1          W     2. Morocco               L
  3. Germany       3. Belgium  
  4. Argentina               L     4. Panama  
  5. Switzerland       5. Colombia  
  6. Japan ( R )       6. Senegal ( R )  
  7. Poland       7. England  
  8. Sweden       8. France              W
  9. Egypt               L     9. South Korea  
10. Iran               L   10. Switzerland ( C )  
11. Saudi Arabia               L     9. Egypt               L
WINNER     LOSER 0

MATCH #2

SUWIHUTO   MAEDEN

1. Belgium       1. Germany  
  2. Mexico        2. Nigeria ( C )  
  3. Brazil       3. Mexico  
  4. England -     4. England -
  5. Poland ( R )       5. Argentina               L
  6. Uruguay              W     6. Japan  
  7. Sweden       7. Colombia ( R )  
  8. Morocco               L     8. Australia               D
  9. Egypt ( C )               L     9. Saudi Arabia               L
10. Saudi Arabia               L   10. Poland  
11. South Korea       8. Sweden  

Edited by Achiyama

Andonishiki will be hoping his luck won't be extended into Nagoya basho, I expect! :-O

Is this round 2 or round 3?  If so, I’m not droning for either. Please see our two PM thread on June 15. 

MAEDEN

Edited by kawika
Missing my shikona

44 minutes ago, kawika said:

Is this round 2 or round 3?  If so, I’m not droning for either. Please see our two PM thread on June 15. 

MAEDEN

I think Achiyama means Suwihito is droning, not you. ;)

• Thanks 1

Yes. I read it before my coffee this morning 

Hi all,

Finally have a chance to catch up on the Bench World Cup.

First of all, we need to clear up the matter of the wrong team entered into a line-up for round 1.  I was sure that I had covered such an instance happening in the rules, but looking at them now, I can see that I did not.  

I will update the rules to include the following.

I am purposefully NOT checking the actual match before writing the following, so as not to be biased.

From memory, I was expecting to read something along the following lines regarding illegal teams in a line-up - (I will add something along this basis to the official rules)....

A refioji should award the player concerned a red card, but try to contact him/her in time to let them know of the mistake, and ask them to correct the line-up in time.

If a player fails to re-send a correct line-up to the refioji before the deadline, the refioji needs to remove the illegal team(s) concerned from the chain, and move the remaining legal teams up the chain accordingly.  The team(s) that was on the player's squad that was omitted is then added to the end of the chain.  If more than one legal team is missing from the chain, they are to be added in order of the 'droning rules' (see rule 9.)

My apologies for this mess-up.  It was entirely due to me being away (I would normally have double-checked every player's line-up for the first round), and for me not anticipating this situation when writing the rules (I usually pride myself of thinking of all eventualities, no matter how obscure. :-().

Many thanks to Fukurou (who is doing an excellent job) for stepping in at the last minute to be a refioji for this group.  I hope that this experience has not put you off!

Okay, I will update the official rules, and then look at the round 1 match concerned, and work out the result accordingly.

Edited by Jejima
  • Like 1

This was the original line-up....

Fujiyama: 1. Colombia, 2. Sweden, 3. Brazil, 4. Poland, 5. Germany, 6. Portugal (C), 7. Morocco (R), 8. Argentina, 9. Egypt, 10. Iran, 11. Saudi Arabia
Polimasa: 1. England, 2. Argentina, 3. France (C), 4. Poland, 5. Sweden, 6. Nigeria, 7. Iran (R), 8. Croatia, 9. Costa Rica, 10. Panama, 11. Switzerland

The incorrect team in Fujiyama's line-up is Brazil (the first sub for the squad). The missing team is Switzerland. I genuinely believe that this was a mistake, as the squad has Switzerland and Sweden as neighbours, and I think the 'Sw' might easily cause one to mistake the two teams as one.

So, we remove Brazil from Fujiyama's line-up, and move up the remaining teams, and add Swizterland to the end of the chain. 

