Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O Hatsu 2018

Dapeng    124
20 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Indeed, both Kakuryuu and Kisenosato are in. "I'm in. All I can do is concentrate on each day at a time as usual.  I'll enter and try to go with the flow. I had a terrible year, a difficult year.. If I don't make the best of this basho, it's all for nothing." said Kakuryuu.

"I am in a position where I am ready to do battle. Every day will be critical. The most important thing is to be able to concentrate on each bout at a time..," said Kisenosato.

Hiramaku rikishies will be happy to see them in: now they'll have much more chances to grab gold stars :-D

ryafuji    272
5 hours ago, Gernobono said:

[irony on]

surpsing.......that is the opposite of what they usually say

[irony off]

I would love to see the interviewer's face if Kisenosato had said "the most important thing is to think about my kachi-koshi at the end and not worry about the individual bouts"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Akinomaki    17,923

Hakuho today trained again at Tomozuna-beya, his traditional place to conclude degeiko before the basho - 13-0 with Kaisei, Kyokushuho and his own uchi-deshi Yamaguchi

with Yamaguchi, and with Kaisei - in the back again that young kid

b_10887796.jpgo b_10887640.jpgo 201801110000696-w200_0.jpg

after degeko to Isegahama-beya yesterday

b_10886206.jpgo201801110000154-w200_0.jpgo

Kakuryu announced today at Izutsu-beya that he'll enter the basho

96958A9E81818A99E6E2E2E1EA8DE3E3E2E3E0E2E3EAE2E2E2E2E2E2-DSXMZO2554318011012018I00001-PN1-2.jpgo o o

Kisenosato with Hokutofuji the other day

b_10886208.jpgo20180110s00005000331000p_thum.jpgo

at the heya today  - deciding he'll enter the basho

201801110000326-w200_0.jpgo spo1801110043-n1.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 5

Burajirotono    97
10 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Indeed, both Kakuryuu and Kisenosato are in. "I'm in. All I can do is concentrate on each day at a time as usual.  I'll enter and try to go with the flow. I had a terrible year, a difficult year.. If I don't make the best of this basho, it's all for nothing." said Kakuryuu.

"I am in a position where I am ready to do battle. Every day will be critical. The most important thing is to be able to concentrate on each bout at a time..," said Kisenosato.

Fuck! This will be like mad max beyond thunderdome; 3 zunas enter 1 zuna leaves...

We DO neeed another heeeeeeeeeeero...

• Haha 3

Akinomaki    17,923

Kisenosato had a day of rest today - after starting very early this year and doing maybe the most keiko bouts per day of all makuuchi. The oyakata: "He will be there 15 days at the basho." http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20180112/sum18011221390012-n1.html

yesterday also just a bit of the basics

b_10889155.jpgo 20180111-OHT1I50191-N.jpgo 20180111s00005000426000p_thum.jpgo PK2018011202100092_size0.jpgo

Hakuho at final degeiko at Tomozuna-beya yesterday with Kaisei

20180111-OHT1I50190-N.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

John Gunning    2,400
On 1/12/2018 at 03:49, Burajirotono said:

Fuck! 

You use profanity freely but this forum has (had?) a rule against it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Atenzan    758
10 minutes ago, Burajirotono said:

Really? Sorry guys. I did´t know that. (Bow...)

It's been more relaxed lately. In my earliest days on the forum I was warned by a moderator for using questionable language that wasn't even profanity. Since I saw people swearing here and there without much consequence (though I don't recall any F-words or anything navy-strength) I have dialled down my filters a bit too, on occasion. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with profanity as long as it doesn't lower the quality of the discourse. But if the powers that be or fellow members want to go back to the zero swearing forum decorum, I'd be all right with that as well. In fact, I propose we move this discussion into an off-topic thread and talk about this, since I don't even know what's permitted/encouraged/verboten anymore.

Burajirotono    97

You guys know im not an english speaker so it's hard to me not sounding rude sometimes.

I do have relatives in US and they use f*, s*,p*,c*, etc,  all the time. Sometime ago i pass a few days with an lovely london´s babe and she used to say f* like 4 times per sentence...

So i didnt mean to break any rules or bother no one. My english is just shi...Aham...Lame.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ryafuji    272
8 hours ago, John Gunning said:

http://www.sumoforum.net/rules.html

Seems difficult to get to the actual top page now

Thanks for the link. It appears repeated use of foul language is "strongly discouraged" rather than "forbidden" and it is repeated use so a one-off F-bomb is probably ok.

John Gunning    2,400
3 hours ago, ryafuji said:

Thanks for the link. It appears repeated use of foul language is "strongly discouraged" rather than "forbidden" and it is repeated use so a one-off F-bomb is probably ok.

Well in the case of Burajirotono it is repeated, which is why I highlighted the rule / guideline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tsuchinoninjin    299

I dunno if this warrants a new preparations thread so early, but Kakuryu had surgery today for torn cartilage in his left ankle by endoscope. No mention on recovery time.

• Thanks 5

Bumpkin    351
23 minutes ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

I dunno if this warrants a new preparations thread so early, but Kakuryu had surgery today for torn cartilage in his left ankle by endoscope. No mention on recovery time.

Should be moved to a different thread. Any word on when Kakuryu was injured? Might explain his 4 straight losses.

Kintamayama    22,373
19 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

Should be moved to a different thread. Any word on when Kakuryu was injured? Might explain his 4 straight losses.

Too funny..