Akinomaki

Abema TV all sumo live

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Akōgyokuseki said:

Now that is strange. Normally a content ID claim can be done in conjunction with a 3rd party etc, and it's usually for standard things like image rights, music, logos, advertising ect. I wonder if there was a 3rd party involved with the claim?...(but it looks unlikely given that abema's name is all over it)

Scary. Makes me think someone is watching the forum at times.... paranoid mode of thought, I know...

And it is a totally baseless claim by Abema, since I never used a frame of their stuff, as I wrote before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

And it is a totally baseless claim by Abema, since I never used a frame of their stuff, as I wrote before. 

Yeah, these things can be completely frivolous. Here's that aforementioned other copyright infringement notice I received a few years ago:

YT.png

What the heck is some apparent Bollywood song doing in a sumo livestream recording, you may wonder. It's in fact...a yobidashi's hyoshi-gi clapping. :-S As shown on the right I actually tried to dispute that claim sometime later, mostly just to see what happens with a bogus copyright claim if you do that. My objection was dismissed by the copyright holder within minutes, probably in fully automatic fashion - I doubt any real human even saw my request that they justify their claim. After that you'd be forced to lodge a full appeal with Youtube, complete with opening yourself up to civil liability.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

What the heck is some apparent Bollywood song doing in a sumo livestream recording, you may wonder. It's in fact...a yobidashi's hyoshi-gi clapping. :-S As shown on the right I actually tried to dispute that claim sometime later, mostly just to see what happens with a bogus copyright claim if you do that. My objection was dismissed by the copyright holder within minutes, probably in fully automatic fashion - I doubt any real human even saw my request that they justify their claim. After that you'd be forced to lodge a full appeal with Youtube, complete with opening yourself up to civil liability. 

I'd find this laughable if something similar hadn't happened to a friend of mine. Same thing too with the hyoshi-gi clappers. It's an obvious symptom of the imperfect system YouTube/Google uses. As well as touchy algorithms, they claim to cast a human eye (eventually) over any content ID dispute...

"Even though Content ID claims are disputed less than 1% of the time, we agree that this process could be better. Making sure our Content ID tools are being used properly is deeply important to us, so we’ve built a dedicated team to monitor this. Using a combination of algorithms and manual review, this team has resolved millions of invalid claims in the last year alone, and acted on millions more before they impacted creators. The team also restricts feature access and even terminates a partner’s access to Content ID tools if we find they are repeatedly abusing these tools."

https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html?m=1

Pie in the sky stuff. Obviously the whole process is completely automated, as you say...and forces the channels creator to abandon any further legal defense on their part. Sort of the like the internet equivalent of banging one's head up a brick wall. But checkmate for the claimant of the infringement notice.

Checking Miselet's channel link brings up this message...

'This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.' https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCl21R2SHvvjYqvsuuXxeNAg

There's a mention of a third party on the notice. Is this the standard message that everyone see's after a channels takedown via a content ID claim, or is the mention of a third party specific to Miselet's case?

6 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

And it is a totally baseless claim by Abema, since I never used a frame of their stuff, as I wrote before. 

Everyone knows where you get your footage from, Kinta. Your always open and honest both here and on your YouTube channel. What I don't get is why you and Asashosakari were both targeted and hit with the same warning, despite you never using one iota of Abema footage and Asashosakari being forced to remove a specific clip from 2018, despite having several other uploads from abema.

This whole thing is too strange if you ask me...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MISLET was an invaluable asset (along with Kinta and mbovo) for many sumo fans outside Japan.  Despite some of its non-traditional modes of presentation, Abema TV offers a wealth of behind-the-scenes information.  It would be a great blessing if MISLET's efforts could somehow be duplicated!  Maybe one day...

Edited by Amamaniac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the free broadcast.   Thanks to those who made it available.

They can't make the commercials more annoying, can they?  And the same interviews that are repeated every day ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Abema’s coverage has really come a long way. I used to find it insufferable and completely unwatchable because of a number of its “features“ but these have been significantly toned down or done away with altogether. I much prefer watching with no commentary or Japanese commentary, as opposed to English, and I liked the theme song a lot this tournament. Anybody know what it’s called or who sings it? I tried searching for what I thought were the English lyrics but drew a blank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2019 at 03:24, Amamaniac said:

MISLET was an invaluable asset (along with Kinta and mbovo) for many sumo fans outside Japan.  Despite some of its non-traditional modes of presentation, Abema TV offers a wealth of behind-the-scenes information.  It would be a great blessing if MISLET's efforts could somehow be duplicated!  Maybe one day...

Agreed, the Abema graphics are cool and there’s a wealth of information there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, since_94 said:

I think Abema’s coverage has really come a long way. I used to find it insufferable and completely unwatchable because of a number of its “features“ but these have been significantly toned down or done away with altogether. I much prefer watching with no commentary or Japanese commentary, as opposed to English, and I liked the theme song a lot this tournament. Anybody know what it’s called or who sings it? I tried searching for what I thought were the English lyrics but drew a blank

I second that. Abema became very enjoyable for me as someone who too prefers Japanese commentary. 
This is the song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF-HMJkh1Q0

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, since_94 said:

I think Abema’s coverage has really come a long way.

