Sign in to follow this  
Tiger Tanaka

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and a happy and healthy 2018!

2017 was my introduction to Sumo. In February, I began following this wonderful sport. In March, I found and joined these forums filled with wonderful people with endless knowledge from years of experience of following the sport. I want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and informative as I began picking up the sport.

In these past 9 months, I've been lucky enough to watch the first Japanese born Yokozuna in many years perform and win a yusho in his debut at the Yokozuna rank, travel to Japan and witness sumo at the Kokugikan in Tokyo in May, buy authentic sumo souvenirs during my stay in Tokyo, meet rikishi and take pictures up close of many of my favorites, eat chanko, and much more! I've also now been through the covering of a scandal within the sport for the first time during my following. It's been quite an exciting and fun ride and I find myself more fascinated with this sport each day and look forward to more great discussion with you all in 2018!

• Thanks 1

Happy new year right at this moment from Brazil, may 2018 be competitive in sumo, new age of young stars so my hopes are to have a new ozeki to challenge hakuho and try a run for Yokozuna in 2019, either way can't wait to see how this basho turns out and hopefully lead the amazingly stacked lower san'yaku to battle it out to see who shall rise.

Also, a goodbye to ony of my all time favorites, i will certainly miss his dohyo iri and the way he could beat anyone even when injuried, even Hakuho, now that he is gone there are no real threats to Hakuho at the moment, i wish the Hakuho-Harumafuji era lasted longer, hell, i wish Asashoryu would've got more time in his career, a time where these three yokozuna would be active is too much to ask.

haru.jpg

Happy New Year from Charleston, South Carolina.  Thanks for the kindness and knowledge from the forum members.

• Like 1

Happy new year everyone!

Personally I hope for a better year in 2018.....

I lost my Mom in june and then my accident in August....

2018 must be better surely...