Asojima

Live Streaming - Haru 18

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

There are a lot of live stream viewing options for the Haru Basho.

The old standbys,  Konan NHK G, Konan NHK BS, qq, and UBS are all available.  Mbovo has also returned.

Abema is back for those willing to play the VPN game.

The new player for Haru is NHK World which will provide live Makuuchi with English commentary.

Mbovo normally starts at about 2:45 PM JST with NHK BS and then shifts to NHK G.  It features high quality video and a chat connection used by some of our members.

Konan NHK G provides live coverage from mid-Juryo through Makuuchi.  It has changed the site it mirrors to a JWPlayer site. Coverage starts at about 3:10PM JST unless it gets preempted by political or breaking news activity.

Konan NHK BS goes active at about 1:15PM JST with early Makushita when it is available.  Konan has been having trouble keeping its connection to the JWplayer site that provides this coverage.

qq mirrors the Abema feed.  Coverage normally starts at about 2:00PM JST, but it is unpredictable..

UBS is still going.  It normally covers Makuuchi only with Mongolian commentary.  Start time is about 4:00PM JST.

The NHK World live coverage is new.  So far, it is only scheduled for Day1 Makuuchi with a start time of about 4:15PM JST.  There are hints that it may expand to additional days.

Abema is a commercially available site which is normally available in Japan, but it can be acquired using a VPN.  Coverage includes ALL divisions with some commercial breaks. See the forum link for additional details.

The old mov3 site has been contaminated with click spots that download virus contaminated malware and insert several very persistent sites in Firefox.  Avoid this site.

When all else fails, there is Bull Sumo.

Use this topic to record/comment on coverage availability for Haru.  Use other topics to discuss the content of the matches.

Edited by Asojima
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

sesom    52

NHK will start broadcasting at 5 PM JST on day 1, tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, they will probably broadcast about that for the whole afternoon. 

mbovo    66
Posted (edited)

I'll go live on yt in 10 minutes when BS1 starts its coverage.

edit: BS1 looks not to keep their promised schedule but will instead show their national paralympic ice hockey team get beaten up by USA. :'-(

edit2: Wow, that was quick, I got busted by yt in 10 minutes, back to Twitch now !

Edited by mbovo
  • Thanks 1

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 1 - NHK-BS went active with the Makuuchi Dohyo-iri at about 3:45JST.  See MBovo or Konan BS.
-         Abema  has been active since about 09:30 JST
-         UBS appears to be skipping sumo.
-         qq is active by 4:20 JST with the Abema coverage
-         NHK-G is preempting sumo, but NHK BS is picking up the slack.
-         qq was frozen for several matches, but it is now active again.
-         NHK World is scheduled to start its sumo streaming at 5:10PM JST.
-         Konan NHK-G went live with sume at 6:00PM JST (with its normal 3.5 minute delay.)
-         With NHK-G active, NHK-BS dropped its sumo coverage and Mbovo switched to NHK-G.

Edited by Asojima

Asojima    1,855

Konan seems to have abandoned the Russian site that it was mirroring from.  It is now using jwplayer for all of its Japanese channels.

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 2 - Konan NHK-BS active by 1:45 PM JST in mid-makushita.
-            Mbovo active at about 2:45 PM JST in early Juryo.
-            qq active at about 3:00 PM JST with Abema in Juryo.
-            UBS active with makuuchi at 4:00 PM JST  with a new link.  The old one seems to have died.
-            NHK-G is preempting sumo for the para-olympics
-            At 5:00 PM, NHK-G shifted to sumo.  Konan NHK-G picked up the sumo, and NHK-BS shifted to golf, and Mbovo went to NHK-G.

The daily streaming pattern appears to be setting up to match the one we saw in Hatsu.  NHK-G is preempting for the para-olympics.  It may shift to a mid-Juryo start as the basho progresses.  NHK-BS is starting early and shifting to other programming when NHK-G goes active.  qq is mirroring the Abema channel, but it is starting a bit later for now. UBS is going through another one of its identity crises.

Edited by Asojima

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 3 - Konan NHK-BS active at 1:00 PM JST in Low Makushita
-            Mbovo active at 2:55 PM JST with first Juryo match (Enho).
-            UBS active in Makuuchi at 4:05PM JST.  Still no qq activity for day 3.  NHK-G still on olympics.

Edited by Asojima

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 4 - Konan NHK-BS active again at 1:00 PM JST in High Sandanme.
-            Konan NHK-G started the olympics at 1:00PM.  It will probably delay its sumo coverage.
-            qq showed day2 Abema coverage and day 3 NHK G coverage early in the day.  It may be shifting to NHK G for the rest of the basho
-           Mbovo active at about 2:45PM JST in early Juryo.

