It's raining men salt! Hallelujah!

LUZo3Cw.jpg

who's going to try to identify the gyöji? :-D

Edited by luispereira
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Shikimori Kandayu, I think.

Edit: Or it could be Kimura Tamajiro...

They're both sanyaku gyogi (orange rosettes) and I always get them mixed up.

Edited by RabidJohn
Second thoughts

No buttocks, no boobies, no belly hair? I'm out.

EDIT: No, i lied. Gyojiing from the outfit it indeed is Shikimori Kandayu.

Maybe a small hint who'll be the 38th Kimura Shonosuke, although i'd prefer Kimura Konosuke to rise up.

Edited by Benihana
  • Like 1

The selection of the gyoji hints that the think there is a good chance of no Yokozuna appearing in Haru?

4 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

Well, we know what gyogi it isn't. 

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

The selection of the gyoji hints that the think there is a good chance of no Yokozuna appearing in Haru?

I think it's more to do with Shikimori Inosuke being suspended/resigning.

40 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

I think it's more to do with Shikimori Inosuke being suspended/resigning.

I doubt they would mean to call attention to that. It could be meant to suggest that the possible yusho winner is wide open. I say it's extremely likely Kisenosato doesn't show. I'd put Kakuryu at less than 50% chance of showing considering he just had ankle surgery and he's bought himself some time with an 11-4. The only one that seems likely to show is Hakuho but he is also injured and won't be getting paid for the March basho. He has won 3 of the last 5 yusho so no big pressure to prove he hasn't lost it.   I'd put it likely at best Hakuho is the only one to show and if he gets 2 losses early he'll pull out. 

6 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

They're both sanyaku gyogi (orange rosettes) and I always get them mixed up.

Both with orange tassels, but i don't think they swap outfits. And Kandyu's got a slightly wider rear end than Tamajiro. Yesss, saved the day, identified gyoji by comparing their bum size.

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

The photos used here vary widely.  It is not unusual to have a non-yokozuna subject.

Sorry, I've missed something. Can someone explain why will Hakuho not be paid for the next basho? Thanks in advance.

By the way, looks like Haru was a quick sell-out.

Edited by since_94
add info

1 hour ago, since_94 said:

Sorry, I've missed something. Can someone explain why will Hakuho not be paid for the next basho? Thanks in advance.

By the way, looks like Haru was a quick sell-out.

That was his punishment for his part in the Harumafuji scandal. They felt he didn't do enough to stop it which is unbecoming a dai-yokozuna. 

3 hours ago, Rocks said:

That was his punishment for his part in the Harumafuji scandal. They felt he didn't do enough to stop it which is unbecoming a dai-yokozuna. 

I see. Thanks for cluing me in.

4 hours ago, Rocks said:

You sure about that? I seem to remember Hakuho was docked the whole of January's salary and half of February's.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

You sure about that? I seem to remember Hakuho was docked the whole of January's salary and half of February's.

Maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was 3 full months for him and 1 1/2 months for Kakuryu.

Shikimori Kandayu about the poster: "Blue-green gives the effect to have a big body look firm like a rikishi." Many of his outfits are in those colors, because since he was a young boy, he loves to keep green turtles (pond slider) - the costume on the poster is from last year Natsu. http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/column/sumo/news/201803190000487.html

• Like 1