mbovo

Where to go next?

mbovo    72

Hi and Happy New Year sumo fans!

As many of you may know I was streaming the Kyushu Basho on youtube until my last video got deleted and I received a copyright strike from yt. They also temporarily disabled my ability to make live streams. Temporarily means 90 days from that date, giving me no chance to stream the January Basho.

I already posted a few videos on my channel saying I would like to carry on somewhere else. In the last few weeks I've been testing numoerous different platforms to find one where I can continue streaming.

With just over a week to go until the new tournament I would like to know what you guys think, where should I go next. Do you have any experience with streaming sites, any suggestions? If so, please let me know so that I can make the best possible decision.

I found four sites to be pretty stable and good quality:

twitch.tv

stream.me

looch.tv

picarto.tv

I'm happy to hear about any other options, if you know a good site, don't keep it a secret.

PS: Yes, I have seen Kintamayama's brand new video and found out about Abema TV but even so, I am still planning on streaming sumo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Bumpkin    351

Mbovo; Thanks for all you did in November.

Kintamayama    22,373
2 hours ago, mbovo said:

PS: Yes, I have seen Kintamayama's brand new video and found out about Abema TV but even so, I am still planning on streaming sumo.

Sure. We're not even sure if it will be open to people outside Japan. Even if it is, always good to have an alternative. As for the options, I have no idea.. 

luispereira    336

not twitch. maybe one of those last 2, they look more shady...  I hope you can stream again this basho... let us know

thanks for your service! 

mbovo    72
23 hours ago, luispereira said:

not twitch. maybe one of those last 2, they look more shady...  I hope you can stream again this basho... let us know

thanks for your service! 

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest twitch looks the best quality and most stable one of the four. What is the problem with it?

Tsuchinoninjin    299

Youtube is Google and Twitch is Amazon, and I believe that Twitch is even better at nuking rebroadcasts off their service than Youtube.

mbovo    72
31 minutes ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

Youtube is Google and Twitch is Amazon, and I believe that Twitch is even better at nuking rebroadcasts off their service than Youtube.

Even if I only stream live and don't keep my vids archived?

luispereira    336

yeah, you can get away two or three days in twitch, but eventually you'll probably get striked... try to use something more underground... 

mbovo    72

Thanks guys for the heads up, I'll test the other 3 and maybe some others in the next few days.

• Thanks 3

mbovo    72

Just over a day to go and I made my decision, I'll go with stream.me, pretty stable, nice quality, with a chatroom as well, you'll find my channel there. See you guys on Sunday :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Akinomaki    17,923
25 minutes ago, mbovo said:

Just over a day to go and I made my decision, I'll go with stream.me, pretty stable, nice quality, with a chatroom as well, you'll find my channel there. See you guys on Sunday :)

Looks really good also in full screen - quality as "source" seems to be the best selection

- and offline now

Kawabata    142
29 minutes ago, mbovo said:

bookmarked!

orandashoho    523
1 hour ago, mbovo said:

Before I create an account and allow something like this to run on my computer, I really need to know more about the consequences...

Benihana    620
1 hour ago, orandashoho said:

Before I create an account and allow something like this to run on my computer, I really need to know more about the consequences...

You don't need an account for watching, only for chatting. Consequences: Maybe some more SPAM and live sumo. HD live sumo.

• Haha 1

orandashoho    523
41 minutes ago, Benihana said:
2 hours ago, orandashoho said:

You don't need an account for watching, only for chatting. Consequences: Maybe some more SPAM and live sumo. HD live sumo.

(Laughing...)(Laughing...)(Laughing...)

EtherKappa    0

Well now that stream.me seems to be a bust, are there any backups? I have tried the Abema thing but none of their videos seem to load.

Akinomaki    17,923

Excellent - twitch has HQ VOD and youtube-dl gets it.

Kintamayama    22,373

Raining today the whole day. Still, I managed to take the dog out for a quick walk. How was your day, forum members?

Edited by Kintamayama

Atenzan    758
2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Raining today the whole day. Still, I managed to take the dog out for a quick walk. How was your day, forum members?

I made a beef pie from scratch. Delicious although the pie crust burst open on top. Then I finished my book. I'd say pretty good.

• Like 1

Joaoiyama    60
3 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Made burgers, watched documentary on Takanohana II and watched the basho from 1971 to 1981, amazing to see Wajima along with Takanohana I and Kitanoumi, got to see the start of Chiyonofuji's great career and one of my favorites Mienoumi have a great ozeki run to Yokozuna but with an end that reminds me of where Kisenosato's at now.

Also today's torikumi is as good as yesterday, looks like the start of a great basho :-D

• Like 1