Pandaazuma

Metasumo 2018

The standings for Metasumo 2018 have been updated after the Haru SB Masters.

Shikona-changing Atenzan (ex-McBugger) wasn't quite able to defend the first place but he finds himself only 1,33 points behind the new leader. 

Congratulations to Wamahada! (Applauding...)

Follow the link below to see the full standings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zklqusMvZMqNqwMI7EeF_bHYVkhjZEib/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Here are the results for Metasumo after Natsu Basho 2018:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Goyp_4H6gJm5Ysm1LJFpy3QmRJ1ypZra/view?usp=sharing

- Atenzan regained the lead from Wamahada and is well ahead now with 557,60 points.  (Signofapproval...)

- Flohru is back at the 2nd place where he already was after the Hatsu SB masters (unfortunately no good choice regarding "group 5"... :'-().

- Also worth mentioning is Jakusotsu who took the biggest step forwards of all players (nine ranks). B-)

Edited by Tenshinhan
Asashosakari mono-ii
  • Thanks 5

On 29.5.2018 at 23:37, Tenshinhan said:

- Flohru is back at the 2nd place where he already was after the Hatsu SB masters (unfortunately no good choice regarding "group 5"... :'-()

Thanks for the update! I am still confident that my "group 5"-pick will end up as "best choice" - no pressure though! :)

• Haha 2

The Metasumo results have been updated with the points from the Nagoya 2018 SB Masters Series:

Atenzan (733,03) was able to keep ahead once again. Hearty congratulations! (Applauding...)

But this time, to keep the suspense alive, Flohru (719,47) managed to reduce the distance to the top from former 47,07 points (after Natsu) to now 13,56 points remaining.

The title might be decided between these two players (who have 5 out of 8 picks in common). Atenzan will favour a strong Aki Basho performance by Jejima, Achiyama and Profomisakari while Flohru will root for chishafuwaku, Tenshinhan and Metzinowaka instead.

Ex-leader Wamahada (705,42) also passed the 700 points benchmark and is at the 3rd place at the moment.

To watch the full standings follow the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3j-06-xo58UaiPaqBKYT9k1HVsbScXW/view?usp=sharing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

The Metasumo standings have been updated after 5 out of 6 hon-basho.

Did I think the yusho might be decided between Atenzan and Flohru two month ago? Well, Wamahada definitely has a say in this matter:

Wamahada is back in the lead of the game with 941,51 points! (Applauding...) He already had the pole position after the Haru SB Masters half a year ago.  
Ironically, it was Flohru who lifted Wamahada with his outstanding Aki Masters performance (64,46 points).  

Flohru (939,87) better should have picked himself but still has every chance to take the Metasumo yusho. He is just 1,64 points behind the frontrunner. 

Atenzan (918,43) couldn't defend the lead this time. He switched places with Wamahada.

Taka also passed the 900 points mark and has an outside chance to win the game.

We have three changes regarding the best choices by the way: Flohru surpassed ScreechingOwl in group 3 (11-20), Jejima overtook Kaiomitsuki in group 4 (21-40) and Bill outperformed Achiyama in group 5 (41-80). 

To see full results follow the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V6yn51hWDxE_0ldlRWFNd4fgmum7fifP/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hopefully @Tenshinhan will update these at some point. Thanks so much for doing this over the year! :)

I will start recruiting for next year after the World Championship standings are finalised by Rando, who has had some trouble with his new laptop. 

No rush, of course.

• Like 1

I think I would be doing better at this if I stopped picking that idiot Fujisan----Oh no,no  that's me isn't it ;-)

Sorry Prof.......

Better next year.......

Edited by Fujisan
  • Haha 1

I proudly present the final Metasumo results of the year 2018:

So, let us just focus on our four contenders for the virtual Cup: Wamahada, Flohru, Atenzan and Taka. All of them picked Pandaazuma & Norizo which means that group 1 and 2 are not relevant for the yusho decision. The groups 6 and 8 are also not important as the picks almost didn't score in the Kyushu SB Masters.

In group 3, Flohru (28,02 Kyushu SB Masters points) was picked by Wamahada Taka. ScreechingOwl (10,25) was picked by Atenzan & Flohru.

In group 4, Atenzan picked Jejima (29,11) while the other three contenders went with chishafuwaku (34,67). The two worse options in these groups put Atenzan down (with hatakikomi). After adding the points for group 3 and 4, Wamahada is still in front.

But shortly before the finishing line, it's Flohru who takes the lead. He gets 17,25 points for his group 5 pick (Tenshinhan) while the others went with Achiyama (11,00).

Furthermore, the strong Kyushu Masters performance by Kintamayama (30,90) kicks Wamahada definitely out of the yusho race as Feginowaka didn't score any further points for him. All in all, this means...

Flohru is the Metasumo Champion 2018! Hearty congratulations! 
(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)

(Firstprize...)   1. @Flohru (1.105,03)

(Secondprize...)   2. @Wamahada (1.087,52)

(Thirdprize...)   3. @Taka (1.087,02)

Follow the link below to see the full results:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zIO7OUqjY5xbvvh5PtNX_IUflyTVq6nM/view?usp=sharing

Thank you all for playing the game. It has been a pleasure for me to do the standings. I hope to see you in 2019!

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thank you (Clappingwildly...)

Taka, Kitakachiyama, Chankoyama, chishafuwaku, Tenshinhan, Pitinosato, Hakase and Doitsuyama, (Kenshoparade...)

for this great, fabulous and spectacular result. (Zabutonflying...)

It will be hard to do better next year (Showingoff...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks, chishafuwaku! In a way this is the most prestigious sumo gaming yusho of all, so I am more than happy to win it for a second time. I was pretty confident with my team and I am actually surprised that only two of them managed to end up as group leader in the end (though all of them came pretty close). Thank you Pandaazuma, Norizo, ScreechingOwl, chishafuwaku (again),  Tenshinhan, Metzinowaka, Kintamayama and McBugger! (Showingrespect...)

• Like 1