Kintamayama

Videos and promo-Hatsu 2018-Days 1-15

I'm pretty sure I saw that in Ghostbusters.

• Haha 5

That's why I love Kaisei.  He's always got the most hilarious takes in the jungyo pics.  Seems to have a natural sense of humor.

7 hours ago, Thundersnow said:

Holy cow, the book's in English? We need a title, please. Must read. Well, maybe hthe earlier poster put it up and I missed it...

We had some discussion about the book and where to buy last year:

On a side note, I heard some of the yobidashi have formed a reggae band in their spare time. They're called UB Dashi.

Still raining.

• Haha 2

Just now, Kintamayama said:

On a side note, I heard some of the yobidashi have formed a reggae band in their spare time. They're called UB Dashi.

I also heard one of the ozeki is planning on a post-sumo career as country music artist under the name Tucker Yazoo.

• Haha 2

Holy cow, the book's in English? We need a title, please. Must read. Well, maybe hthe earlier poster put it up and I missed it...

Discover Sumo
Hideo Yamaki

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-Discover-Sumo-Stories-from-Yobidashi-Hideo-/332522995059

http://www.gendaishokan.co.jp/goods/ISBN978-4-7684-5798-6.htm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

I also heard one of the ozeki is planning on a post-sumo career as country music artist under the name Tucker Yazoo.

And there's the late night host Talk Show Ryu.

• Haha 2

Somewhere on Youtube is that great concert featuring UB Dashi, Tucker Yazoo, Dash O'Maru and Homer Fuji. 

For their encore, they all did a rave-up version of "My Shikona."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Yukiarashi said:

I heard a Maegashira 6 is creating a fashion line known as Chic-ioi.

One thing is for sure-if at some point in his career he will be alternating between Juryo and Makuuchi, I will be calling him Iki-yoyo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is available in an English translation! This book and Sharnoff's 'Grand Sumo,' along with the forum, were my 'gateways.'

IMG_1898.PNG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

One thing is for sure-if at some point in his career he will be alternating between Juryo and Makuuchi, I will be calling him Iki-yoyo.

You have Myoyogiryu right now:-)

• Like 1

i really dig the overhead camera angle on the replay.  thanks for including in your highlights!

Like and Thanks ain't enough for Kintamayama vids. I want a "Lord love ya" buttun.

• Like 3

Yeah, thank you always feels insufficient when it comes to Moti's efforts on our behalf.

Not sure about YouTube's sudden ability to select spoiler screenshots, though...

30 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

Yeah, thank you always feels insufficient when it comes to Moti's efforts on our behalf.

Not sure about YouTube's sudden ability to select spoiler screenshots, though...

My bad. Although you really can't tell what's going on, but usually I spot the youtube spoilers. Will fix.

I hope he won't get bothered by the press too much... I hope he'll keep a cool head and won't let the pressure keep him from the prize... best not think about it too much and fight one bout at a time!

30 minutes ago, Suwihuto said:

Tochinoshin seems to be redder with every bout.

Well, the Republic of Georgia used to be part of the USSR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Chinese qq site does a daily 4 hour replay video of each day's Abema sekitori coverage.  Here is Day 12.

Day 11.
Day 10.
Day 9.

Edited by Asojima