Kaninoyama

Osunaarashi scandal

I never write anything about an athlete that I wouldn’t say to their face. 

Edited by John Gunning
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I thought the article was very well written. A healthy dose of criticism and tough love here and there. Sometimes, you just have to keep it a hundred and say what needs to be said rather than sugar-coat it. Hopefully, it will light a fire back up in Osunaarashi and help him back on track with his life and career.

There surely must be people that give financial advice to rikishi when they come into their sudden sekitori affluence. People who can help them adjust their lives sensibly, with an eye on what they would like to do later when it is all over.
Sure, they'll all say they want to get to the top.  But look at the masses that couldn't stay in the Kyokai and had nothing to fall back on... and Oosunaarashi hasn't assimilated enough language to manage an ordinary job. It would have been an ill service to him if he hadn't been protected from squandering what he might be able to save or invest.

Osunaarashi will make his MMA debut under this (hiragana) fighting name, likely at the RIZIN event on Sep. 30th against some bigwig foreign fighter. He trained since early April at the GRABAKA gym and left fore the US on May 1st to get instructed by Josh Barnett

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/996433/

0f099666ff94c4328dfaf27b4b8fa3b1.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not surprised to say the least, there's always money in MMA. Wish him the best. Maybe he and Baruto can have a match sometime.

Wonder what this means... One of the commenters said "When is your next fight?" and he responded "Bigger news ;)"

Can anyone gather anything from the non-english text and comments?

Posted (edited)

My first thought was that maybe he'll be representing Egypt at the world amateur championship later this year in Osaka, but not sure if that's bigger news than him having another MMA fight. Maybe giving Puroresu a shot? We'll see I guess...

Edited by Katooshu

See my quote above.

I was just wondering what happened to him after someone mentioned him in the “rikishi you miss” post, guess we’ll find out soon.

Posted (edited)

I noticed his Twitter has his location as California. Not that it matters much in this internationalized world we live in, but I do think there are a lot of pro wrestling schools out there...

or maybe acting of some sort?

or maybe he’s in north California doing seasonal agriculture work now? Ready to start the harvest?

Edited by Churaumi

Oh FFS, he was announcing the end of Ramadan.

How could anyone slightly conscious of the season miss that?!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Otokonoyama said:

Oh FFS, he was announcing the end of Ramadan.

Haha not quite the same Eid I'm afraid

1 hour ago, Nantonoyama said:

Haha not quite the same Eid I'm afraid

It was Eid-al-Adha. Sacrifice day

One of Muslim’s celebration, it is on the month of Dzulhidjah (12th month of Islamic calendar). People took pilgrimage to Mecca (going Haji) during this season. 

In my country, the Eid-al-Adha is also called “Lebaran Haji” due to Haji pilgrimage, quite different than Eid-al-Fitr that is called “Lebaran Puasa” (due to fasting in Ramadan month)

Ramadan ended yonks ago...maybe he’s hajjing (sorry to all Muslims everywhere if that’s not an acceptable verb) this year?

McGG, you don't see the irony in a situation where a so-called verboten discussion is useful? I'm a moderate. I'll allow it.  Peace out.

• Confused 1

The association of "religion" with "enlightenment" caused my "confused" reaction. That's all there is to it :)
Yes, peace out.