The corrected match line-up is:-

Fujiyama: 1. Colombia, 2. Sweden, 3. Poland, 4. Germany, 5. Portugal (C), 6. Morocco (R), 7. Argentina, 8. Egypt, 9. Iran, 10. Saudi Arabia, 11. Switzerland
Polimasa: 1. England, 2. Argentina, 3. France (C), 4. Poland, 5. Sweden, 6. Nigeria, 7. Iran (R), 8. Croatia, 9. Costa Rica, 10. Panama, 11. Switzerland  

I will work out the final result now....

Here is the official final result....

Fujiyama: 1. Colombia, 2. Sweden, 3. Poland, 4. Germany, 5. Portugal (C), 6. Morocco (R), 7. Argentina, 8. Egypt, 9. Iran, 10. Saudi Arabia, 11. Switzerland

Fujiyama's chain breaks in the first slot, and Polimasa scores a goal! Nothing happens in slot 2. In slot 3, Polimasa scores a second goal! Nothing happens in slot 4. Polimasa scores a third goal in slot 5! Nothing happens in slot 6. Polimasa amazingly scores two goals in slot 7! And another goal in slot 8!  Then her luck runs out, as her chain is broken in slot 9, and the game ends.

I make the final score:  Fujiyama 0 - 6 Polimasa

Omedetou for the big win!  (Please can a senior refioji check my calculations, as I am feeling rusty - and let me know by PM if you disagree.)

44 minutes ago, Jejima said:

Here is the official final result....

Fujiyama's chain breaks in the first slot, and Polimasa scores a goal! Nothing happens in slot 2. In slot 3, Polimasa scores a second goal! Nothing happens in slot 4. Polimasa scores a third goal in slot 5! Nothing happens in slot 6. Polimasa amazingly scores two goals in slot 7! And another goal in slot 8!  Then her luck runs out, as her chain is broken in slot 9, and the game ends.

I make the final score:  Fujiyama 0 - 6 Polimasa

Omedetou for the big win!  (Please can a senior refioji check my calculations, as I am feeling rusty - and let me know by PM if you disagree.)

The junior refioji concurs after using this recalculation as a training exercise.

Edited by Fukurou

3 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

I think Achiyama means Suwihito is droning, not you. ;)

Not only what I meant, but this is what I wrote:

Suwihuto gets an yellow card for droning.

Group G update:

Argentina's loss  has broken Achiyama's chain in the 5-slot, but Boltono has Argentina at 4 and would need a Colombia loss to avoid being broken in turn. At this point his only hope is an England win and Colombia loss, along with at least a draw between Costa Rica and Brazil. Not impossible, but fairly unlikely.

Fujiko stumbled a little with the Denmark draw at 3, and she could be in trouble if Costa Rica don't deliver. Looks like today's game will give us some decisive outcomes in both Group G matches.

4 minutes ago, Achiyama said:

Not only what I meant, but this is what I wrote:

Suwihuto gets an yellow card for droning.

This is not the sentence I meant. I read a sentence in your post that went something like: "...the droning Suwihito and Maeden...", which led to the confusion, but that sentence no longer appears to be in the post. So either I dreamed it, or you edited your post to remove it.

Anyway...the confusion appears to have been cleared up now. So no prob.

• Thanks 1

You are speechless, are you?? What a surprise!! Is it ever possible for you to take something other than as a personal attack? I simply told you what I read.  Why would I lie or make it up? You could have just said that you thought I was mistaken without getting your knickers in a twist. Maybe Maeden can shed light on it as he probably read it too. In the meantime, I will stop pointing out the errors or anomalies in your posts from now on, because you don't seem to have the ability to have a discussion without hysterics.

I think it was this quote that Maeden (and later Pandaazuma) were refering to....

The 2nd match between droning Suwihuto and Maeden is too early to call.

8 minutes ago, Achiyama said:

It’s imposible to have read what you are suggesting.

I really edited the posting, but it has nothing to do with the droning.

It was about Note 1 for the color of the teams which are out of play which was added.

I am speechless.

Even if something is edited you have to read the posting before writing your critique.

Edited by Jejima