Edited by Asojima

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 5 - Konan NHK-BS active probably at 1:00 PM JST. The olympics continue on NHK-G.
-            Mbovo active at about 2:40 PM JST in very high Makushita using NHK-BS.
-            Konan NHK-G went to sumo at 3:00PM JST. NHK-BS shifted to normal non-sumo programming.
-            qq activated Abema sumo coverage at about 3:00 PM.

Edited by Asojima

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 6 - Konan NHK-BS active  at 1:00 PM JST. The olympics continue on NHK-G.
-            UBS Stream is back.  Sumo should start at about 4:00PM JST. (I don't get it on Firefox.  Chrome and IE are OK.)
-            Mbovo active at about 2:30PM JST.

Edited by Asojima

mbovo    66
Posted (edited)

Bad news. If their programme guide is right NHK G will start live sumo at 4:25PM today (not even full Makunouchi) while NHK BS 1 is showing no sumo at all this weekend.

I guess it's time for Abema TV.

Edit: WTF??? Let's say I do (although I NEVER will) understand that paralympic games, baseball, volleyball, football, ALL sorts of ball games are ahead of Japan's National Sport, but for f*ck's sake, NHK G is showing a f*cking MOVIE. WTF is that all about???

Edited by mbovo
more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gernobono    188

ubs and qq showing sumo

alongside abema, of course

mbovo    66
5 minutes ago, Gernobono said:

ubs and qq showing sumo

alongside abema, of course

Not the same quality though and that's not even the point. How is Sumo not on TV?

Akinomaki    16,821
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mbovo said:

Not the same quality though and that's not even the point. How is Sumo not on TV?

It wasn't shown on the NHK program list, but was properly aired on BS 102

It's always listed on the sumo schedule: http://www2.nhk.or.jp/hensei/program/query.cgi?f=kwd&area=001&qt=大相撲

Edited by Akinomaki

yutarotanaka    62

If I'm reading this right, according to NHK Premium's website, the sumo coverage for sumo earlier today and tomorrow will be all of top division. But from Monday to Friday, the broadcast wil only cover the second half of the top division matches. :-O I wonder why they would cut their coverage at this time? 

Hopefully, I only misinterpreted reading their schedule table/spreadsheet. 

mbovo    66
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

It wasn't shown on the NHK program list, but was properly aired on BS 102

It's always listed on the sumo schedule: http://www2.nhk.or.jp/hensei/program/query.cgi?f=kwd&area=001&qt=大相撲

Unfortunately I don't have access to BS 102. :(

8 hours ago, yutarotanaka said:

If I'm reading this right, according to NHK Premium's website, the sumo coverage for sumo earlier today and tomorrow will be all of top division. But from Monday to Friday, the broadcast wil only cover the second half of the top division matches. :-O I wonder why they would cut their coverage at this time? 

Hopefully, I only misinterpreted reading their schedule table/spreadsheet. 

Not sure about NHK Premium but I've just checked NHK G and NHK BS 1, next week they will cover the action on weekdays from 1PM JST. I hven't checked next weekend though but I'm afraid they will find something more interesting to show again...

Anyway, tomorrow (or this afternoon in Asia) NHK G will start at 3:05 PM JST and so will I.

Edited by mbovo
  • Thanks 3

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 10 - Konan NHK-BS active at 1:00 PM JST in high Sandanme.
-              Mbovo active at about 2:50 PM.
-              Konan NHK-G active at 3:08 PM JST.  NHK-BS shifted to other programming.

Edited by Asojima

mbovo    66

Twitch is down :( Fingers crossed my channel still exists.

Naganoyama    2,165
Posted (edited)

I can still see your channel. Three videos still there.

Edit: make that 4.

Edited by Naganoyama

mbovo    66

Yes. It was a general problem on twitch for a few minutes, after that, I managed to carry on. Now I'll delete the incomplete pieces and try to upload the whole thing in full.

• Thanks 2

mbovo    66

For whatever reason (if any) BS1 decided to completely ignore sumo again so I'll start at 3:05PM JST with NHK G.

Asojima    1,855
Posted (edited)

Day 12 - Konan NHK-BS is back.  Possibly as early as 1:00PM JST
-              Mbovo active at about 2:45PM
-              Konan NHK-G active at about 3:05PM.  NHK-BS off to other stuff.
-              qq active with NHK-G vice Abema

Edited by Asojima