Kintamayama

Videos and promo-Haru 2018 - Days 1-15

Moti: Day 3 vid, what an effort! Extra deluxe to your usual excellency. And Gyoji Day!!!

(Supporting a certain wrestling shinto referee makes me feel so ultimately hipster, I simply have to move to Berlin, Bratislava, Bilbao or wherever the smoothiest smoothies are now served after a long and sickeningly creative day at yet another random start-up.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yamanashi said:

Heh, heh ... "moujou".

I briefly considered having a minor rant about that, but then I thought better of it. I always lose the argument anyway...

Thank you very much, Moti, as always.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

I briefly considered having a minor rant about that, but then I thought better of it. I always lose the argument anyway...

Thank you very much, Moti, as always.

It was a self deprecating joke, RJ.

35 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

It was a self deprecating joke, RJ.

So was my post!

Day 5- a third of the basho behind us and I'm happy to say M and myself are getting into a great routine and are able to bring you some excellent quality videos in a timely manner. Granted, the vids are becoming a minute or two longer but I think it's worth it. I remember when they were about 8-9 minutes long. Now we are in the 16 minute range..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Day 5- a third of the basho behind us and I'm happy to say M and myself are getting into a great routine and are able to bring you some excellent quality videos in a timely manner. Granted, the vids are becoming a minute or two longer but I think it's worth it. I remember when they were about 8-9 minutes long. Now we are in the 16 minute range..

Yes. It's true. 
These videos are really useful for newcomers like me.

Thanks

• Like 2

Day 6 Juryo. there was a lot of action, so I convinced myself it was worth a napless Friday afternoon..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

video request: Day 8 Wakanofuji vs Shoji -- Kintamayama's  (as well as Haidouzo/Saruyama's) TORCH match!

24 minutes ago, orandashoho said:

Enho's bout against Yago,

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, orandashoho said:

Tobizaru's bout against Takagenji

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Day 7:

Someone has been watching Abema TV. ;-)   I certainly appreciate the fact that Abema doesn't always cut away or zoom way out when the kensho banners are paraded, and the high definition allows viewers to read the banners.  The added provision of kensho total values is a nice touch too.

4 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Someone has been watching Abema TV. ;-)   I certainly appreciate the fact that Abema doesn't always cut away or zoom way out when the kensho banners are paraded, and the high definition allows viewers to read the banners.  The added provision of kensho total values is a nice touch too.

I deny everything. 

Is there any way to see Naya's bouts from Jonokuchi? I confess I haven't done any extensive searching, but the usual places don't seem to have anything available.

On 15.3.2018 at 12:24, Kintamayama said:

I remember when they were about 8-9 minutes long. Now we are in the 16 minute range..

The older he gets, the longer he lasts. Living the dream.

• Haha 2

Two thoughts after viewing day 8:

First, Kimura Konosuke has changed. He only whispers the hands-down command, if he bothers at all. Personally, I find that sad, because his previous double command (first louder, then very reduced) used to be the perfect lead into the total focus of the split-second before tachi-ai (in this way perfectly assisting the rikishi to synchronize). Also his in-bout commands are now extremely minimized but at the same time so clear and pronounced that he not only seems elevated above all action but more like an orchestra conductor. That is the bright side. In comparison to his peers his style is now so grounded and commanding that you have to think of him as a Yokozuna of gyoji. His whole presence atop the dojyo is a magnificent piece of art.

Secondly, very visible today was the well-known character-split of Kakuryu: before the bout a peaceful ocean, in bout a hurricane, with the conclusion of the bout a willow after a storm. Wonderful.

Edited by yorikiried by fate
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, yorikiried by fate said:

First, Kimura Konosuke has changed. He only whispers the hands-down command, if he bothers at all. Personally, I find that sad, because his previous double command (first louder, then very reduced) used to be the perfect lead into the total focus of the split-second before tachi-ai (in this way perfectly assisting the rikishi to synchronize). Also his in-bout commands are now extremely minimized but at the same time so clear and pronounced that he not only seems elevated above all action but more like an orchestra conductor.

For which I am grateful. I know he has his fans, but I always found his antics disturbing.

• Like 1