Kaninoyama

Osunaarashi scandal

He has now admitted that he was driving, given the fact that he was seen in more than one security camera driving. Now, what? Yesterday, he specifically denied that he was driving.

Edited by Kintamayama

Next he will solemnly vow that he did not have sexual relations with that woman.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

34 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

He has now admitted that he was driving, given the fact that he was seen in more than one security camera driving. Now, what? Yesterday, he specifically denied that he was driving.

Now he has plenty of time to get ready for his opening day match against Amuru at Natsu. 

The accident happened on the 3rd on a prefectural road near the parking lot of this ski resort in Yamanouchi town, Nagano. http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye3271069.htmlnews3271069_38.jpg

With bad visibility due to snow blowing violently, Osunaarashi had a rear-end collision with the car in front. http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00382763.html

ho201801231601_50.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

With bad visibility due to snow blowing violently, Osunaarashi had a rear-end collision with the car in front.

So it's @Yukiarashi fault then....

Also, an Egyptian Sumo rikishi skiing?  That must have been interesting to see.

OK, driving without licence is not clever. Doing so, while your working contract says you are not allowed might be even considered reckless. Doing it under the previus two conditions in snow weather with bad visibilty is outright dumb. He should be penalized for that alone.

[I had my fair share of early-adulthood dumb-ass DUI situations, but I don't recall pushing my luck by combining that with tough weather conditions.]

10 minutes ago, yorikiried by fate said:

OK, driving without licence is not clever. Doing so, while your working contract says you are not allowed might be even considered reckless. Doing it under the previus two conditions in snow weather with bad visibilty is outright dumb. He should be penalized for that alone.

[I had my fair share of early-adulthood dumb-ass DUI situations, but I don't recall pushing my luck by combining that with tough weather conditions.]

Being THAT dumb is usually a penalty aplenty by itself.

But I agree that considering all the facts in context punishment is imminent and it may even be harsher than most of us expect.

Even more dumb is his attempted excuse afterwards (if the reports are true at all). Telling a police officer "No, I didn't drive. My wife did, but I was trying to hide from you that she did!" is a whole new level of stupidity. One can only hope that this wasn't really what he was trying to say.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rocks said:

So it's @Yukiarashi fault then....

Also, an Egyptian Sumo rikishi skiing?  That must have been interesting to see.

Yes I snowed my frozen fury down upon that rapscallion!

Yes he is quite a good skier. He was joining Kaisei and Wakaichiro ice fishing in the area.

Edited by Yukiarashi
word fit better

Probably only funny to English-speaking insurance brokers who like telling terrible jokes: I find it hilarious that Kurama (car = 車 kuruma) was partly responsible for the driving ban. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yorikiried by fate said:

And of course, the left hand drive thing..

I will steak my quickly fading reputation here and say there is no way he will not be ousted from sumo. No way. The Kyokai will tolerate a lie told them. but they will not tolerate a lie told to the police. Oosunaarashi admitted to lying. There is no grey gray  doubtful area here. Salamaat, ya zalame.

This is cool, didn't know half.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

And of course, the left hand drive thing..

Why, that's not so difficult. And if he drives like everyone else does in Egypt, he simply takes any of the available lanes not letting his hand off the horn at anytime. Eventually, all other cars will give way...

• Haha 2

Just now, yorikiried by fate said:

Why, that's not so difficult. And if he drives like everyone else does in Egypt, he simply takes any of the available lanes not letting his hand off the horn at anytime. Eventually, all other cars will give way...

Have you tried it (or the other way around if you're from a left handed country..)? It ain't easy either, especially when  coming to a roundabout. I've done it, it took a while, but add that to all you pointed out about Oosunaarashi's journey and the disorientation is perfect.

1 minute ago, Kintamayama said:

Have you tried it [...]?

In fact, I have. Coming from sitting left driving right, I managed to sit right, drive left and also sit left drive left. Not so hard, but then I'm awsome.

Fun aside, the bizarre thing is the memory of it. When I was staying in England for a while and thought back of my German roads, I suddenly thought that i had been driving there left all the time. Now, when I think of England and picture the streets I know well, I could swear that I was driving on the right side there.

There's either a scientific paper in that or an international warrant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

I will steak my quickly fading reputation here

Homer Simpson: " Mmmmmm stake ... arggggghghghghgh!"

I'm waiting for the revelation that the passenger wasn't actually his wife, and he was just trying to earn a few extra yen as a Uber driver...

11 minutes ago, yorikiried by fate said:

There's either a scientific paper in that or an international warrant.

Or a conspiracy..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I had no problem learning to sit left or right/drive left in Japan.  When I returned to the U.S., I relaxed, and I often ended up in close calls on head on collisions. Parking lots were a nightmare.

Next:

Osunaarashi "Okay, I was driving but I'm from Egypt so I don't know how to drive in snow."

Kyokai " How does this help? You aren't supposed to drive at all!"

Police-"Who was driving?"    Osunaarashi-"I was."     Police-"You don't have a license!"    Osunaarashi-"My wife was driving"    Police-"Your wife doesn't have a license either!"   Osunaarashi-"Exactly that's why I was driving I was protecting her"    Police-"But you don't have a license!"    Osunaarashi-"That's why we changed seats!"   Police-"What?"    Osunaarashi-"Exactly."

Kyokai-

image.png.2a120bd2ce2c6a6a7d59c35db0f0b08d.png

We need another committee!

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

10 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I will steak my quickly fading reputation here and say there is no way he will not be ousted from sumo. No way. The Kyokai will tolerate a lie told them. but they will not tolerate a lie told to the police. Oosunaarashi admitted to lying. There is no grey gray  doubtful area here. Salamaat, ya zalame.

This is cool, didn't know half.

Tell that to Kotomitsuki.