Fujisan

Anyone here in the healthcare business?

Fujisan    224

For the last 5 days I have been unable to eat or drink,I know I have had a cold or flu bug,I recognise the symptoms but as most of symptoms die away,one new one(To me)persists...

When I try to eat or drink it always tastes like it has turpentine in it and thats not nice....

Can anyone explain that?

Asojima    1,895
16 minutes ago, Fujisan said:

For the last 5 days I have been unable to eat or drink,I know I have had a cold or flu bug,I recognise the symptoms but as most of symptoms die away,one new one(To me)persists...

When I try to eat or drink it always tastes like it has turpentine in it and thats not nice....

Can anyone explain that?

Eat or drink something that is missing the turpentine.

Kintamayama    22,329

Go to the hospital. Now. Not eating or drinking for 5 days is not a good sign. Go now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Rocks    877

Sounds like a sinus infection. Yes, get yourself to a Doctor because they don't go away with just rest. 

Kuroyama    569

No one in the healthcare business will venture a diagnosis over the Internet. I hope you took Kintamayama's and Rocks' advice.

Fujisan    224

I am drinking now,the only thing to date that doesn't taste of turpentine---Lucosade original or if thats not available I hold my nose and drink anything I can....

Thanks for all your advice I think if the problem continues I may speak to the local pharmacist,who most people seem to view as the 1st step on the ladder...........

Sokkenaiyama    63

It's beyond my limited comprehension why you would not eat and drink for such a long time and not see a doctor, and, most importantly, why you feel the need to let the forum know about it before/instead of going to said doctor. :-|

Seriously, though, I always knew you were a bit of an attention whore, but this... this is taking it to a whole new level.

Still more mysterious is how you managed to survive for 5 whole days without hydration.

Bumpkin    350
2 hours ago, Fujisan said:

I am drinking now,the only thing to date that doesn't taste of turpentine---Lucosade original or if thats not available I hold my nose and drink anything I can....

Thanks for all your advice I think if the problem continues I may speak to the local pharmacist,who most people seem to view as the 1st step on the ladder...........

Fujisan; I was actually scared for you. I'm relieved that you are feeling better. Take care.

Edited by Bumpkin
typo