Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

January 2018 weigh in

Amidst all this, everyone got weighed today.  Kisenosato down from the last weigh-in before Aki by 7 kilos and is now 177 kilo. Kakuryuu down by three kilos and is 155 kilos. Hakuhou down by one kilo-157 kilos. The Makuuchi weight average is now 164 kilos, up by half a kilo. Heaviest Makuuchi rikishi is Ichinojou-215 kilos, up by 9 kilos. Kaisei up by 13 kilos and is now 205 kilos. Ounoshou down by 10 kilos and is now 155 kilos. Takanoiwa did not show up, so he didn't get weighed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Swami said:

So much for Ichinojo's brief attempts to slim down.

If he feels good in body and soul and we get more of that "Attack Mode" Ichinojo on the dohyo (instead of IchinoSlow), that's a good thing... :)

3 hours ago, orandashoho said:

If he feels good in body and soul and we get more of that "Attack Mode" Ichinojo on the dohyo (instead of IchinoSlow), that's a good thing... :)

I thought it was Ichi go slow (or Ichi no-show).(Whistling...)

32 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

I thought it was Ichi go slow (or Ichi no-show).(Whistling...)

Both work. Ichi go slow in English, Ichi no slow (Ichi's slowness) in Japanese.

Edited by McBugger
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

Kaisei was great at 160/170 kilos, what is he thinking at 205?

I doubt that his thinking is affected by his belly. He is a big man, if he can carry the weight, stay healthy and in training for some serious oshi-zumo it may even help him. Though I'd really like to know what Tomozuna is thinking.

21 hours ago, orandashoho said:

I doubt that his thinking is affected by his belly. He is a big man, if he can carry the weight, stay healthy and in training for some serious oshi-zumo it may even help him. Though I'd really like to know what Tomozuna is thinking.

I think his great balance will be ruined by those extra kilos, Terunofuji is another guy who needs to slim down, his ligaments are bad duo to overweight in his whole life and in my opinion overtraining, he should cut some kilos while strenghtning his thighs and calfs, he's way down at m10 now and needs a refresh in his career, for god's sake Ichinojo is looking a million times better than him, that's worrying for me. Kaisei, Terunofuji and Ichinojo have the same problem of getting over their comfortable weight in my opinion, great potential but dumb training/eating.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 15:38, ryafuji said:

Orora up or down?

From today:

DR4nTK0UIAARBQO.jpg

DSBpT8_UEAUkaA7.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1