If only the commercial breaks wouldn't get more an more insufferable.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, MISELET. Your work has been an invaluable asset to us and the result of it became a staple of our evenings. We already miss it.

By the way, does anyone know what software he used to record these videos ? VLC ?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your kind words! They give us strength!

As for "Abema TV", many thanks to them for the broadcast, they grow each time, but the operators are terrible ! )))

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.03.2019 at 18:43, shumitto said:

Спасибо, МИСЕЛЕТ. Ваша работа стала для нас неоценимым активом, и ее результат стал одним из главных продуктов наших вечеров. Мы уже скучаем по этому.

Кстати, кто-нибудь знает, какое программное обеспечение он использовал для записи этих видео? VLC?

I use  https://obsproject.com/  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like it's the Makuuchi content that gets banned 1st then the whole channel, right ?

So, maybe you can keep posting the lower level parts as you usually do, but keep the Juryo and Makuuchi parts private and just post the direct links here ?

I'm no expert on Youtube, so that might not work better. But I'm particularly interested in the lower divisions to follow the rising prospects. If that can allow you to keep your channel alive, it's a small step at least.

Anyway Miselet, big thanks for your work for the community. Hope you find a way.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Oortael said:

Seems like it's the Makuuchi content that gets banned 1st then the whole channel, right ?

So, maybe you can keep posting the lower level parts as you usually do, but keep the Juryo and Makuuchi parts private and just post the direct links here ?

I'm no expert on Youtube, so that might not work better. But I'm particularly interested in the lower divisions to follow the rising prospects. If that can allow you to keep your channel alive, it's a small step at least.

The problem is that Youtube's content identification system will find and alert copyrighted content even in non-public videos. Setting videos to unlisted or private will only help against copyright holders that try to find their material through the normal search features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What usually gets banned (I'm talking NHK)  is a whole broadcast being re-broadcast in full. Digests are usually left alone (fair use, etc..) unless one tries to monetize. There are many untouched digest youtube channels showing extremely copyright-minded sports like  NBA and MLB  with nearly half a million views per video, so that's how I reached this conclusion. I use them every morning to watch last night's games' highlites, around 12-15 minutes long. Very good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something - Abema.tv does not want to show! Am I the only one wondering if I have a problem or not? Can who will help smart word?! ))

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MISELET said:

Something - Abema.tv does not want to show! Am I the only one wondering if I have a problem or not? Can who will help smart word?! ))

Abema at first demands an "agree" to some new spectator contract - in OBS with "interact" this is no problem. The schedule https://abema.tv/search?q=大相撲 and everything else only then appears. It has repeats of the Haru basho starting Saturday, for the basho so far only digests on schedule. No channel is given any more for the broadcast - last basho had a sumo channel after all, so there likely will be one again later.

The available videos are all only for Abema Premium users - but the standard channels show up as usual with the free Tsukuba-dai VPN I use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to buy Abema Premium - they promise the first month for free, but the Abema site don't let me buy it. They don't like my credit cards. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If someone has already bought or is going to buy Abema Premium tell me please what I'm doing wrong! Believe me, many people will be grateful to you! )))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MISELET said:

I decided to buy Abema Premium - they promise the first month for free, but the Abema site don't let me buy it. They don't like my credit cards. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If someone has already bought or is going to buy Abema Premium tell me please what I'm doing wrong! Believe me, many people will be grateful to you! )))

It's unlikely, but ... maybe they recognize you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MISELET said:

I decided to buy Abema Premium - they promise the first month for free, but the Abema site don't let me buy it. They don't like my credit cards. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If someone has already bought or is going to buy Abema Premium tell me please what I'm doing wrong! Believe me, many people will be grateful to you! )))

It's a service for Japan only - maybe you need a Japan based credit card

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last the usual basho broadcasts are on the Abema schedule -  2 for the same part, one without channel will likely be the not yet existing sumo channel, one for the sports channel - the usual 4 parts: jk-ms, juryo, makuuchi, m.-climax (sanyaku) https://abema.tv/search?q=大相撲

VOD for 7 days after broadcast -  till the basho starts, each day one complete makuuchi day of the Haru basho is on schedule and as VOD



  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the past week, I've been unable to find a server on my VPN that is not content-blocked by Abema. At first I assumed my IP was bleeding somehow, so I tweaked a few settings. But all the online diagnostics are convinced I'm in Tokyo; it's only Abema that is blocking content. I'm assuming now that Abema is flagging the IPs, unless anyone has other suggestions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nordVPN will work with AbemaTV. You need to move your Server station to Japan. and then Bonsai!  So far, AbemaTV is setup only for the Japans.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another way to view newest inplay is to go on you Tube and their two or three guys replaying AbeemmaTV. D1 gets my vote! Just go to search put in AbemaTV.  Enjoy the Reiwa Era Nasho basho. It is an upset all the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now