Kintamayama

GTB- the game that plays you..

Rocks    672

@Gurowake Interesting you seem to have mostly the guy with the lesser wins at the same rank on the East. I see that happened last basho but the opposite the previous one. I wonder what they'll go with this time? I favored the guy who had more wins placed at the same rank getting the East spot.

Andonishiki    110

Question I can‘t get out of my mind...          maybe some of you have an answer.

Let‘s take for example Ikioi. I think he’s strong enough to get kk in Haru, so should have no real fear of demotion. What difference does it make to him (and his stablemaster) if he‘s ranked M13e, M13w or M14e ? 

is there a difference in salary ? or benefits ?

He will meet the same aite on the dohyo over the 15 days, he probably wont get a kinboshi chance and even a 6-9 mk shud keep him in MU in Natsu. So probably he doesnt care at all about one or two spots up or not. He’s been much higher before already and none of his stablemates are close to him on the banzuke. Why should he care much ? It is just a matter of pride for him ? But it‘s his job, he did it for many years and (almost) all the guys around him on the banzuke are probably his „friends“ or at least ‚working colleagues‘. Remember how many days a year they spend together (incl all the jungyos)... 

I assume Ikioi doesnt care at all this time.......... if he plays GtB however, then he will ;0)))

Rocks    672
6 hours ago, Andonishiki said:

Question I can‘t get out of my mind...          maybe some of you have an answer.

Let‘s take for example Ikioi. I think he’s strong enough to get kk in Haru, so should have no real fear of demotion. What difference does it make to him (and his stablemaster) if he‘s ranked M13e, M13w or M14e ? 

is there a difference in salary ? or benefits ?

He will meet the same aite on the dohyo over the 15 days, he probably wont get a kinboshi chance and even a 6-9 mk shud keep him in MU in Natsu. So probably he doesnt care at all about one or two spots up or not. He’s been much higher before already and none of his stablemates are close to him on the banzuke. Why should he care much ? It is just a matter of pride for him ? But it‘s his job, he did it for many years and (almost) all the guys around him on the banzuke are probably his „friends“ or at least ‚working colleagues‘. Remember how many days a year they spend together (incl all the jungyos)... 

I assume Ikioi doesnt care at all this time.......... if he plays GtB however, then he will ;0)))

As far as salary or benefits there is no difference and just from that point or pride I don't think they care much, especially East or West. But every spot down the banzuke is one spot closer to Juryo. Each spot would require 1 more win theoretically to stay out of Juryo. Every win is tough to get, throw in the fact Ikioi was injured last basho and it's even tougher. Assuming a score, short of KK, is good enough isn't a good strategy and hard on the nerves. A 6-9 is usually okay but now you are relying on there not being many doing well at the top of Juryo. Your fate is out of your hands once you go MK. I'm sure Ikioi is much more concerned about getting his KK next basho than whether he is ranked M13 or M14 . But if he doesn't get it then it always helps to be farther up the banzuke. Especially when you are 31 and there are young guys coming up in droves to take your spot. 

• Like 1

Rocks    672

Tachiai.org picks: https://tachiai.org/2018/02/10/haru-banzuke-crystal-ball/

Pretty similar to mine except for the East-West designations. M8-M12 seems to be where the winner will be determined this time. Seems like everyone has the same thing for M14-M17 except for differences in East-West.

Fujisan    184

Badly wrong with the Ozekis but based on the entrries posted here I made the right decision with the Juryo promotions..

Myogiryu,Hidenoumi and Aoiyama..........

Of course we could all be wrong and Kyokutaisei could be in and Aoiyama out...-

Normally I dont post mine but thats usually because I cant find it......

Have a laugh on me.....

My entry...

Kakuryu    Y1    Hakuho

Kisenosato Y2

Goeido Oz   Takayasu

Mitakeumi  s   Tochinoshin

Ichinojo    K   Tamawashi (Another where I disagree with everyone else)

Chiyotairyu   M1  Endo

Arawashi      M2   Takarafuji

Kotoshogiku M3   Takakeisho

Shohozan    M4   Chiyomaru

Shodai        M5    Onosho

Hokutofuji   M6    Kaisei

Yoshikaze  M7    Kagayaki

Abi             M8    Okinoumii

Daiesho     M9    Chiyoshoma

Chiyonokui M10 Tochiozan

Yutakayama M11 Ryuden

Kotoyuki      M12  Daishomaru

Ikioi            M13    Ishiura

Sokokurai  M14   Asanoyama

Nishikigi    M15 Myogiryu

Daiamami M16 Hidenoumi

Aoiyama   M17

Please tell me where I go wrong and I may get better.....